The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Skype introduces group messaging

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Skype introduces group messaging Empty Skype introduces group messaging

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:57 pm

TELcp03-02-2012 03:27 AM

Skype introduces group messaging

Skype's GroupMe lets users effortlessly group text with selected groups. They say it's a real-life network, in the users' pocket. It's totally free and works on every phone.

What I suggested in my previous threads as "twitter like" private messaging system using TelFriends is much flexible than theirs.

Others probably come to this forum and pick our brains :):)
    You never know.

mikeseaton03-02-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 20619)
    What I suggested in my previous threads as "twitter like" private messaging system using TelFriends is much flexible than theirs.

[size]
    IMO TelFriends should be dropped by Telnic.

It's never going to compete seriously with the likes of Facebook, Google+ etc.

I would like to see an incredibly simple way for non-tel owners to be able to access Private .tel data - just have a password given by .tel owners to anyone they want to view their Private data.

It is simple, secure (the password can be changed via the CTH in a few seconds), and gets away from the idea that you have to register a .tel to see another .tel user's Private data.

I don't claim credit for this simple approach - the idea was published in this forum several weeks ago and the general response then could be summarised as "What a good idea - simple and effective".

Mike Seaton[/size]

TELcp03-02-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 20620)
    IMO TelFriends should be dropped by Telnic.

[size]
    Whether TelFriends is continued or discontinued or integrated into another system is not the question. The system what TelFriends delivers is unique for the .tel domain. But unfortunately, it is not delivering properly to end users, the way they like to receive it. We have carried out few case studies on this over the past year. Our findings have been submitted to Telnic for perusal.

Therefore the this system (known as "TelFriends" at present) has to exist for the .tel to provide a unique Private Data System in a very secure environment.

More feedback on this from other forum members are also appreciated.
    More suggestions will be good for all of us.

Cheers![/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-02-2012 06:58 AM

@Telcp you know more about TF's use so please explain your vision. I only use it to get Tel Stats.
    Mark

tel4rent03-02-2012 10:22 AM

I tried skype GroupMe apps. 

- The apps is not very fast on the network specially when loading all your contact;
    - The apps allow you to call directly pp on your list but not too sure if it is cheaper than regular network charges. Well i would hope so...

I still prefer WhatsUp apps...it is very useful for those who are not on BB messenger....

tindaya03-02-2012 11:16 AM

the telfriend, in private data doesnt work the search, so is not useful to do a big private data, because normaly you need search.

TELcp03-02-2012 03:26 PM

Our Vision

One of the unique features of .tel Domain is its design, in tandem with TF, that provides a "Private View" data channel to a selected group(s)in a secured environment.
    We all know about this. And also aware the difficult process to get a "Private View" data across to an end user (who may not be a tel domain owner).

The present process requires the Viewer (end user) to be a member of TelFriends, and approved by a tel Owner, in order to read "Private View" data.

Our simple vision for TF in brief as follows:

1)
    Based on case studies involving TELcp users, we want to skip the Viewer's (end user's) registration at TelFriends, and replace it by .tel Owner himself/herself creating a "Slave/Dummy" account(s) under the main TelFriends account of .tel Owner. These "slave/dummy" account(s) will have no powers to change its own credentials or parent credentials. Therefore, this "Slave/Dummy" account(s) will allow an individual or a selected group(s) only to read "Private View" data.

This way when a .tel Owner has posted a certain record (say a "Note") for "Private View", all he/she has to do is to inform the selected audience by giving the respective "Slave/Dummy" credentials.

A .tel Owner may create more than one "Slave/Dummy" account depending on the number of records and selected target group(s) and delete/change accordingly. Thus, selecting the target group(s) for a particular record (a "Note" to announce something in this case) whenever a new "Private View" data is posted.

This method could be used by
    a) A Trader to announce different discounts for products to selected group(s) by posting a "Note".
    b) Anyone to pass a message to a selected group
    c) Protect private phone numbers and email addresses
    d) Stockbrokers to announce updates etc

2)
    In order to support many .tel Owners who use third party tools, suggest additional OPERATIONs be introduced to the current TelHosting Client SOAP API for 

a) reading TelFriend requests
    b) approving TelFriend requests and creating friends in single operation
    c) add friends to group AND
    d) delete friends from group.

The combination of above items 1 & 2 will no doubt make the .tel a very powerful "single point of contact" for communication.

Cheers!

TELcp03-02-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 20624)
    I tried skype GroupMe apps. 
    - The apps is not very fast on the network specially when loading all your contact;
    - The apps allow you to call directly pp on your list but not too sure if it is cheaper than regular network charges. Well i would hope so...
    I still prefer WhatsUp apps...it is very useful for those who are not on BB messenger....

[size]
    Thanks for the input.
    My intention was not to highlight the services of Skype, but to point out to rest of the members what we miss out in our own .tel's.

:)[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 6:17 am