The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

Why we have 8 templates? I want only 1!

Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Why we have 8 templates? I want only 1! Empty Why we have 8 templates? I want only 1!

Post by Rambo 2012-07-23, 12:40 pm

I don’t understand the strategy of Telnic. Instead of providing 8 different templates 1 would be enough if this would provide all requirements from domain owners:

- Big pictures (only available for temple 8 )
    - No limitation for number of pictures per sub domain
    - No limitation for number of videos per sub domain
    - Flexible and long text (only available at Telmasters)
    - Text format (bold letters)
    - Background pictures (only available at TelChina and Telnames)

Instead of providing an useable template Telnic have released 8 premature alternatives.
    I look forward to the day when we get one which can be used for all purposes!
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Why we have 8 templates? I want only 1! Empty Re: Why we have 8 templates? I want only 1!

Post by kprobe 2012-07-23, 5:45 pm

Yes one is possible and in fact I do like much of template #8 as a base, but a single template would not satisfy everyone's needs. However, a single set of stock, customizable templates would be the better method and indeed possible if Telnic were to allow for dynamic style control via use of the .tsm record. The .tsm record is used to select templates, colours, styles, for all Tel sites and now even background images for Telnames. It is read each time a site is rendered. I believe extending .tsm for style control (not layout changes) would allow for gradual changes to fonts, caption control, width control and other design features to be implemented in the existing template themes. This requires much consideration but certainly is doable given demand. Certainly would be more effective in the long run than creating dozens of templates.
    Mark
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Why we have 8 templates? I want only 1! Empty Re: Why we have 8 templates? I want only 1!

Post by mikeseaton 2012-07-28, 12:26 pm

kprobe wrote:However, a single set of stock, customizable templates would be the better method and indeed possible if Telnic were to allow for dynamic style control via use of the .tsm record.
    Yet another sensible and pragmatic suggestion from Mark - .tel's most prolific developer !

Will Telnic take any notice of Mark and develop/implement this NOW ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Rambo 2012-07-28, 1:19 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Will Telnic take any notice of Mark and develop/implement this NOW ?
    Telnic should have done this in 2009, but instead 3 years later we are still waiting for the day when the .tel product is finally marketable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 3:58 am