The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Time Automated Profiles:

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Time Automated Profiles: Empty Time Automated Profiles:

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:24 am

Bunjie06-08-2010 08:51 PM

Time Automated Profiles:

I believe Telnic told us we can switch profiles for when we're available at work or when we're unavailable at home. 

Can we get a box to set our work/home times to the profiles we set up for each type, so we can have it automatically switch based on our local time zones.

eg, it's 6pm GMT Friday and It knows I finish work so it will auto switch for me so I don't need to log in more than 14 times a week just to switch.

I don't have super book my phone is broken atm so it would make things simpler.

nadya06-09-2010 10:19 AM

Hi Bunjie,

For embedded .tel information, for example, .tel contact-us page in a website, this is already possible today with a bit of PHP. Telnic's Contact page changes at 6pm GMT, I believe, to hide phone numbers.

A similar service could be implemented by a third party, especially once OpenID/OpenAuth are implemented so that integration is seamles.

Having this in the control panel will add more complexity to profiles that many users find quite difficult to grasp as they are, today. Can you imagine a whole scheduling solution for all your profiles in addition to global and current profile settings, subfolders, privacy settings, and other functions? Plus, some people won't want to use time-based profiles, you'd need to also have a manual system supported, for example, to set your Vacation profile - so you'll need both time-aware and time-agnostic profiles working smoothly. And each time your time-based profile changes, all your subfolders will need to be repopulated with a different data set, even if 95% of your info is the same across all profiles. 

I am not stating whether it can be done or will be done, I'm just showing some perspective here on the issues we'll run into if we do this.

dotteler06-09-2010 02:43 PM

Excellent idea. The ability to tweet and change the .tel dynamically will increase the value of dot tel immensely.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 1:26 pm