The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google prefers mobile sites

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google prefers mobile sites Empty Google prefers mobile sites

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:59 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-23-2014 07:36 PM

Google prefers mobile sites

http://domainnamewire.com/2014/11/18...search-results

Search for your .tel on your mobile and notice it should have "Mobile-friendly" label.
    I searched many of mine and they are labelled.
    Should be good news for .tel sites.
    Mark

Aled11-24-2014 10:19 AM

Thanks for sharing Mark. You can also verify your .tel at https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...bile-friendly/.

boracay.tel11-24-2014 10:44 AM

mobile friendly analysed and ok'd/worked for boracay.tel but not for my wife's business mySweet.tel (came back with errors, yet her website is perfectly fine)

https://twitter.com/Boracaytel/statu...16634543894528

Aled11-24-2014 11:05 AM

Boracay - the screenshot you have shared shows that mysweet.tel was seen as mobile friendly by the Google test? Further down it mentions that it had a "temporary error" and not all resources were loaded but the actual site was rated mobile friendly by the test.

boracay.tel11-24-2014 11:22 AM

I've tried the google test a few times, it continues to tell us that mysweet.tel has issues loading the resources

its a telnames site, boracay.tel is a telnic site. just asking if you can get an all clear for mysweet

also, the googlebot is being blocked, that cannot be good for getting a rank on google???

Aled11-24-2014 12:01 PM

It seems to have issues with loading some images, especially ads into it's preview display.

Re the block, it relates to the fact that the page is pulling in a Google map for the map display. If you don't want this to happen you can remove the map from the page.

tony mayo11-24-2014 02:00 PM

@Mark

Well spotted. It should be a big help.

@Aled

Very useful tool for analyzing mobile sites and all my directories getting thumbs up from Google..

However, can you shed any light on following message I get when I do Google Mobile Friendly test.

"This page uses one resource which is blocked by robots.txt. The results and screenshot may be incorrect. Learn how to unblock resources for Googlebot."

UPDATE:
    Messsage seem to be referring to Adsense JavaScript.

Aled11-24-2014 02:15 PM

Tony - the preview tool seems to have a problem with plugins. I have seen the message with the Google Maps being displayed, so it would tally that it could be Adsense also causing the issue.

boracay.tel11-24-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28231)
    ...If you don't want this to happen you can remove the map from the page.

[size]
    Aled, its part of her .tel page to show a map, thats where her business is.
    remove the map is not really an option, well, if google result is somehow being affected to the negative?[/size]

Aled11-24-2014 03:27 PM

Boracay, it's this test page and the preview on it that is having difficulty pulling in the map. I would imagine that this is because it is only designed to relate to content which is on the page itself, rather than content which is pulled in from external locations such as the Google map and Adsense Ads.

I've not seen any mention or evidence that having a Google Map display on a web page affects the search results of that page. To do so on the basis of this page which is there solely to judge if a web page is mobile friendly or not seems to be an extremely large assumption and if true something which would affect huge swathes of the web, not just .tel sites. It would also seem to be something very strange for Google to do - punish sites using their own map functionality.

boracay.tel11-24-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28235)
    Boracay, it's this test page and the preview on it that is having difficulty pulling in the map.

[size]
    i read about an error, on a page i was expecting all good.
    sorry didn't mean to assume either way, just looking for clarification[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 12:25 pm