The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

List your Directories

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

List your Directories Empty List your Directories

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:43 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-26-2011 11:43 PM

List your Directories

Just in time for the snowy season...
    www.SnowRemoval.tel
    www.SnowBlowers.tel
    Canada only right now, Northern US States soon.
    Minimal content to prompt businesses owners to register.
    Map included at detailed level.
    Built with automated tools in a few hours.
    Mark

GoBigCity09-27-2011 12:56 AM

I hope to do the same with DentRepair.tel after the new templates are ready

boracay.tel09-27-2011 02:03 AM

I have 3 services directories needing content auto-uploaded.
    Waiting on the new templates....

tony mayo09-27-2011 10:13 AM

I take it that we will be able to automatically apply these new templates.

Also working on large number of directories for bulk uploading. 

Trying to tweak an Excel worksheet at my end for this work - taking a lot of time and not easy when I will be pushing at the 3,000 folder limit.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-27-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 17737)
    ... pushing at the 3,000 folder limit.

[size]
    3K is a limitation only if you need to give every business their own page. Perhaps consider leaving a good number of detailed pages for future paid listings and place multiple businesses on the same category or related pages using formatted phone entries. The long label for a phone entry lets you cram up to 255 characters of contact info. That way you can tease people into upgrading and still have 10,000+ (max 300K) listings if needed. 

http://telvisitors.com/images/sampletel.jpg

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-27-2011 12:11 PM

MovingService.tel

I picked up MovingService.tel yesterday and partially populated Canada in a couple of hours, but will rebuild later. 
    Jens, you beat me to MovingCompany.tel :(
    Mark

tony mayo09-27-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 17738)
    3K is a limitation only if you need to give every business their own page. Perhaps consider leaving a good number of detailed pages for future paid listings and place multiple businesses on the same category or related pages using formatted phone entries. The long label for a phone entry lets you cram up to 255 characters of contact info. That way you can tease people into upgrading and still have 10,000+ (max 300K) listings if needed. 

Mark

[size]
    Mark
    I take your point about paid listings.
    However, I have done the long label phone entry with satellitetv.tel, but records don't show in TelPages search unless you add all again to free text. 
    Lots to think about![/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-27-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 17740)
    ... but records don't show in TelPages search unless you add all again to free text. 
    Lots to think about!

[size]
    This is true and important if you are relying strictly on built-in search. However, your content is still indexed by the search engines. Still waiting on my TP questions to be answered by Telnic, so your problem can go away.

Mark[/size]

tindaya09-27-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Mark

[size]
    So the limit is 3000 folders and 10,000 records???[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-28-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 17748)
    So the limit is 3000 folders and 10,000 records???

[size]
    The limit is 3,000 folders, 100 records per folder, max records = 300,000. 10K+ was just an example higher than 3000. 

You can also have more than 100 pages per folder if they are invisible. This is a technique used to build directories where the hidden pages are linked via an internal index. The internal index is still limited to 100 records per folder (page) but is distributed across many folders. This is useful when you want more than 100 folders to have a url like xxxxxx.mydomain.tel (instead of xxxxxx.sub.mydomain.tel) I have created such a site but my client has yet to release it publicly.

Another technique is to link to 100's or 1,000's of hidden folders from a dot com site. 

Mark[/size]

tindaya09-28-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Mark

[size]
    Thanks.
    So if you use this, only one record to write the address and the phone, you can create 300.000 diferents telephones numbers, and that is interesting[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-30-2011 02:01 AM

Another directory populated with random seed values, a basic start for Canada with 180 regions ... Dieticians.tel - purchased the drop today, delivery time: 2 hours.
    Mark

Cees09-30-2011 08:23 PM

Mark,
    I've been fence sitting for a while, which of your tools are required to perform the task you describe in populating "dieticians.tel" 
    How difficult Is it to target more specific values.

Thx

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-30-2011 08:24 PM

Nutritionists.tel

Created another geo domain last night Nutritionists.tel for USA and Canada, partially populated. Generic back-end for advertisers to be available next week.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-07-2011 04:25 AM

Chamber of Commerce Directories

Small experimental directory created using data from Richmond Hill Chamber of Commerce data. Did the same with Norwalk.tel (a work in progress). Introducing .tel domains to Chambers of Commerce soon.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-07-2011 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 17879)
    Mark,
    I've been fence sitting for a while, which of your tools are required to perform the task you describe in populating "dieticians.tel" 
    How difficult Is it to target more specific values.
    Thx

[size]
    Dieticians.tel geographic subdomain structure, images, links and basic content was defined with free GeoGen and loaded through Bulk Populate, but the actual company content was sourced with a private tool. It`s private because it has to be customized for each source. I can create just about any directory these days, given the time.

Mark[/size]

Cees10-07-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18082)
    Dieticians.tel geographic subdomain structure, images, links and basic content was defined with free GeoGen and loaded through Bulk Populate, but the actual company content was sourced with a private tool. It`s private because it has to be customized for each source. I can create just about any directory these days, given the time.

Mark

[size]
    Thx for your reply Mark,
    I'll have to find more time and start using some of your tools.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-07-2011 03:53 PM

416.tel basic categorical structure is in place with minimal content. Next step is to add more content. Working on more population tools.
    Mark

GoBigCity10-07-2011 04:04 PM

In my mind the challenge we are going to face if the scattered directories. For example the 416.tel above is very nice. What will Toronto.tel look like in comparison? There will be several different directories in every city that will all look different because they have different owners. I have basically narrowed my holdings to geos so this is of great interest to me.

GoBigCity10-07-2011 04:05 PM

To my point. I live in the 360 area code. Check out 360.tel
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

List your Directories Empty Re: List your Directories

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:43 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-07-2011 04:17 PM

I picked up the related area codes (416,905,647, etc) to have variety and overlap as one tel can only hold 3,000 subdomains. However, I am rethinking how directories should work anyways. Ideally, a directory should aggregate links to related .tel domains. That way there is no content in a directory that needs to be replaced, because it is either getting real-time content from other tels or linking to them. This of course is not the reality so directories will exist to help direct traffic to subscribers. As for on-line directories, they should get live content from the DNS. In the meantime, I'll consolidate my tels and eventually try to sell some listings.

Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:32 pm