The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel future

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel future            Empty .tel future

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:42 am

nadya05-26-2009 03:37 PM

.tel future

If you wish to comment on planned .tel features and functionality, or share an idea of a new .tel application or service, you're welcome in this forum. See the current roadmap at http://telnic.org/community-roadmap.html

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-10-2009 09:27 PM

Search within domain

For large directories, have a Search this Domain facility which would traverse all subfolders for the supplied information. Perhaps start the feature as a keyword text search, then expand later into specific search categories like website or name.
    This is outside the scope of TelPages search in the roadmap.

dotteller06-11-2009 05:57 AM

Mark's right - that would be an excellent feature (and soon, necessary!)

Would it be possible to have the display refresh automatically without pressing enter? It should just show matching entries in the current "domain" and "sub-folders" that have matching entries...

3ds06-15-2009 10:35 AM

chinese is necessary! tks!

nadya06-15-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ds (Post 147)
    chinese is necessary! tks!

[size]
    Yep, we're working on it, you should get the chinese version of the .tel control panel rather soon. Keywords and text header support Chinese already.[/size]

dottel06-15-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 150)
    Yep, we're working on it, you should get the chinese version of the .tel control panel rather soon. Keywords and text header support Chinese already.

[size]
    What are the upcoming language support?
    this would help to decide which parts of the world to concentrate for .tel sales:D

apart from English I would say 
    Hindi
    Chinese
    Russian
    are must because of the population and use of mobiles

Cheers[/size]

rostel06-15-2009 11:07 PM

Let's not forget spanish (Hispanics in US, central and south america and Spain > big numbers)

nadya06-15-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 162)
    What are the upcoming language support?Cheers

[size]
    The .tel control panel is being translated into 10 languages; see the telnic.org website (top right corner) for the list.[/size]

flanker06-18-2009 02:30 PM

I posted this on Telsters, too, but I'll cross-post here to increase the likelihood that you'll see it. I think we need to enable underscores in "folder"/subdomain names. My main reason for wanting it is to enable storing GPG public keys in my .tel (makes sense, since .tel allows e-mail). For this I need to create a "_pka" subdomain. I don't really know why the underscore is disallowed, but I'm hoping the next update will remove this restriction.

sebastian06-18-2009 04:07 PM

Is it possible to improve the email functionallity by creating a field for a SPF-Record? I think of SPF-Resource-Records because TXT-Records are used for the text-header.
    MX + SPF entries for subdomains (folders) would be nice, too.

Another thing is dkim. To use it we need a folder named _domainkey. ADSP needs _adsp.
    So it would be useful to allow the "_" as first character in subdomains (folders). Then we could just use the text-header to put the information in.

Triton NW06-18-2009 04:20 PM

Page Header

Hello
    I know this was discussed over at Telsters but I could not find the answer. I have several multi word .tel names and am hoping that the plan is still in place to let us seperate them in the header.

I have started a blog to get traffit to a few of my .tel sites. I had a friend e-mail me and say the he loved the blog and the link to the .tel but there was a typo :rolleyes: on my header and there was no space between the words. I know why its like that but was wondering if a change is in the works or even possible.

Thank you 

Joe

nadya06-18-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 209)
    I have several multi word .tel names and am hoping that the plan is still in place to let us seperate them in the header.

[size]
    Hi, Yes, we are working on a change that will allow you to optionally replace the domain name with a custom heading. This requires some coding of both the backend and the front-end, but it's definitely on our roadmap.[/size]

huw06-18-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flanker (Post 207)
    I posted this on Telsters, too, but I'll cross-post here to increase the likelihood that you'll see it. I think we need to enable underscores in "folder"/subdomain names. My main reason for wanting it is to enable storing GPG public keys in my .tel (makes sense, since .tel allows e-mail). For this I need to create a "_pka" subdomain. I don't really know why the underscore is disallowed, but I'm hoping the next update will remove this restriction.

[size]
    Depends on how you are updating your domain. If you are doing it via the SOAP API you can already create sub-domains beginning with an underscore. (Basically you need to use storeRecord and set the owner element to the folder name (e.g. _pka) rather than the standard @. I've just done this to create a "_pka" sub-domain under testing.huw.tel i.e.

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    _pka.testing.huw.tel. 60 IN TXT "my dummy entry value"

In terms of allowing this on the front end we explicitly disallow based on the fact we use a subset of "_" prefixed subdomains for meta details. As stands there aren't plans to reduce this restriction on the front end.

If the SOAP approach is of use to you and you need more info let me know and I can assist further.[/size]

huw06-18-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian (Post 208)
    Is it possible to improve the email functionallity by creating a field for a SPF-Record? I think of SPF-Resource-Records because TXT-Records are used for the text-header.
    MX + SPF entries for subdomains (folders) would be nice, too.

Another thing is dkim. To use it we need a folder named _domainkey. ADSP needs _adsp.
    So it would be useful to allow the "_" as first character in subdomains (folders). Then we could just use the text-header to put the information in.

[size]
    In regards to the "_" sub-domain see my last post in response to flanker's question.

In regards to SPF TXT records we are aware of the clash between text headers and SPFs and have initial plans in place to resolve this conflict such the SPFs can be created without displaying. What we don't have at present are plans to provide a front end mechanism to create SPF entries (rather this would be done via soap as an advanced operation). We will however give some thought to including this as an add-on to the email setup section.

Finally in regards to MX/SPF for sub-domains. The MX portion is already availably via SOAP. It is not something that we envisage adding to the front end at this time.[/size]

sebastian06-18-2009 05:40 PM

Thank you for the answer. Am I right that everybody owning a .tel-Domain can use that soap? I found the URLhttps://telhosting.domrobot.com/client for my provider.... I have to read & learn a bit about it, it sounds great

huw06-18-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian (Post 213)
    Thank you for the answer. Am I right that everybody owning a .tel-Domain can use that soap? I found the URLhttps://telhosting.domrobot.com/client for my provider.... I have to read & learn a bit about it, it sounds great

[size]
    Absolutely :). If you are new to it the documentation available at http://dev.telnic.org/api/client-soap/index.html should be a big help.

Also http://www.soapui.org/ is a good (and free) tool for submitting SOAP requests.

If you get stuck you just have to ask.[/size]

flanker06-18-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huw (Post 211)
    Depends on how you are updating your domain. If you are doing it via the SOAP API you can already create sub-domains beginning with an underscore. (Basically you need to use storeRecord and set the owner element to the folder name (e.g. _pka) rather than the standard @.

[size]
    Phenomenal. Kind of a workaround, but it gets the job done. Thanks for the tip![/size]

can06-29-2009 02:31 AM

I want to find the poll function. Can any good idea about this topic?
    I do think we can poll sth on mobile is very excited.

nadya06-29-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by can (Post 323)
    I want to find the poll function. Can any good idea about this topic?
    I do think we can poll sth on mobile is very excited.

[size]
    When you create a new thread, click 'New Thread'. Enter a title and introduction, and then scroll down. In Additional Options you should see 'Post a Poll' - select this option and specify how many options (choices) you wish to have in your poll. Then click 'Submit Thread' and you're taken to your 'Post a Poll' dialogue. 

Let me know if it all works.[/size]

Triton NW06-29-2009 04:18 PM

Promotions

Hello Nadya,
    I was wondering if you or someone else could give us any insights to what Telnic may be doing to advertise the new domain in the future. I don't really even know if that is something we shourld expect or not. I am new to this so I have no real understanding of how it works. Do the creators of a TLD build an ad campaign to build interest in their new offering or does it just happen as sites get built?
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel future            Empty Re: .tel future

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:43 am

Justin Hayward06-29-2009 05:20 PM

Hi Triton,

I'm not sure what the norm is but we've been doing a number of things and will continue to have a focused marketing communications strategy. 

There is an ongoing marketing programme running which spans a number of different areas including advertising, PR and, through our registrar channel, email campaigns. This is focused on a number of key regions and differing publications, both online and offline. 

With advertising specifically, we are looking at opportunities very carefully. It is very important to make sure that we grow consumer awareness of the .tel domain in a sustainable manner that is to the benefit of the whole of the .tel community. We did run global advertising at the end of last year with the likes of the New York Times and its global editions and inserts into local national newspapers. We have not ruled this out in future.

Our partners are also investing in advertising. For example, iWelt in Germany is running the .tel video in Cineplex Cinemas this month. We have also run advertising in a publication going out to 1.2 million small businesses in the UK and are advertising to students, gap year travellers, freshers (first year students) and festival goers in a series of guides going out at various times throughout the year. 

We are still evaluating advertising opportunities in the US as well as further sponsorship platforms. We will only commit to advertising that makes sense and brings about positive impact for .tel and the community. We anticipate that you'll see more activity in this area in the coming months. Again, it's important to have a good number of .tel domains populated before we launch a big consumer push bringing .tel domains to the consumer's attention. It is really very early days.

With regard to advertising specific .tels, it is not possible for us to support everyone, and so we do encourage you to send us the ones you'd like to promote and we'll continue to look at new ways of gaining interest for these especially through our community site.

This is of course ongoing and there will be changes and new activity moving forward. We'll try to keep the community up-to-date when we can to keep an eye out for activity.

Regards,

Justin

Triton NW06-29-2009 06:36 PM

Thank you

Justin
    Thank you for the very informative message. I think that will excite a lot of the people on this board. I appreciate the quick reply.

Have a great day

can06-29-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 328)
    When you create a new thread, click 'New Thread'. Enter a title and introduction, and then scroll down. In Additional Options you should see 'Post a Poll' - select this option and specify how many options (choices) you wish to have in your poll. Then click 'Submit Thread' and you're taken to your 'Post a Poll' dialogue. 

Let me know if it all works.

[size]
    I mean the poll function that can be applied to .tel domain.
    Commercial application or public investigation.[/size]

Shahid07-01-2009 04:10 PM

Hello Justin, 

Thanks for such a good post, i firmly believe in .tel Ability and the reach for it in future
    but your right we need to have more then 30-50% atleast of .tel domains registered be
    more populated and well organized since many seem to be on sale rather then them 
    working on it.

lets say like grammar.tel which i bought from a reseller a few weeks ago i intend to sell
    it too or maybe list companies who are helping people to learn all kinds of grammars or
    even list shops who sell grammar related books but since i havent populated it well atleast
    i aligned it well i hope

www.grammar.tel 

when you go there you can see respected languages 

lets say French

Learn.French.Grammar.tel ( 3 words Learn French Grammar ) 

has more tendency to come up on google very soon and if you check it has around 113m searches 
    and sponsor ads more ways to give your domains pr and also give an idea to the person who intends
    to buy it he/she knows how to use this .tel :) 

thanks

Shahid

Mat07-02-2009 10:48 AM

DNS records

Hi.

Are there any possibilities to create options in control panel, that will give us a chance to add some new DNS records? I am not thinking about A, but CNAME or SRV could be very helpful sometimes (Jabber with Google Apps for example).

I am sure, that this is not simple, but if there are MX records now, I can see, that it is possible... If I own the .tel domain, I would like to administer it...

Second thing is a problem with Google Webmaster Tools. They say, that they not support auth of .tel domain right now. Is someting changing in this case?

And what about 1000 subdomains?

Regards.

nadya07-02-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat (Post 365)
    Hi.

Are there any possibilities to create options in control panel, that will give us a chance to add some new DNS records? I am not thinking about A, but CNAME or SRV could be very helpful sometimes (Jabber with Google Apps for example).

[size]
    You can store SRV records even today using SOAP. I am unaware of plans to add this to the control panel at this point, but if you know about SRVs and need them, you'll probably be able to execute a simple storeRecord() call. The detailed API documentation and sample code in various programming languages are on our developer website, http://dev.telnic.org

Quote:
    [/size]

Second thing is a problem with Google Webmaster Tools. They say, that they not support auth of .tel domain right now. Is someting changing in this case?

[size]
    Can you please give a link to the Google resource explicitly stating they don't support .tel domains? Sure, some things don't apply to .tel domains because they are essentially not websites. However, you can still setup a .tel email address with Google, and their crawlers index .tel domains quite successfully. 

Quote:
    [/size]

And what about 1000 subdomains?

[size]
    Could you please refine your question?[/size]

Mat07-02-2009 11:08 AM

Hi.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...f44c092b&hl=en 

"In this case, I would recommend contacting telnic.org to suggest adding features like this." and "We currently do not support verification with the .tel domain. Apologies for the inconvenience."

Is there a limit in subdomains (1000) for .tel domain, or am I wrong?

François07-24-2009 01:40 PM

Hi Mat!

Limit has been raised to 3,000 subdomains for .tel domains in TelHosting

Best,

telepass09-16-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat (Post 368)
    Hi.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...f44c092b&hl=en 

"In this case, I would recommend contacting telnic.org to suggest adding features like this." and "We currently do not support verification with the .tel domain. Apologies for the inconvenience."

Is there a limit in subdomains (1000) for .tel domain, or am I wrong?

[size]
    This is because in order for Google to verify if someone is the real owner of a web site, it asks the owner to upload a small text file on the server. Then it checks if this file is reacheable as a verification. Yo can also insert a code in the header of an html page.

This could be solved by allowing an access to insert HTML codes / snipplets in the Telproxy system.[/size]

Greg11-30-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huw (Post 215)
    Absolutely :). If you are new to it the documentation available at http://dev.telnic.org/api/client-soap/index.html should be a big help.

Also http://www.soapui.org/ is a good (and free) tool for submitting SOAP requests.

If you get stuck you just have to ask.

[size]
    Sorry, maybe it's my client or maybe it's me. Can you confirm the URL of the client WSDL? Thanks.[/size]

nadya11-30-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg (Post 2923)
    Sorry, maybe it's my client or maybe it's me. Can you confirm the URL of the client WSDL? Thanks.

[size]
    The WSDL depends on the TelHosting you use - i.e., on the registrar. Each domain has a link to their TelHosting, and WSDL, in a system sub-domain, so you can get your WSDL by doing a DNS lookup. See http://dev.telnic.org/pages/quick_start.html for details.[/size]

Greg12-01-2009 08:37 AM

Thanks Nadya!

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-02-2009 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 2932)
    The WSDL depends on the TelHosting you use - i.e., on the registrar. Each domain has a link to their TelHosting, and WSDL, in a system sub-domain, so you can get your WSDL by doing a DNS lookup. See http://dev.telnic.org/pages/quick_start.htmlfor details.

[size]
    Autoprovisioning PHP code to obtain WSDL : http://dev.telnic.org/trac/discussion/17/170#-1[/size]

nadya12-02-2009 11:37 AM

Just a reminder that there's a developer forum at dev.telnic.org, where we can talk on technical subjects. I don't object to posts here, just trying not to scare our less tech-savvy audience

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-02-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 2989)
    Just a reminder that there's a developer forum at dev.telnic.org, where we can talk on technical subjects. I don't object to posts here, just trying not to scare our less tech-savvy audience

[size]
    Updated the entry.[/size]

telfriend12-11-2009 04:23 AM

Lol, according to America's most famous psychic- michelle whitedove at michellewhitedove.com's blog (someone who is apparently accurate more often than not with psychic predictions), the brightest technology to come is in the communications sector (I coulda guessed that myself pretty much). If anyone wants to see where telnic fits into this forecast, then for a mere $500 an hour, you can ask her.
    P.S the economy is apparently getting worse not better next year, so she recommends also stocking up on gold and silver, which I do at my bullion dot tel domain anyway. Interesting insights she has that do seem to correspond to common sense.

tel4rent12-18-2009 10:30 PM

Hi,

Building directory is an investment and was wondering if the below can be implemented:

1- option to choose either to display the email or SEND email (hiding the email address);
    2- Same for phone number; (nothing to do with telfriend or privacy);
    3- disable the copy and paste feature on dot tel;

Be Well.

maximka12-18-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 3532)
    3- disable the copy and paste feature on dot tel;

[size]
    May I ask you, what will bring us this last feature?[/size]

tel4rent12-19-2009 10:04 AM

Basically, it is to protect the content of your directory...to avoid "competitors" to copy the content. 

Two more things:
    1- can we disable the vcard download?
    2- is it possible to know how many time a vcard was downloaded?

Be Well.

dottel.net12-19-2009 12:04 PM

copyright laws apply here to protect. don't forget if someone wanted the content its all stored in the dns for them to pull anyway (appreciate not everyone will know how to do this)
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:43 am

maximka12-19-2009 04:28 PM

tel4rent, thank you!

Yes, it would be nice to have a feature not to allow "copy-paster".

I have a question, if we are making our directories by making "copy-paster" of contacts of firms which we find in Internet in the open sources of information, like web-sites, then we also break the copyright law?

Redirects.tel12-20-2009 12:44 AM

Call or make written contact to verify all listings exist. Only then include. A blanket copy is asking for trouble in my opinion

maximka12-20-2009 10:27 AM

Redirects.tel, thank you!

tel4rent12-20-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 3540)
    copyright laws apply here to protect. don't forget if someone wanted the content its all stored in the dns for them to pull anyway (appreciate not everyone will know how to do this)

[size]
    I know that...the objective is to minimize the risk and temptation.[/size]

tel4rent12-20-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 3549)
    tel4rent, thank you!

Yes, it would be nice to have a feature not to allow "copy-paster".

I have a question, if we are making our directories by making "copy-paster" of contacts of firms which we find in Internet in the open sources of information, like web-sites, then we also break the copyright law?

[size]
    In my case, i am contacting the owners either individually to ask the permission to post their details or the owners directory...In the same manner, you getting their latest details, they get to know you, they get to know DOT TEL and what else you have to offer versus the traditional directory.

Be well.[/size]

maximka12-20-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 3572)
    ...they get to know you, they get to know DOT TEL and what else you have to offer versus the traditional directory.Be well.

[size]
    O! That did not came to my mind. Great benefits could came from such action. I will think about that.[/size]

Nicolas Chevallier01-01-2010 07:33 PM

I like .tel domains but it lacks some of important features : 
    meta management : ability to add meta information in header of the web pages : 
    keywords, description, and other, for example to add tag to use with google webmaster tools

________
    Nicolas Chevallier

nadya01-01-2010 11:18 PM

Hi Nicolas, welcome to the forum, and thank you for your input. 

As previously confirmed, we will look into better interoperability with webmaster tools this year. As for the keywords section, you have free-text keywords that get published on your domain, and that's valid content, unlike the hidden meta keywords that leading search engines do not take into account while indexing; for example, here's Google's post about the keywords meta taghttp://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...-meta-tag.html.

Nicolas Chevallier01-01-2010 11:20 PM

But meta description is used by search engines in snippet on the results page.

nadya01-01-2010 11:29 PM

For .tel domains, search engines tend to show the title and text header of your .tel page in the search results, which I think is very helpful. You usually get more meaningful coherent text in the text header that people see than in some of the description messages entered by traditional websites. The rule of thumb that has been quoted on a number of occasions is to cater to people rather than to search engine specifics. You really don't need to make a distinction between content that visitors get on your .tel and search engines bots crawl.

Shahid01-02-2010 08:37 AM

Thanks Nadya

its good to know the Webmaster tools are coming and i think the Header is more important for seo as it acts like H1 tag or header too

Triton NW01-02-2010 07:52 PM

Hello Telnic
    Needless to say, we are all anxious to see the new .tel platform. Needless to say, Telnic is holding this information very close to the vest. Since we are now into January, I was hoping for a little bit of an update. I know you have to be careful about this type of news but as we get closer to the due date, it would be very nice to narrow down the timing and some of the key feature upgrades. I have more presentations to potential customers that I need to get done. So far, I have been showing them and saying "this will all look different soon" 

I have a few key customers that I can not do that with and they are pushing me for a presentation.

ANY input would be greatly apprecuiated

maximka02-21-2010 10:19 PM

Just wanted to ask about picture/avatar which is promised for TEL in the nearest future: as I heard, that avatar will be of 78x78 pixels. Will TEL domains became not so quick because of that new feature? If yes, when how much more slowly they will became?

mactel02-22-2010 02:44 PM

IMO:
    One pic, won't make a noticeable difference.
    Probably, if you would have 1000 or more pictures, there might be a noticeable difference.

A site needs time to load.
    If you would compare loading time for that picture (78x78 pixels), with loading time of a website with a lot of graphic, photographs, and text, then I guess, that that one .tel page with a picture, would be about 1%, compared with a whole website, and 5% of one of its web pages.
    But if you populate 100 .tel subdomains, you might get close to 5 x 100% of a web page (5 website pages) of a website, respectively, 50% of a average website, if a average website has about 10 web pages.

Conlusion:
    Even if 1 or 5% would not be mesurable: You wouldn't notice any difference.
    Probably only from 1000 populated subdomains with graphic (logos or photos), you might notice a small and negligible difference.
    It is only simple mathematics. But if storing the information within the DNS, the difference might be even smaller.

dottel.net02-22-2010 02:49 PM

images will NOT be stored in the dns. 

if you read the published soap api, you'll notice you actually are storing a URL to an image that will then be included on page render. What this means is you'll need somewhere to host your image (there are plenty of free spaces available).

am expecting the new proxy design will have the width, height fixed to allow most browsers to show a placeholder while image content is being fetched and rendered

friedrich02-26-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Hi.

[size]
    Hello Mat,

recently I came across the same questions. As it took some time to figure it out I wrote a how-to guide for anyone trying to do the same : how-to-setup-google-apps-with-a-telnic-domain

Cheers,
    Friedrich[/size]

tel4rent03-25-2010 09:50 AM

Hi,

Will it be possible in the future to have different colors for different page (headers and body)?

Thanks!

Be well.

dottel.net03-25-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 7343)
    Hi,

Will it be possible in the future to have different colors for different page (headers and body)?

Thanks!

Be well.

[size]
    i also logged this request with telnic. useful for directories where folks would like to customize a particular page.[/size]

rgolds06-11-2010 06:47 PM

I wanted to request SPF support - more specifically, resolving the SPF/header clash, wherein adding SPF records adds them to the header of the main page. I'm using my .tel for my primary email address, and a few of my emails have been flagged as spam because I'm unable to designate a permitted sender (without having an ugly SPF record published in the header on my main page).

Thanks.

nadya06-11-2010 06:55 PM

Hi rgolds,

Right now, any TXT entry that doesn't match a system message structure is treated as the text header of the page, hence the SPF issue. I'll pass this to our development team to see what can be done.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:44 am

rgolds06-16-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 9385)
    Hi rgolds,

Right now, any TXT entry that doesn't match a system message structure is treated as the text header of the page, hence the SPF issue. I'll pass this to our development team to see what can be done.

[size]
    Thanks nadya. Any updates? It's really becoming a hassle to send mail from my .tel and having it occasionally being flagged as spam simply because I cannot designate my IP as a permitted sender without making my .tel page look terrible.

Best,
    -Ryan[/size]

nadya06-16-2010 06:44 PM

Hi Ryan,

I hear your pain, and would be happy to give you an optimistic prognosis, but apparently, it's a huge change to the system behaviour and structure of the data that will need to be a centralized effort and would take months to implement. There are a couple of outstanding projects that we need to finish first, including OpenID and OpenAuth, and then we can take another look at TXT records. 

Thank you for understanding,

rgolds06-16-2010 07:05 PM

From a technological standpoint, I wouldn't think that it would be very difficult to hide certain text from the headers. For example, any TXT record starting with v=spf1 should not be visible on the page. Admittedly, I have no knowledge of the backend system, but it seems like it would be relatively simple to implement basic regex parsing to determine which TXT records to print.

Although I'm not very happy about the prognosis, I understand it, and I really appreciate the quick reply.

Thanks,
    -Ryan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 9:59 pm