The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Multiple Language profiles? by Mirroring the DNS.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Multiple Language profiles? by Mirroring the DNS. Empty Multiple Language profiles? by Mirroring the DNS.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:25 am

Bunjie06-11-2010 06:25 PM

Multiple Language profiles? by Mirroring the DNS.

I know Telnic does a sort of load balancing act with multiple DNS servers, 

Quote:

Name Server: A0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
    Name Server: D0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
    Name Server: N0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
    Name Server: S0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
    Name Server: T0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL

[size]
    So my question is, theoretically could one of these "mirror" DNS servers return results from my .tel in another language?

So when a person goes to furry.tel it automatically correlates their IP to a country and likely language and shows a translated version from that specific DNS server that we have placed in a secondary active language "profile".

And the at the top have a drop down link to switch DNS, if it's the wrong language.

If you take Google as an example, when I go to goggle.com it forwards me to google.co.uk either because I'm logged in and it knows I am in the United Kingdom.

And if you look at .tel it pulls data from a random mirror DNS?[/size]

nadya06-11-2010 06:42 PM

Hi Bunjie,

Your .tel page is shown in 14 different languages depending on the browser settings of the user, not by IP address. The user is unlikely to have software in a language they don't understand / prefer to use. This also gets around issues of incorrect IP address mapping or travel, when you happen to be in France or Denmark but still want your .tel experience in English.

Blunderer06-11-2010 10:19 PM

Hi Nadya,

Are you saying that if my site is constructed by me in English but viewed by someone who's browser is set to a different language it will automatically translate and display the site in that language?

nadya06-11-2010 11:35 PM

Blunderer, the system translates standard text, not the content you input. But things like "Work phone", "Business Address" and "View on a map" are indeed translated automatically into Arabic, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Japanese and Korean. This way, your .tel can be used by people around the world, and if you want to cater to a multilingual audience, you can also create language-specific folders and add keywords.

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 2:11 am