The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Locally-served Telpages.com

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Locally-served Telpages.com Empty Locally-served Telpages.com

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:52 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-22-2009 03:14 PM

Locally-served Telpages.com

A suggestion for the upcoming telpages.com to outshine Google. 

Detect the IP of the visitor to telpages and grab the approximate geo location of its server or at least the country. Then serve up results ordered by nearest location from the top down. This will allow for local results to come up first. Such a feature would make a telpages search more powerful than a google search and would yield more appropriate hits over standard domains.

Weigh the match using the LOCation record of each tel domain. Make local search a default option. 

For example, if someone is searching for bakeries from a cell phone in Toronto, list the matching tels from Toronto first, Canada second, then the remaining tels that matched the criteria. Chances are for generic searches, people are looking locally. 

Geo subfolders (toronto.canada.bakeries.tel) within generically-named directories could pull the same weight as locally-named domains (torontodonuts.tel).

RonMunson07-22-2009 06:29 PM

Good points Mark. Out of curiosity though I'm curious what order you would put the following .tel pages below if I did a search for "Toronto Bakeries":

toronto.canada.bakeries.tel or torontobakeries.tel or torontodonuts.tel or bakeriestoronto.tel?

Alternatively if I were to do a search for 'Bakeries Toronto' what order would you have the results show?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-22-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 663)
    Good points Mark. Out of curiosity though I'm curious what order you would put the following .tel pages below if I did a search for "Toronto Bakeries":

toronto.canada.bakeries.tel or torontobakeries.tel or torontodonuts.tel or bakeriestoronto.tel?

Alternatively if I were to do a search for 'Bakeries Toronto' what order would you have the results show?

[size]
    Would be up to the algorithm telnic uses, considering context, match %age and aliases - my guess ...
    1 bakeriestoronto.tel
    2 torontobakeries.tel
    3 toronto.canada.bakeries.tel 
    4 torontodonuts.tel[/size]

RonMunson07-23-2009 08:38 AM

Just testing you Mark. Just wanted to make sure your on the mark.

RM

maximka10-04-2009 01:47 AM

I am curious what order would we have of the results show if we will add two more entries to our example:bakeries.toronto.canada.tel and bakeries.toronto.tel

toronto.canada.bakeries.tel -- torontobakeries.tel -- torontodonuts.tel -- bakeriestoronto.tel -- bakeries.toronto.canada.tel -- bakeries.toronto.tel

1 - ?
    2 - ?
    3 - ?
    4 - ?
    5 - ?
    6 - ?

henri10-04-2009 04:27 AM

Depends what's inside those domains!

RonMunson10-05-2009 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 1740)
    I am curious what order would we have of the results show if we will add two more entries to our example:bakeries.toronto.canada.tel and bakeries.toronto.tel

toronto.canada.bakeries.tel -- torontobakeries.tel -- torontodonuts.tel -- bakeriestoronto.tel --bakeries.toronto.canada.tel -- bakeries.toronto.tel

[size]
    Is this suppose to be a trick question using semantic latent content. For 'Bakeries Toronto' the search engines will follow the following results:

1 bakeriestoronto.tel
    2 torontobakeries.tel
    3 bakeries.toronto.tel
    4 toronto.canada.bakeries.tel
    5 bakeries.toronto.canada.tel
    6 torontodonuts.tel

These results take into consideration that the other variables, as Hasseily pointed out, are equal. However as a note to Hasseily and other people trying to get their domain on top of the search engines, the domain definitely holds a lot of weight on search engines.

Over time the weight given to domain names has increased (25% of the weight) and continues to increase as it is the hardest thing to cheat when trying to move a site up a search engine.

Quality domains over time fall into the hands of people with money and people that want to build. These domains are a better gamble for search engines to provide accurate quality results that will reward people who search. :eek:[/size]

henri10-05-2009 06:46 AM

@RonMunson, I agree that I've been shocked by the importance of the domain string lately. Which is a great thing for .tel

pink10-05-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1752)

Over time the weight given to domain names has increased (25% of the weight) and continues to increase as it is the hardest thing to cheat when trying to move a site up a search engine.

[size]
    Hiya, I am aware of the domain name importance and agree to that.
    But just wondering if you can show any authority proofs about the 25% weight-age for domain name?[/size]

aliencafe10-05-2009 08:27 PM

Mark, Ron, Henri:

While I do agree this is a nice feature, it becomes tricky because quite a few of people search for things in advance of a trip or to help someone who is in that area but they are not.

So for example, I may be at home in Alaska searching for info and planning a trip to Waikiki, or a friend may be in Waikiki and call me and ask me to search something for them.

Since I'm 1000 miles away from that destination my search results would be skewed towards things near my location (Alaska in the example). I guess you could have a "use Gps" or "do not use Gps" feature.

Food for thought: How do you compensate for this in the search engine?

regards.

boracay.tel10-06-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 1766)
    Mark, Ron, Henri:
    So for example, I may be at home in Alaska searching for info and planning a trip to Waikiki

[size]
    so for best search results, use the map data (location record) of a city based .tel . surely it would be set to the actual city :D[/size]

aliencafe10-07-2009 05:01 AM

Boracay, I think you missed my point entirely. Or quite possibly I misunderstood you.

Of course Waikiki.tel would be set to the city Waikiki.

I thought the discussion was about automatic geo based location search functions, therefore directing you to the locations by using your gps location in your phone presumably and helping generate results in the telpage search favoring your location.

My point was that while geo auto search is an awesome feature which would be widely used, how do you differentiate to the Telpages when you are using the search enabling GPS or when you do not want the feature on.

Kind regards-

henri10-07-2009 01:58 PM

Personally (not speaking for Telnic here) I despise the IP geolocation business, that everyone seems to be starting to use extensively.
    When I'm traveling and I go to google.com, and see it in French, Spanish or Arabic or whatever else, I scream in frustration.

DO NOT REDIRECT ME WHEN I'M ON GOOGLE.COM, DAMMIT! THERE'S A REASON I DIDN'T GO TO GOOGLE.FR DIRECTLY!

dottel10-09-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasseily (Post 1802)
    When I'm traveling and I go to google.com, and see it in French, Spanish or Arabic or whatever else, I scream in frustration.

DO NOT REDIRECT ME WHEN I'M ON GOOGLE.COM, DAMMIT! THERE'S A REASON I DIDN'T GO TO GOOGLE.FR DIRECTLY!

[size]
    Absolutely true
    also, most of the users search something like "hotels in cityname/countryname" so if the results are relevant then that should be fine as it serves the purpose[/size]

TELnew10-09-2009 02:11 PM

The choice (whether geographically targeted or not) should be left to the end user. The site owner should not force the user what he/she (the owner) likes.

RonMunson10-09-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink (Post 1763)
    Hiya, I am aware of the domain name importance and agree to that.
    But just wondering if you can show any authority proofs about the 25% weight-age for domain name?

[size]
    This 25% is my questimate and if there is anyone in the wold to ask about search engine marketing it would be me. I run tests on hundreds of occassions with hundreds of industries.

What is more important is that this 25% is something that you can't ever get back unless you own the domains. Other stuff such as putting the keywords in your site can help but I can copy what the next joe did.

Here is an example of one I tested out recently when I took a site that was created with a real handycap for being optimized for search engines and moved it to the top of the search engines with a quality domain. Note, this site has very little content that is recognizable by Google since it has images and flash all over the first page.

However it has been in the top three results for the last few months since I changed the name of the client company to Cell Long Distance and the root domain name to www.CellLongDistance.com. For cell phones 'Cell Long Distance' is the number one search that is done.

Do a search for 'Cell Long Distance' and tell me where it ranks on your version of Google.

I have even found some domains without content (not even pointed to hosting) doing very well in competitive searches on Bing.com. This shocked me but further emphasizes the power of a good domain. I'm sure Bing.com will be preventing this shortly as anyone that clicks on the link gets a dead page.[/size]

RonMunson10-09-2009 08:55 PM

Definitely true and a very important observation.

Lawyer Calgary
    Calgary Lawyer
    Lawyer in Calgary
    Lawyers in Calgary

Search terms like this is what people type in when doing a search for a local service. The way Google acts when something like this is typed in is it looks in the domain for these words first and gives weight accordingly.

If the search is done on Google.ca it gives more weight to domains in the .ca namespace. If it is done on Google.com it gives more weight to the domains in the .com namespace. If it is done from a mobile phone you can bet that they will give more weight down the road to domains in the .tel namespace.

There are some search engines that gave more weight to .mobi for a period of time however that backfired since the results it produced where .mobi cash parking pages. I could name at least 5 complelling reasons why search enigne algorithms for cell phones will change to give weight to dot tel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 1817)
    Absolutely true
    also, most of the users search something like "hotels in cityname/countryname" so if the results are relevant then that should be fine as it serves the purpose

RonMunson10-09-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 1817)
    Absolutely true
    also, most of the users search something like "hotels in cityname/countryname" so if the results are relevant then that should be fine as it serves the purpose

[size]

Definitely true and a very important observation.

Lawyer Calgary
    Calgary Lawyer
    Lawyer in Calgary
    Lawyers in Calgary

Search terms like this is what people type in when doing a search for a local service. The way Google acts when something like this is typed in is it looks in the domain for these words first and gives weight accordingly.

If the search is done on Google.ca it gives more weight to domains in the .ca namespace. If it is done on Google.com it gives more weight to the domains in the .com namespace. If it is done from a mobile phone you can bet that they will give more weight down the road to domains in the .tel namespace.

There are some search engines that gave more weight to .mobi for a period of time however that backfired since the results it produced where .mobi cash parking pages. I could name at least 5 complelling reasons why search enigne algorithms for cell phones will change to give weight to dot tel.[/size]

dottel10-10-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1824)
    This 25% is my questimate.

[size]
    I guess you should have specified that on your first post so that people will not get confused as if it is something for real. Estimates/questimates from individuals is different from authoritative sources.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1824)
    if there is anyone in the wold to ask about search engine marketing it would be me. I run tests on hundreds of occassions with hundreds of industries.

[size]
    LOL
    you mean you know everything that no one knows? (I am sorry but that is what it sounds like, i mean your statement).[/size]

RonMunson10-11-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RonMunson 
    This 25% is my questimate. 

I guess you should have specified that on your first post so that people will not get confused as if it is something for real. Estimates/questimates from individuals is different from authoritative sources.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RonMunson 
    if there is anyone in the wold to ask about search engine marketing it would be me. I run tests on hundreds of occassions with hundreds of industries. 

LOL
    you mean you know everything that no one knows? (I am sorry but that is what it sounds like, i mean your statement). 
    -------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 1836)

LOL
    you mean you know everything that no one knows? (I am sorry but that is what it sounds like, i mean your statement).

[size]

I guess I was assuming everyone would figure that out. Algorithms are always evolving and no search engine publically gives out these figures. No one should ever assume that authoritative (Google/Microsoft/Yahoo) figures will be given out since that would allow people to cheat search engines.

I know things because I run these tests on hundreds of occassions with hundreds of industries. How many people do you know do this for a living and have done the same testing? I guess I'm jumping to conclusions again saying that I don't think there are many.

If there is someone that would dispute it, I'll will prove them wrong or eat my words. ;)[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Locally-served Telpages.com Empty Re: Locally-served Telpages.com

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:52 am

dottel10-11-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1852)
    I guess I was assuming everyone would figure that out. Algorithms are always evolving and no search engine publically gives out these figures. No one should ever assume that authoritative (Google/Microsoft/Yahoo) figures will be given out since that would allow people to cheat search engines.

[size]
    Exactly and I am very well aware of SEO/SEM and probably others who questioned your 25% statements.

Like I replied on another thread to you post, you should not assume things and just post if you can't make it clear whether it's your analysis (according to you or according to some authority statements).
    There are many people who just assume that it is something for real and is some kind of standard for definit.

Quote:
    [/size]

I know things because I run these tests on hundreds of occassions with hundreds of industries. How many people do you know do this for a living and have done the same testing?

[size]
    There are thousands (could be millions in the world) of SEO out there who are pretty intelligent and more successful than you and me. It would be foolish to assume or pretend to be the only knowledgeable in this field in the world

Quote:
    [/size]

If there is someone that would dispute it, I'll will prove them wrong or eat my words.

[size]
    I am not disputing, I am telling you the FACT that it's not just you who run test on thousands of occassions/industries. There are thousands other successful SEO/SEM/Internet Marketers.[/size]

telrific10-12-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Personally (not speaking for Telnic here) I despise the IP geolocation business, that everyone seems to be starting to use extensively.

[size]
    AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:[/size]

telrific10-12-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Is this suppose to be a trick question using semantic latent content. For 'Bakeries Toronto' the search engines will follow the following results:

1 bakeriestoronto.tel
    2 torontobakeries.tel
    3 bakeries.toronto.tel
    6 torontodonuts.tel

[size]
    Apparently is was a trick question, according to Telpages & CTO:

1 bakeries-toronto.tel
    2 toronto-bakeries.tel
    3 bakeriestoronto.tel
    4 torontobakeries.tel
    5 bakeries.toronto.tel
    6 toronto.canada.bakeries.tel
    7 bakeries.toronto.canada.tel
    8 torontodonuts.tel

:o[/size]

RonMunson10-12-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 1854)
    Exactly and I am very well aware of SEO/SEM and probably others who questioned your 25% statements.

Like I replied on another thread to you post, you should not assume things and just post if you can't make it clear whether it's your analysis (according to you or according to some authority statements).
    There are many people who just assume that it is something for real and is some kind of standard for definit.

There are thousands (could be millions in the world) of SEO out there who are pretty intelligent and more successful than you and me. It would be foolish to assume or pretend to be the only knowledgeable in this field in the world

I am not disputing, I am telling you the FACT that it's not just you who run test on thousands of occassions/industries. There are thousands other successful SEO/SEM/Internet Marketers.

[size]
    -->There are thousands (could be millions in the world) of SEO out there who are pretty intelligent and more successful than you and me

Who said I was successful and intelligent? Your jumping to conclusions.

-->Exactly and I am very well aware of SEO/SEM and probably others who questioned your 25% statements.

Since I have identified that there is no way we could get authoritive figures on stuff like this and that it changes very often lets look at guesstimate figures. I'm guessing that one of two sites built exactly the same, with the same links pointing to it, can get a 25% advantage. These guestimates are based on my testing over the years.

What is your questimate? Do you feel my figures are too high or too low? Do you know a person involved in SEO/SEM that would give a ball park figure that is out of this range?[/size]

maximka10-13-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

1 bakeriestoronto.tel
    2 torontobakeries.tel
    3 bakeries.toronto.tel
    6 torontodonuts.tel

[size]
    Thank you. I am any seo-expert and just wanted to understand what kind of names would better fit for my projects: geo.tel,product.tel, occupation.tel or workshop.tel.[/size]

dottel10-13-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1864)
    Who said I was successful and intelligent? Your jumping to conclusions.

[size]

http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php...4&postcount=16

How many people do you know do this for a living and have done the same testing? I guess I'm jumping to conclusions again saying that I don't think there are many.

http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1852#post1852

Quote:
    [/size]

Since I have identified that there is no way we could get authoritive figures on stuff like this and that it changes very often lets look at guesstimate figures. I'm guessing that one of two sites built exactly the same, with the same links pointing to it, can get a 25% advantage. These guestimates are based on my testing over the years.

[size]
    The main reason I have replied is, you should have stated that it's your questimate in your first response (http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1752&postcount=7)
    So that newbies will know that it is your opinion or according to your observation.

Also, I do not agree with a default 25% weight-age to a domain name (not necessarily).

Quote:
    [/size]

What is your questimate?

[size]
    I guess I have already stated my reply earlier, Domain name is important but It is not necessarily true (the 25% weight-age).

Lastly, I do not estimate as I know what works and what not in sem/seo.[/size]

RonMunson10-14-2009 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 1880)

http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php...4&postcount=16

How many people do you know do this for a living and have done the same testing? I guess I'm jumping to conclusions again saying that I don't think there are many.

http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1852#post1852

The main reason I have replied is, you should have stated that it's your questimate in your first response (http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1752&postcount=7)
    So that newbies will know that it is your opinion or according to your observation.

Also, I do not agree with a default 25% weight-age to a domain name (not necessarily).

I guess I have already stated my reply earlier, Domain name is important but It is not necessarily true (the 25% weight-age).

Lastly, I do not estimate as I know what works and what not in sem/seo.

[size]

---Do you? So if you know what works and what not in sem/seo you must be the intelligent person. Have you run tests on domain weight on hundreds of occassions using hundreds of industries? Let me see an example of a website you have on top of the search engines for any keyword phrase.

I want to prove my 25% theory. :cool:[/size]

dottel10-14-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1883)
    ---Do you? So if you know what works and what not in sem/seo you must be the intelligent person.

[size]
    Could be :cool:
    But unlike some I do not hype myself as the only available or ever run hundreds of test:rolleyes:
    LOL

Quote:
    [/size]

Have you run tests on domain weight on hundreds of occassions using hundreds of industries? Let me see an example of a website you have on top of the search engines for any keyword phrase.

[size]
    I am not here to give the details of me or the projects I work on.
    Why? these are no petty/personal projects and these are giant corporate sites that one would dream to work on

By the way very few members (from this forum) know some of the projects I work on.

Quote:
    [/size]

I want to prove my 25% theory. :cool:

[size]
    Why don't you prove your theory (25% exact weight-age) with your 100's and thousands of samples you tested?
    :cool:[/size]

nadya10-14-2009 05:00 PM

Folks, peace! We're here not to get personal and show who's the boss, we're here to have productive discussions about .tel technology

RonMunson10-15-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 1887)
    Could be :cool:
    But unlike some I do not hype myself as the only available or ever run hundreds of test:rolleyes:
    LOL

I am not here to give the details of me or the projects I work on.
    Why? these are no petty/personal projects and these are giant corporate sites that one would dream to work on

By the way very few members (from this forum) know some of the projects I work on.

Why don't you prove your theory (25% exact weight-age) with your 100's and thousands of samples you tested?
    :cool:

[size]

I can barely read what you are writing. Do you work on giant corporate sites? Why would I care?

This is turning into a pissing contest where you are landing on yourself. Lets change the topic to a more constructive discussions about dot tel.

My figures are my figures based on what I know. If you know better, your certainly entitled to drop your opposing knowledge. If you think it is less, tell me what you guess it to be and what things make up the other 75+ percent. Incoming links etc.[/size]

RonMunson10-15-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 1901)
    Folks, peace! We're here not to get personal and show who's the boss, we're here to have productive discussions about .tel technology

[size]
    I agree. :o[/size]

Shahid10-15-2009 09:18 AM

Glad the topic changed it was hard to find out which page or post i was reading as it sounded more like a WW3 in a WW1 Style

dottel10-15-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1904)
    I can barely read what you are writing.

[size]
    oh i see, but I am not an eye specialist

Quote:
    [/size]

Do you work on giant corporate sites? Why would I care?

[size]
    Did I ever say to worry/care?
    LOL
    You asked me for the projects, I answered it.

Quote:
    [/size]

This is turning into a pissing contest where you are landing on yourself.

[size]
    Stop trying to see yourself in others.
    and Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

Quote:
    [/size]

Lets change the topic to a more constructive discussions about dot tel.

[size]
    Oh yeah, i was not the one here to prove any theories

Quote:
    [/size]

My figures are my figures based on what I know. If you know better, your certainly entitled to drop your opposing knowledge. If you think it is less, tell me what you guess it to be and what things make up the other 75+ percent. Incoming links etc.

[size]
    LOL, you wanted to prove your theory? I was expecting to see your thousands of those tested sites (examples) which will prove your 25% exact weightage.
    Nevermind :cool:[/size]

pink10-15-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

How many people do you know do this for a living and have done the same testing?

[size]
    I optimize sites for living and experiment alot. there are too many SEOs out there
    Sounds silly to see you projecting yourself as the only seo.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 1880)
    you should have stated that it's your questimate in your first response (http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1752&postcount=7)

[size]
    I have been watching this thread and I can see where you coming from.
    Yes you are right, one should give clear citation kinda, otherwise it could mislead someone new to the subject.

I agree with you, according to my 7+ years experience there is no such fixed 25% weightage.[/size]

pink10-15-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

[size]
    yes, should leave it to end user choice[/size]

Triton NW10-15-2009 09:24 PM

Tel Pages

I have a question for the group. Are the majority of people on this board thinking that the TelPages will be the standard in .tel lookups? I have used Qwista, Jepaa and Dottelfinder and they all work great. Will TelPages have some advantage over the others? Needless to say, the name is great and very well describes the function. If Telnic gets the word out on TelPages, it seems to me that it will be the only one used. If they don't get the word out then there will be a handful of players to share the load
    Thoughts?

tony mayo10-15-2009 10:20 PM

Triton NW
    Quote:

Are the majority of people on this board thinking that the TelPages will be the standard in .tel lookups?

[size]
    That's a very good question. 
    As part of the global branding and marketing of .tel, I think Tel Pages has to be a vital component, as the easily recognised search-engine for the "global phone-book". It will make all our .tel business plans much easier if that's the case.
    Let's hope it has some magic.

Quote:
    [/size]

I have used Qwista, Jepaa and Dottelfinder and they all work great

[size]
    Of the three, you mention, I personally find Dottelfinder the best. But that's just my experience. Without doubt, it is good to have a choice and I'm sure all of the search-engines will play their part in the success of .tel.[/size]

telrific10-16-2009 03:50 AM

Do or Die for Telpages.com

Telpages will be the primary driver of .tel success or it will die.

"World's Largest Phonebook" and "Global Directory" are HUGE claims to back.

Not only that, it is a direct challenge to Yellowpages.com, etc.

If Telpages comes out and looks like Jepaa, Qwista, or Dottelfinder, Telhive, (Google)

IT WILL BE LAUGHED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH !

No offense intended to any, however, if ANYONE thinks that Telpages will be a success with the DISASTER of results that the above mentioned produces you need your head examined !

ALL are a disasterous JOKE compared to ANY Telephone Book, Directory, Etc. !

NO ONE can seriously believe that afformentioned will be used over Yellowpages.com !

Magic ? The Magic will be an "exact-match, ordered" results presentation or BUST !

Advanced to search by field, etc.

You would have better luck finding the Fountain of Youth than a Contact in those ! :eek:

dottel10-16-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 1927)
    Triton NW 

As part of the global branding and marketing of .tel, I think Tel Pages has to be a vital component, as the easily recognised search-engine for the "global phone-book". It will make all our .tel business plans much easier if that's the case.

[size]
    Yes I agree with you.
    Telpages could become the authoritative directory for .tel related domains.
    Because of Telpages I do not think other .tel related will be downgraded or ignored.
    It's like Dmoz/Yahoo directories and other private directories.
    As long as we provide good service and promote well everyone will have their market share.[/size]

telrific10-16-2009 06:34 PM

Simply put ...

A better Telephone Book is a great idea.

So is a better Dictionary or Encyclopedia, but,

If I encourage the sale of Word-Titles.dic or Plumbing-Devices.enc and encourage people to populate and maintain their definitions and entries while I tout the benefits of a better Dictionary or Encyclopedia and better access from all internet connected devices, I darn sure don't ruin it by saying, 

"On top of that, we're going to present this new Dictionary or Encyclopedia by ripping out all the pages, definitions, entries, and then throwing them at you in a pile of shambled results we feel is user friendly and relevant to your request !"

That might work for the Google scam, but not a "Directory" .... :eek:
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:53 am

RonMunson10-20-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 1926)
    I have a question for the group. Are the majority of people on this board thinking that the TelPages will be the standard in .tel lookups? I have used Qwista, Jepaa and Dottelfinder and they all work great. Will TelPages have some advantage over the others? Needless to say, the name is great and very well describes the function. If Telnic gets the word out on TelPages, it seems to me that it will be the only one used. If they don't get the word out then there will be a handful of players to share the load
    Thoughts?

[size]
    That all depends in my opinion. I think people will navigate to whichever .tel lookup has the best algorithm to produce accurate results.

I remember when I first used Google and was impressed with the results. I switched from using my old trusted search engine to a search engine I had never heard of after one search.[/size]

Triton NW10-20-2009 04:26 PM

Telpages

I was explaining Telpages to a buddy last night and he asked me a question that I did not know the answer to. His question was, "does Telnic have an advertising budget for Telpages?"

Since the good people at Telnic have been so forthcoming aboout all of their plans, I figured it would not hurt to ask. Will we be seeing the launch of an ad campaign at the time Telpages is released? By the way, a very acceptable answer is "none of your business"

Thanks guys

nadya10-21-2009 10:10 AM

We are going to first do a soft launch of TelPages Beta for our community to test and comment on. Once we have all input and have tweaked the system accordingly, we will be promoting TelPages in association with our partners.

telrific10-21-2009 11:56 AM

Great News !

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 1996)
    We are going to first do a soft launch of TelPages Beta for our community to test and comment on. Once we have all input and have tweaked the system accordingly, we will be promoting TelPages in association with our partners.

[size]
    That is a great idea. I know the Telegraph on Aug. 9 said "this quarter" launch.

Are we close to "flipping the switch" on the soft launch ?

Thanks.[/size]

telrific10-25-2009 09:49 PM

Here's a perfect example of what's needed ...

Quote:

"On top of that, we're going to present this new Dictionary or Encyclopedia by ripping out all the pages, definitions, entries, and then throwing them at you in a pile of shambled results we feel is user friendly and relevant to your request !"

That might work for the Google scam, but not a "Directory" ....

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1985)
    That all depends in my opinion. I think people will navigate to whichever .tel lookup has the best algorithm to produce accurate results.

[size]
    Ahhhhh, accurate results, see, there's the whole thing, glad you said that ...

ACCURATE RESULT - FACT 1 - THE REGISTRANT

"Accurate Result" is a telpage, where all telpages are "Registrant Determined" first and foremost by the selection and registration of a .tel domain name as promoted.

ben.tel, kash.tel, henri.tel, ronmunson.tel, asjfper-142454-nvaperfvahr.tel (If one so chooses), and so ...

If I want an "Accurate Result", I am at the mercy of the "Registrant Choice", as nothing is produced unless the Registrant says it exists to be produced.

"Registrant Choice" begins with .tel domain name registration (a), followed by "Registrant Choice" of telpage content, including all other "Titles" (b).

"Titles" always contain the "PRIMARY" information, body/fields contain secondary information.

Simply put,

"PRIMARY REGISTRATION AND TITLE INFORMATION, DETERMINED BY THE REGISTRANT, IS ALWAYS THE PREMINENT REALITY OF WHAT DEFINES AN ACCURATE RESULT".

ACCURATE RESULT - FACT 2 - THE SEARCH TOOL

Now that it has been established that the First consideration to accuracy is the Registrant's Choice, it then becomes the responsibility of the Search Tool to produce the Registrant's Choice, or Registrants' Choices, in some order.

This requires some "system" by which order is determined. Alpha, Numeric, Exact/Phrase/Broad, Titles, Fields, Body, MetaTags, Etc.

So, The Secondary Responsibility to "Accurate Results" is the "Search Tool Responsibility to FACT 1"

ACCURATE RESULT - FACT 3 - THE USER

The USER is the 3rd factor to "Accurate Results".

"Accurate Results" are NEVER determined by the User, the User simply applies him or herself in an attempt to match with what has been pre-determined by Facts 1 and 2.

ACCURATE RESULT - FACT 4 - THE SEARCH TOOL

Now that it has been established that the 3rd consideration to accuracy is the User's Choice, it then becomes the responsibility of the Search Tool to produce the User's Choice, or Users' Choices, in some order.

This (again) requires some "system" by which order is determined. Alpha, Numeric, Exact/Phrase/Broad, Titles, Fields, Body, MetaTags, Etc.

So, The 4th and Final Responsibility to "Accurate Results" is the "Search Tool Responsibility to FACT 3" as the User applied primary search term.

SUMMARY

Since we are talking about "Accurate Results" by a "Search Tool" we then recognize that given the FACTS above, any respectable "Search Tool" RESPECTS the above, and the reality that FACT 4 is already pre-determined by FACT 2.

IF the results are not satisfactory, an "advanced" form of FACT 4 should exist as an option ... So, FACT 4a and FACT 4b ...

AND FINALLY ...

After an exhausting search for a search engine worthy of simulating what Telpages.com results should be, I came acrossNamedroppers.com website.

EXAMPLE OF A SAMPLE FACT 2 RESULTS PAGE CAN BE SEEN >>HERE<<

This Engine did not work for all results because it does not include enough parameters to isolate relevant results consistently, but, it is the closest thing to "Respectable" that I've come across where FACT 2 / FACT 4a is concerned.

Major flaw was the inability to "character count" for exact over phrase match consistency.

FINALLY something that produces "Accurate Results" was discovered.

The results shown of course only produces results for the primary domains, but would then be followed by exact matches for 
    subdomains, in order, as well to complete FACT 2

.xxx.tel ( ben-smith.tel )
    .xxx.xxx.tel ( ben-smith.whatever.tel )
    .xxx.xxx.xxx.tel ( ben-smith.whatever.whatever.tel )

All Results would of course show the Label - Ben Smith, and Text Header or Contact Info, but would simply remain accurate to respecting the FACT 2/4a results using domain/subdomain as the "order".

This is CRITICAL to a "Directory" where the Domain Name registration is the "Primary" point of Telpages Global Directory effort !

Advanced Search by a User defined Field Search such as Jepaa is a perfect "FACT 4b" !

Simple Search - Registrant Determined Directory of Exact/Phrase/Broad Results
    Advanced Search - User Defined "Reverse Lookup" Style Field Search[/size]

marimax10-26-2009 02:35 PM

This is getting tooooooooooo complicated.
    .tel started out as a simple and easy to work with for every technical dummy and now it is starting to get more and more complicated.
    Why keep on adding things that most people don't need and can not figure out how to use it.
    In my opinion it is keep it simple or fail.

telrific10-26-2009 04:26 PM

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 2034)
    This is getting tooooooooooo complicated.
    .tel started out as a simple and easy to work with for every technical dummy and now it is starting to get more and more complicated.
    Why keep on adding things that most people don't need and can not figure out how to use it.
    In my opinion it is keep it simple or fail.

[size]
    I agree.

Go to Disney.tel

They currently show only a link to Disney.com showing the required "1 contact".

If I go to Jepaa, Qwista, Telhive I don't even get Disney.tel in a search for Disney
    I don't even get Ben.tel in a search for Ben
    I don't even get Car-Rental.tel in a search for Car Rental

If people choose a simple .tel registration with a simple .tel listing they are apparently not relevant in a search for themselves ???

That is as simple as it gets !

I register a name.tel
    I search a name
    I find a name.tel

Guess that toooooo complicated ... ;)[/size]

Triton NW10-26-2009 07:36 PM

Patience

I am not sure that I am cut out for this type of project. I think I may be too impatient. I log onto this site every day and look for that blockbuster piece of news that will launch .tel into the mainstream and thus make my directories the best place to go on the web. Needless to say, that is likely to be a long way down the road. I think I need to populate my directories well and then leave them for a while and quit trying to watch the water boil.

In my opinion, the next "wave" will come from the TelPages release or any significant ad campaign.

Shahid10-26-2009 08:32 PM

Not only populate but massive marketing is also needed and this does not mean just online or personal leave directories apart that's a secondary use the basic use of .tel is all the contact information on one place i think many of us have populated our personal .tels quite good so it should be marketed and shown to people i wish marketing was cheaper in Dubai i would have done it my self to promote this new idea and concept its very good and addictive but it needs to be shown to people thats all once its out no1 can stop it we need to realize sites like twitter never kept quite even now they are advertising on TV in USA and other parts i m not sure but for USA i m sure they are ranked world wide 12 why do they need an advertise ? to always be ahead something this innovative needs to be out 

Thanks i am trying my level best but i hope .tel also puts in efforts it will help us all and especially .tel imagine 1 billion people using .tel domains for their daily use .tel can also make over 7billion US$ a year just in renewal and in the next 2-10 years be as bigger as any other IT firms i would love to see it

telrific10-27-2009 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 2043)
    I am not sure that I am cut out for this type of project. I think I may be too impatient. I log onto this site every day and look for that blockbuster piece of news that will launch .tel into the mainstream and thus make my directories the best place to go on the web. Needless to say, that is likely to be a long way down the road. I think I need to populate my directories well and then leave them for a while and quit trying to watch the water boil.

In my opinion, the next "wave" will come from the TelPages release or any significant ad campaign.

[size]
    I know exactly what you're saying ... and I agree with the next wave.

Hopefully as has been stated by Telnic, it is not so far down the road !!! :o[/size]

RonMunson10-27-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 2029)
    Ahhhhh, accurate results, see, there's the whole thing, glad you said that ...

ACCURATE RESULT - FACT 1 - THE REGISTRANT

"Accurate Result" is a telpage, where all telpages are "Registrant Determined" first and foremost by the selection and registration of a .tel domain name as promoted.

ben.tel, kash.tel, henri.tel, ronmunson.tel, asjfper-142454-nvaperfvahr.tel (If one so chooses), and so ...

If I want an "Accurate Result", I am at the mercy of the "Registrant Choice", as nothing is produced unless the Registrant says it exists to be produced.

"Registrant Choice" begins with .tel domain name registration (a), followed by "Registrant Choice" of telpage content, including all other "Titles" (b).

"Titles" always contain the "PRIMARY" information, body/fields contain secondary information.

Simply put,

"PRIMARY REGISTRATION AND TITLE INFORMATION, DETERMINED BY THE REGISTRANT, IS ALWAYS THE PREMINENT REALITY OF WHAT DEFINES AN ACCURATE RESULT".

ACCURATE RESULT - FACT 2 - THE SEARCH TOOL

Now that it has been established that the First consideration to accuracy is the Registrant's Choice, it then becomes the responsibility of the Search Tool to produce the Registrant's Choice, or Registrants' Choices, in some order.

This requires some "system" by which order is determined. Alpha, Numeric, Exact/Phrase/Broad, Titles, Fields, Body, MetaTags, Etc.

So, The Secondary Responsibility to "Accurate Results" is the "Search Tool Responsibility to FACT 1"

ACCURATE RESULT - FACT 3 - THE USER

The USER is the 3rd factor to "Accurate Results".

"Accurate Results" are NEVER determined by the User, the User simply applies him or herself in an attempt to match with what has been pre-determined by Facts 1 and 2.

ACCURATE RESULT - FACT 4 - THE SEARCH TOOL

Now that it has been established that the 3rd consideration to accuracy is the User's Choice, it then becomes the responsibility of the Search Tool to produce the User's Choice, or Users' Choices, in some order.

This (again) requires some "system" by which order is determined. Alpha, Numeric, Exact/Phrase/Broad, Titles, Fields, Body, MetaTags, Etc.

So, The 4th and Final Responsibility to "Accurate Results" is the "Search Tool Responsibility to FACT 3" as the User applied primary search term.

SUMMARY

Since we are talking about "Accurate Results" by a "Search Tool" we then recognize that given the FACTS above, any respectable "Search Tool" RESPECTS the above, and the reality that FACT 4 is already pre-determined by FACT 2.

IF the results are not satisfactory, an "advanced" form of FACT 4 should exist as an option ... So, FACT 4a and FACT 4b ...

AND FINALLY ...

After an exhausting search for a search engine worthy of simulating what Telpages.com results should be, I came acrossNamedroppers.com website.

EXAMPLE OF A SAMPLE FACT 2 RESULTS PAGE CAN BE SEEN >>HERE<<

This Engine did not work for all results because it does not include enough parameters to isolate relevant results consistently, but, it is the closest thing to "Respectable" that I've come across where FACT 2 / FACT 4a is concerned.

Major flaw was the inability to "character count" for exact over phrase match consistency.

FINALLY something that produces "Accurate Results" was discovered.

[size]
    I follow and I agree with most of this post but... linking should also have a lot of weight. As much as the domain in my opinion.

If the relatives of Micheal Jackson register MJ.tel and MichealJackson.tel is owned by some dude that lives at the North Pole what do you think should be the result when people type in 'Micheal Jackson' into this future .tel search engine?

MJ.tel should be the first result because it is the most accurate result for what people are really looking for. How this will get weight will be the number of links pointing into the MJ.tel page. Most importantly it will be links that say 'Micheal Jackson'.

That being said the domain name should alway hold weight and is an asset the guy from the North Pole can use to try to compete with this top position.

What he will have to do is learn how to moon walk and hope that people from around the world link to his .tel using the words 'Micheal Jackson' also. Even if he doesn't get as many as MJ.tel, the domain could be the deciding factor to move him on top.[/size]

RonMunson10-27-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 2043)

[size]
    Concentrate on building quality domains and this will create a base for bigger things to happen. The real break through will be when a hardware device automatically integrates .tel.

Telephones, gps systems, fax machines, televisions etc. are all competitive industries. It is only a matter of time before some rookie analyst in one of these companies gives a presentation of how they think they can give their product that competitive edge.

Dot tel could make a serious difference in the usability of these products. We know that because we talk about it on this forum. Someone will figure it out and will make a lot of money integrating it. 

It is not a question of IF but rather a question of WHEN. I'm guessing sooner than most people think. :p[/size]

telrific10-27-2009 12:11 PM

Not telpages

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 2047)
    I follow and I agree with most of this post but... linking should also have a lot of weight. As much as the domain in my opinion.

[size]

And that's exactly where I disagree 1000% ... (or more)

Justin Hayward (not Moody Blues) is just as valuable as Justin Hayward (Moody Blues), regardless of popularity, links, or anything.

ALL Intellectual Property Rights serve the "First Come, First Served" Basis, and this is exactly how a DIRECTORY should work, REGARDLESS of popularity.

If I go to the USPTO and lookup Champion, I get many results, with the secondary information available to discern if I so choose.

People, Business Names, Categories, Etc. are no different.

Many people know Justin Hayward of Telnic and have never heard of Justin Hayward of Moody Blues.

If Google wants to serve a Popularity contest, so be it, that's its claim to fame. ( .tel works just fine in their Popularity Contest if that's what you're after )

For a "Telephone Book" Intellectual Property Rights Should Be The Basis - Telpages.

Yahoo.tel was actually taken on an ANTI intellectual property rights basis, and I hope because of the POPULARITY contest, Justin Hayward (not Moody Blues) doesn't get the same SHAFT.

Michael Jackson ( not Moody Living ) should NEVER be relevant over Michael Jackson ( my live, white, can't dance or sing friend that's a plumber ) if he registered that name first.

Disney.tel with only 1 link should come up in a search for Disney EVERY time, etc.

If the concern is for the popularity contest, pass the hat from your fans and make an offer, or promote "MJ.tel" to your lemmings.

There's a time and a place for a popularity contest, this DEFINITELY isn't it.

The parser should look 100% at the domain first, domain label second, subdomain third, subdomain label 4th, everyone is served.[/size]

telrific10-27-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 2048)
    The real break through will be when a hardware device automatically integrates .tel.

Telephones, gps systems, fax machines, televisions etc. are all competitive industries. It is only a matter of time before some rookie analyst in one of these companies gives a presentation of how they think they can give their product thatcompetitive edge.

Dot tel could make a serious difference in the usability of these products. We know that because we talk about it on this forum. Someone will figure it out and will make a lot of money integrating it.

[size]
    Bingo. 

I actually contacted manufacturers to see if .tel was in R&D for devices.

The answer was always "no" and "never heard of it" but, they have now :D[/size]

RonMunson10-28-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 2061)
    Bingo. 

I actually contacted manufacturers to see if .tel was in R&D for devices.

The answer was always "no" and "never heard of it" but, they have now

[size]
    The problem is that most people automatically write it off since they are accustom to new domain names having no meaning. After .com came .net... an absolute duplicate purpose.

.biz, .cc, .ws, .info, .pro, .me (I still don't understand the meaning of this domain) the list goes on and on and on and it scares people. Should they buy them or should they not.

Then the country level codes came out and people said the same thing but the meaning of a local domain was important to search engines and local advertsing. These had value and they continue to go up in value.

Dot tel is very unique and has some really cool properties. It isn't another duplicate of .com. It could open the door to a lot of possiblities if Telnic play their cards right.

The more people hear about it the more they will pay attention. Once they pay attention they will get that GUT feeling that maybe there is something to this new domain. Every dot tel fan has had that at one time.

The more research they will do the more they will see the opportunity.[/size]

RonMunson10-28-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 2052)
    And that's exactly where I disagree 1000% ... (or more)

Justin Hayward (not Moody Blues) is just as valuable as Justin Hayward (Moody Blues), regardless of popularity, links, or anything.

ALL Intellectual Property Rights serve the "First Come, First Served" Basis, and this is exactly how a DIRECTORY should work, REGARDLESS of popularity.

If I go to the USPTO and lookup Champion, I get many results, with the secondary information available to discern if I so choose.

People, Business Names, Categories, Etc. are no different.

Many people know Justin Hayward of Telnic and have never heard of Justin Hayward of Moody Blues.

If Google wants to serve a Popularity contest, so be it, that's its claim to fame. ( .tel works just fine in their Popularity Contest if that's what you're after )

For a "Telephone Book" Intellectual Property Rights Should Be The Basis - Telpages.

Yahoo.tel was actually taken on an ANTI intellectual property rights basis, and I hope because of the POPULARITY contest, Justin Hayward (not Moody Blues) doesn't get the same SHAFT.

Michael Jackson ( not Moody Living ) should NEVER be relevant over Michael Jackson ( my live, white, can't dance or sing friend that's a plumber ) if he registered that name first.

Disney.tel with only 1 link should come up in a search for Disney EVERY time, etc.

If the concern is for the popularity contest, pass the hat from your fans and make an offer, or promote "MJ.tel" to your lemmings.

There's a time and a place for a popularity contest, this DEFINITELY isn't it.

The parser should look 100% at the domain first, domain label second, subdomain third, subdomain label 4th, everyone is served.

[size]
    Well the person that buys the domain first is most likely and will have the most time to develop it. If it changes hands it will probably end up in the hands of someone with money which will increase the chances of it being developed properly.

However search engines ususally focus on producing the best results that people are looking for. In some ways it is a popularity contest. No one cares about Micheal Jackson from the North Pole. That is mostly why Google took over the search market because they gave a lot of attention to links, especially links from larger sites and the words they used with each link.

If a person types in Justin Hayward odds are they are looking for the Moody Blues singer at this point. In the near future as more and more people link to Justin Hayward from Telnic and he catches up, that may change. Justin does have the domain which gives him a permanent advantage over the Moody Blues singer.

In many instances in the past, many singers have taken away domain names from people to ensure the balance is on their end (Sting.com, Madonna.com)

I think the links should actually hold more weight than the domain, but I don't under estimate the power of the domain. Saying that the dot tel search enigne should be first come first serve according to the domain will never happen. A search engine that takes advantage of the incoming links will produce the results people want.[/size]

telrific10-28-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 2090)
    However search engines ususally focus on producing the best results that people are looking for. In some ways it is a popularity contest. No one cares about Micheal Jackson from the North Pole. That is mostly why Google took over the search market because they gave a lot of attention to links, especially links from larger sites and the words they used with each link.

[size]

And there's the whole point.

Google is Google, a potluck surprise algorithm and popularity contest - Good for them.

Telpages is not Google, and it would be a disaster if it tries to be.

Telpages is supposed to be like YellowPages - A COMPLETELY different ball game, and one that DOESN'T ignore people because they're not popular, just like YellowPages.

You'll NEVER find a mass directory where POPULARITY AND LINKS matter.

If this is supposed to be something for the masses, people or business, and you go playing Google games with it, YOU'RE DOOMED FROM THE START !

Just go to Google and sell .tel Domain Names to the 1st page of Organic Results and leave the other 7.5 Billion people out of it !

A DISASTER if Telpages attempts a Google Style - Look at jepaa and qwista !

Joke Soup ![/size]

RonMunson10-28-2009 07:14 PM

Is tel pages suppose to be a directory. If so maybe you have a point. First come first serve.

I am interested in seeing as another product a search engine for .tel that uses an algorithm to produce the best results. I've used the other products to date and feel they are good but still need a little algo updating to sharpen accurate results.

My question is who would use a directory over a search engine? When search engine technology came around the yellow pages lost a lot of value. Would we call the yellow pages a directory?

RonMunson10-28-2009 07:15 PM

By the way my favorite soup is broccoli and that is no Joke.

aliencafe10-28-2009 10:21 PM

directory hybrid

My personal thought and opinion is that a hybrid directory/search would be great. 

After all it is named tel"pages" which has a directory feel to it. 

I think a hybrid mix of directory listings on one page and search on the other, would be a great idea.

What do you guys think?
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:53 am

Triton NW10-28-2009 11:16 PM

Telpages

After seeing the great improvements that were released yesterday, I am even more convinced that Telpages will be awesome. As we banter back and forth about how is should work, our friends at Telnic are quietly sitting on the sidelines and keeping their comments to themselves. So far the msot we know is that it is "coming soon". Based entirely on the changes that they have made to date, I am convinced that it will be ultra cool and work like a charm. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Shahid10-29-2009 10:00 AM

all i can say the main page of Telpages.com looks good :) 

and i hope it helps everyone, as a lot of have invested into the future for our selves and .tel so either way if anything fails WE FAIL.

lets be optimistic about everything that involves .tel right now and hope things turn out well for everyone.

telrific10-29-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 2125)
    all i can say the main page of Telpages.com looks good :) 

and i hope it helps everyone, as a lot of have invested into the future for our selves and .tel so either way if anything fails WE FAIL.

lets be optimistic about everything that involves .tel right now and hope things turn out well for everyone.

[size]
    Absolutely !

It is meant to serve the masses of individuals and businesses, and I'm sure it will !

If it serves only the "popular" like Google though ... be VERY scared ! :([/size]

telrific11-06-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 2114)
    My personal thought and opinion is that a hybrid directory/search would be great. 

After all it is named tel"pages" which has a directory feel to it. 

I think a hybrid mix of directory listings on one page and search on the other, would be a great idea.

What do you guys think?

[size]
    I think it should have different options as well.

I suggested that it offer three radio buttons underneath the search bar for user selection:

O Domain Listings O Algorithm O Advanced Search

(where the advanced search allows user to do a field search)[/size]

telrific11-06-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 2112)
    By the way my favorite soup is broccoli and that is no Joke.

[size]

Not toooo many soups I don't like, myself

Broccoli is a FINE choice IMHO ![/size]

Shahid11-06-2009 09:42 PM

i like Broccoli Cream soup too before eating a nice tbone stake

RonMunson11-10-2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 2366)
    i like Broccoli Cream soup too before eating a nice tbone stake

[size]
    Not only is a tasty for you but made correctly, it fight off bad diseases such as cancer! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvc8Au4YO60[/size]

Shahid11-10-2009 08:28 AM

Wow i am saved, there is a saying if you eat strawberries they help in cancer too not sure if that is correct but i do eat it

nadya11-11-2009 11:20 AM

Folks, broccoli and strawberries? On an official .tel forum? Please, off-top = off-line

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:44 am