The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

How TEL Friends Can Be More User-Friendly: Integrate with Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, MSN, etc.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

How TEL Friends Can Be More User-Friendly: Integrate with Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, MSN, etc. Empty How TEL Friends Can Be More User-Friendly: Integrate with Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, MSN, etc.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:04 am

prokoshev02-09-2010 03:08 PM

How TEL Friends Can Be More User-Friendly: Integrate with Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, MSN, etc.

Hello! 

I don't know, maybe this is already being discussed. 

The TEL Friends in its current form is not feasible. Let me explain by a simple example. I provide someone my .tel address, they see my page, and the suggestion there that 'private data may be available'. Even if they click on that link (which they DON'T!), they see the suggestion to create an account ("Oh! No!!! Do you seriously want me to create yet another login and to memorize it???"). 

So, I foresee only one way for the TEL Friends to start working: 

Integrate with Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, Skype, MSN, etc., etc., etc. 

It should work like this: if they open a .tel page (any page), they should by all means get logged into the social networks they participate in. And if they are on my friend's lists there, they'll get automatic access to the private data. 

Kind regards,

mactel02-09-2010 04:43 PM

Hello prokoshev
    Thanks, for your interesting post, with your suggestions, etc.

I am just getting familiar with TelFriends, and so, I like to share my thoughts, as well.

Quote "siteground":
    "When you make a part of your contact information private, it is encrypted. You and the friends who have the authorization to view the private information will need a corresponding key to decode it. The key is generated when you accept a request to show your private information to an identified individual. For this functionality to work both you and the person requesting the information should be identified by the global TelFriends system with a unique username and a password. The subscription to the TelFriends system is free and the ownership of a .tel domain is not required. In this way the visitors of your .tel will be able to log in and request a friendship, which will allow them to see your private contact information.

A visitor can send a friend request from the .tel page:
    http://www.siteground.com/knox/tutor...domains/25.jpg
    Once the request is received, you can see it in the management panel:
    http://www.siteground.com/knox/tutor...domains/26.jpg
    Click on the Accept friend invitation icon to allow the user an access to your private details associated with the corresponding group.

The list of friends' requests is limited to 20 records. You can either accept or decline them. The requests will be removed from the list. You should click on the Check New button to see whether there are new requests waiting for your attention. A notification is sent only if you accept a friend request.

Your new friend can log in your .tel and check the corresponding private information.
    http://www.siteground.com/knox/tutor...domains/28.jpg
    "
    End of quote.

One "con", I can see, is that there is no possibility to use folders (subdomains) within TelFriends.

Otherwhise, I must play a bit around, with TelFriends, first, before I am able to really comment more.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:05 pm