The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Facebook to buy Skype?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Facebook to buy Skype? Empty Facebook to buy Skype?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:50 pm

Jens05-05-2011 10:16 AM

Facebook to buy Skype?

Obsolescent

mikeseaton05-06-2011 06:12 PM

Makes sense - Facebook then integrate "Click To Call" via Skype for their 500 million users - no wonder Google is interested in Skype as well.

Mike Seaton

telrific05-06-2011 06:44 PM

Apple has "Facetime" going for it and I think that Facebook and Google just want to keep up ! Still just one facet of communications though, and one address consolidation.

.TEL is in trouble only when there is just one address for all communication links regardless of type, and in the DNS. Not really an issue ultimately !

tindaya05-06-2011 08:31 PM

I think is not a problem facebook, we must understand that in 10 years will be IPv6, LTE, M2M and nobody will pay to speak, only will pay by the tube. So the problem is not the price, because the price will be cero euros in companies. The success will be in to have your own control, and with the facebook is imposible. Facebook is like I big bulletin board, nothing more, but now the people use it because they don´t have nothing better.

mikeseaton05-06-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 14553)
    Perhaps in the future your contacts will finally ask "What is your .tel?" instead of "What is your Skype name?"

[size]
    That future is not that far away - Phase 2 will I believe change the way the world communicates - it just needs Telnic to feel the time is right (with enough .tels registered) to persuade the Telcos etc. that it is in their commercial interests to offer Automatic DNS Lookups.

Mike Seaton[/size]

tindaya05-06-2011 10:25 PM

I don´t understand why the impontace of the "automatic DNS lookups of Phase 2????.
    The Telcos only are thinking how to earn money selling special services that the people can pay. They only think in money, and how can earn money one telco with that the domain .tel, they have the ENUM and there traslate the numbers to sip, only that.

tindaya05-07-2011 08:00 AM

That is the comunicator of the telcos, now the problem is the QoS and must be the ICANN who say that common point must the dottel.

OK, I understand, the domain.tel must do like a telephone switchboard.
    The telcos, will do that with the NGIN (new generation inteligent network), there you can put several numbers, and you can select the first, the second, the voice mail... And also you can see the state of the conversation with the comunicator.
    So, the problem for me, is that the telcos sell the comunicator (of cisco, alcatel, ericsson) and you must pay money if you want to use it. 
    Now the telcos are thinking one by one, so only think in his company, and the dottel will be to joint all the telcos, in one point, in the DNS, I will be like that, but must be the ICANN who say to the telcos, the common point of the future comunication is the DNS, and must use the dottel because is the dottel created for that.

So I understand that Telnic can built with dottel a "comunicator low cost"

The other problem is the QoS, the telcos will get money with the QoS, because in the future the mobile will be saturate with the video download, so if you want to speak by the mobile, you will need buy the QoS (Quality of Service to multimedia, first go the voice, and later the video of google).
    For that the real problem why the voice google doesn´t work is the QoS, and the Telcos want that if google want to use the network with quality, google must to pay a cannon.

The solution, I think is not so easy, for that, by now, I prefer the Telview.co of Mark, or the concept of Justin, to be a "digital curator".

nadya05-09-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 14563)
    Nadya and Aled, Because I consider this an important topic, may I ask for your feedback if my suggestion above is an imaginable solution in your eyes?
    Thank you very much! PS: I promise to stay quiet after! ;-)

[size]
    I can confirm that we are working with telcos and their suppliers to identify products and services that would make .tel more attractive to the telecoms market, be it private number dialling, intelligent call routing, location-based services, etc. It takes time and effort to identify a winning combination, get buy-in and implementation right, but we take business development seriously. Hopefully, you got that from Henri's post about Phase two.[/size]

davidk07-22-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 14497)
    Facebook is expanding even more:
    http://mashable.com/2011/05/04/facebook-buy-skype/

One of the biggest competitors of Telnic is poaching in our business area!

[size]
    From the article:

"One of the sources said Facebook is considering a buyout of Skype.

The other source told Reuters the deal won’t be a purchase by Facebook but rather a joint venture between Facebook and Skype."
    Play Poker | free poker[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 11:11 pm