The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel Total Registrations 1st June 2011...

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Total Registrations 1st June 2011... Empty .tel Total Registrations 1st June 2011...

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:55 pm

mikeseaton06-02-2011 03:45 AM

.tel Total Registrations 1st June 2011...

are now available at http://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2011.php

Mike Seaton

telrific06-02-2011 05:22 AM

Update

Here is the corresponding chart updated as promised:

www.registrations.tel

marimax06-02-2011 05:59 PM

I am surprised to see so many useless .mobi registrations
    I hope .tel will surpass .mobi registartions soon

mikeseaton06-02-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 15010)
    I am surprised to see so many useless .mobi registrations
    I hope .tel will surpass .mobi registartions soon

[size]
    You're right Marimax - it does seem crazy that .mobi has 1,011,182 regs - against .tel regs at 297,058 - particularly as .mobi usually cost more and offer much less than .tel.

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific06-02-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15012)
    ...and offer much less than .tel.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    That's the key statement that no one believes.

".anyothertld" offers any and all possibilities available in the virtual world.

".tel" offers extremely limited functionality versus other tlds, that's the belief.

Unfortunately, "less is more" is the key to .tel and they don't get that.

Those who have the time to read and understand my post of earlier understand "less is more". (key part repeated below)

For the rest - ".anythingelse" is the "bargain" 

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 14998)
    The Future – The Chicken or the Egg ?

** “Although the concepts are identical to the telephone, newer technology provides us with the ability to far surpass voice alone. This is both a great benefit, and a great detriment.”

With more features, we get more size. For example, video data is significantly larger than voice data, and voice data is significantly larger than text data. This means that the transmission, processing, and delivery of data are slower and more expensive to users as richer content features cause the data involved to increase in size.

“The Chicken and the Egg”:

If any user seeks to connect with another entity or device, an address is required. If the address is not immediately known, the user has two choices when performing a lookup for the address:

Choice 1 – “The Chicken”

“The Chicken” choice is to use a computer or internet enabled telephone, along with a search engine, to download and view large amounts of data that a website uses. Even if a device is capable, this is much slower and can often be a very expensive method of finding basic information.

Choice 2 – “The Egg”

“The Egg” choice is to use a computer or internet enabled telephone, along with a search engine, to download and view small amounts of data that a .tel page uses. This is faster, device-friendly, and far less expensive.

It seems quite clear that “the Egg” choice shows that Telephone Directories will live long regardless of Website Directories – “Long live .TEL and the TelPages Directory” – the address and address directory of the future.

mikeseaton06-02-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 15013)
    That's the key statement that no one believes.

".anyothertld" offers any and all possibilities available in the virtual world.

".tel" offers extremely limited functionality versus other tlds, that's the belief.

[size]
    By saying .tel offers so much more than .mobi, I was referring to the seamless ability to work on both Laptop/PC and all mobile devices, the fact that you can create a basic "web site" (enough for many small businesses) using the CTH included in the registration price, AND most importantly Phase 2 with its ability to have a single contact point AUTOMATICALLY dial/email/Skype etc. using DNS lookups.

No other extension is ever likely to have this facility - it really has the chance of changing the way the world communicates!

But .tels continue to drop - I have picked up some unbelievable .tels recently which if .coms would be worth 4, 5 or even 6 figures.

It does seem as if virtually no-one outside this forum knows about the potential of Phase 2 - not sure how long we can afford to keep relatively quiet about this - sooner or later Telnic need to see if the world is interested in this ultimate vision - I just hope it is sooner!

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net06-02-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15024)
    But .tels continue to drop - I have picked up some unbelievable .tels recently which if .coms would be worth 4, 5 or even 6 figures.

[size]
    hold onto your hats... there's a few bumper drop days coming up over the next few days with some great names available.... http://buyatel.com[/size]

tindaya06-03-2011 07:34 AM

I think the problem is that all the comunications are very complex. You must understand about the HTML, IPv6, LTE, geolocation, SEO, VoIP, M2M, DNS, Curation,IDN, maps... and all in global, when you understand all, you say: dottel is perfect. But I think that a few people see the comunications in global.

Who speak about the .mobi only are domainers, who speak about the dottel are domainers, have a global vision of telecomunicacions in the future, and understand the complex of progamming, that is my opinion, "the future is written"

telrific06-03-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15034)
    I think the problem is that all the comunications are very complex. You must understand about the HTML, IPv6, LTE, geolocation, SEO, VoIP, M2M, DNS, Curation,IDN, maps... and all in global, when you understand all, you say: dottel is perfect. But I think that a few people see the comunications in global.

Who speak about the .mobi only are domainers, who speak about the dottel are domainers, have a global vision of telecomunicacions in the future, and understand the complex of progamming, that is my opinion, "the future is written"

[size]
    Exactly, the technology behind .tel as a tool blows other domains away.

Matter of time.

:)[/size]

telrific06-03-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15024)
    By saying .tel offers so much more than .mobi, I was referring to the seamless ability to work on both Laptop/PC and all mobile devices, the fact that you can create a basic "web site" (enough for many small businesses) using the CTH included in the registration price, AND most importantly Phase 2 with its ability to have a single contact point AUTOMATICALLY dial/email/Skype etc. using DNS lookups.

No other extension is ever likely to have this facility - it really has the chance of changing the way the world communicates!

It does seem as if virtually no-one outside this forum knows about the potential of Phase 2 - not sure how long we can afford to keep relatively quiet about this - sooner or later Telnic need to see if the world is interested in this ultimate vision - I just hope it is sooner!

Mike Seaton

[size]

Well put. The operative word is "more", and .tel goes a different direction with that operative word when compared with other tlds. 

The "ugly duckling" was used at one point in describing .tel, and every day the public gains a little bit of insight on what the .tel "swan" is becoming - and what "more" is where .tel is concerned.

:cool:[/size]

dottel.net06-14-2011 01:25 PM

for those interested in reading more about the drop numbers and seeing the daily drops vs regs charted, read our new blog post: http://tel-domain.blogspot.com/

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 2:45 pm