The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Your Ideal TelHosting Provider

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Your Ideal TelHosting Provider Empty Your Ideal TelHosting Provider

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:28 am

wibblenut04-25-2012 11:42 PM

Your Ideal TelHosting Provider

What features would you like to see offered by a TelHosting provider?

mikeseaton04-25-2012 11:53 PM

FACT: The .tel registrars have had 3 years to offer alternative TelHosting to that provided by Telnic.

FACT: None (excluding the TelChina setup) have been interested !

FACT: Aled has made it clear that TelHosting cannot be provided by non-registrars (Telnames excepted of course).

FACT: The core competence of registrars is domain registration and renewal, not software development of alternative TelHosting.

OPINION: None will be interested in competing with Telnames who have the obvious advantage in the personnel and setup of Telnames Limited.

Mike Seaton

wibblenut04-26-2012 12:16 AM

Mike, we all know the traditional registrars have failed. Now back onto the topic, what would you like to see a provider offer?

mikeseaton04-26-2012 12:23 AM

@wibblenut

Registrars are not interested, period !

You need to be a registrar (Telnames excepted) to offer TelHosting !

So unless you are in a position to create your own registrar it's kind of a pointless topic !

Far better for us to stop looking for more change and support the Telnames template - Telnic's CEO and CFO have - so should we !

Mike Seaton

aliencafe04-26-2012 01:18 AM

I think a provider with a 20-50 pack of available additional folders, a price point under $20 USD, an easy transfer process, and an easy email set up would do the trick.

All these things are easily achievable and probably coming down the pipeline in my opinion.

D

aliencafe04-26-2012 01:36 AM

Jens, they do exist, however not with the Telnames template look and feel- and also without the background image. 

Thats precisely why I said I'm sure these are already in the pipeline and easy to implement.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-26-2012 02:05 AM

OK, here's what I need extra in the current TelNames (SMB) template:

1) a single linkable image banner near top to leave a first-impression marketing message, but I need the banner to be discretionly hosted either off-site or on Telnames as needed.
    2) a maximum of 25 subdomains primarily for SEO, multiple store locations and multiple contacts/departments, eg sales, support, parts etc. A single Go To link from the root to an initial subdomain will remove subdomain clutter to subordinate pages.
    3) easy email integration
    4) Coupon/voucher 
    5) Link from logo

(No Adsense is needed as this is for a small business or personal use only.)

That's it I think. Then I can sell them in my town.

TelNames without the above I wouldn't attempt to sell because I need to provide the value-added service of making the customer discoverable through long tail keywords in subdomains without depending on an external .tel directory. I would set up and teach them how to do it on their own and be Tel superstars.

Mark

edit: added (4)(5)

boracay.tel04-26-2012 05:49 AM

Dear wibblenut,

1. email

An on/off switch saying yes or no to collecting any email sent to @your.tel
    An on/off switch and data entry field to then redirect to whatever the newbie .tel persons already established and familiar mailbox address is currently.

Such as me@johndoe.tel, or info@service.tel, or sales@product.tel
    will be receiving BUT THEN ALSO subsequently forwarded onto the newbie .tel persons already established and familiar mailbox (eg.Joe1234@myoldstupidhotmail.com)

2. Forms

Simple data collection, customiseable, and sending to a relevant .tel email address. Such as a quote form that sends toquotes@myservices.tel

3. Subdomains

At least a few sub-domains!!! A to Z at minimum is 26 so.... 50 would be a helpful number that allows for separating a small businesses core activities into categories, or alphabetically. Personal domains such as Henri.tel shows exactly how to separate already

4. Search

Without number 3 then no point worrying about number 4.
    ...but A search system that actually stays within the .tel (confined to) that it's turned on for

5. Beautiful and elegant design layouts 

Have some pre-formatted to use (just like telnames currently does for background images) when seen on the desktop pc rendered version.
    Have mobile friendly versions of each chosen corresponding (same colours and same style) layout.

Allow designers to upload their own layouts 
    (just like telnames currently does for background images)
    This is what's allowing Wordpress to skyrocket with the masses of newbies.

6. iPad and iPhone FRIENDLY.

This is a no-brainer. idevices support is crucial. Must be able to do direct uploads from your iPad camera or iphone photo album etc
    My.tel immediately needs to be revisited here, or a new app created ASAP, because this is a mobile product. Personally, I know that most of my friends and family members no longer use PC's.

dottel.net04-26-2012 09:22 AM

great thread - thanks for starting it. very timely

tel4rent04-26-2012 11:12 AM

I would like to see the Telhosting Provider offer the following:

1- Search across multiple .tel domains while staying within your own group of .tel domains;
    2- RSS feed even if it is one per domain;
    3- All the below mentioned features by fellow forum members;
    4- Date/time stamp to know when was the last time domain updated (controlled by telhosting).
    5- Coupon/Voucher option is fantastic. Wish you could add few and get them automatically displayed as per the expiry date;
    6- Possibility to access the domain offline specially for area out of internet access (so you can show the coupon etc...);
    7- Possibility to update your domain offline then sync at a later stage (like gmail offline);
    8- Bulk upload...

Voila!

Blunderer04-26-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 22817)
    I would like to see the Telhosting Provider offer the following:

1- Search across multiple .tel domains while staying within your own group of .tel domains;
    2- RSS feed even if it is one per domain;
    3- All the below mentioned features by fellow forum members;
    4- Date/time stamp to know when was the last time domain updated (controlled by telhosting).
    5- Coupon/Voucher option is fantastic. Wish you could add few and get them automatically displayed as per the expiry date;
    6- Possibility to access the domain offline specially for area out of internet access (so you can show the coupon etc...);
    7- Possibility to update your domain offline then sync at a later stage (like gmail offline);
    8- Bulk upload...

Voila!

[size]

and please don't forget the link to a .tel/URL from the logo.[/size]

Gibran04-26-2012 04:08 PM

Audio feature?

Do you think an audio feature would be useful for small businesses? In an increasing mobile world, people are accessing websites on the go and if smallbusiness.tel were able to have an audio clip play automatically (as an option), then that could be a very exciting feature.

If, in the future, that feature is then coupled with voice-activation/loading of the tel domain, I think it would really add tremendous value and appeal to tels.

tel4rent04-26-2012 05:42 PM

We also have asked for the audio feature...Keeping faith

Geo04-27-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 22793)

Far better for us to stop looking for more change and support the Telnames template - Telnic's CEO and CFO have - so should we !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    No offense Mike, but are you looking for a position as senior Tel-evangelist for Telnames? :D[/size]

Geo04-27-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 22786)
    What features would you like to see offered by a TelHosting provider?

[size]
    Good thread Wibblenut...

Here's my wish list (for starters) ;) 

- More templates and formatting options.
    - integration between desktop and mobile versions (as per template/ design selections)
    - ability to add banner ads, images, videos, coupons, etc via the CTH 
    - minimum 100 folders, with option to pay modest fee for more (provided that bulk tools are included)
    - bulk tools, especially upload / download (from Excel spreadsheet)
    - default selections such as logo, banner ads, across all subfolders
    - videos 
    - image gallery
    - custom background image
    - audio message
    - ordering of keywords 
    - keywords sections (with titles)
    - collapsible sections (especially on mobile)
    - custom icons
    - much more extensive selection of icons (of other social networking sites) to choose from
    - simple comment or feedback form, possibly with user generated txt or naptr record.
    - search box that searches all content on subfolders and notes and description fields.
    - email form (to receive feedback without revealing email address to avoid spam)
    - improved privacy features to make friendlier and easier ability to provide different levels of access to information - eg. public/family/friends/etc.
    - more integration options with other social networking sites such as Twitter
    - link from logo
    - slide show version of image gallery 
    - RSS feed 
    - friends widget... with links to other Tels
    - events calendar widget with links in date boxes that when clicked take to a subfolder showing contact info for that date, or alternatively could be used to show what's happening on a particular date.[/size]

mikeseaton04-27-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 22930)
    No offense Mike, but are you looking for a position as senior Tel-evangelist for Telnames?

[size]
    Geo, no offense taken, I'm just looking for the most effective and successful way to get the .tel idea out to "Joe Public" and the millions who've never heard about it (including every UK mobile phone shop I've been in and asked about .tel).

Even if it means in the short term I have the inconvenience of some of my existing .tel setups consigned to history - in business I try to look at the overall goal I'm trying to achieve and focus on that.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Geo04-27-2012 10:37 PM

Well, we certainly agree on the big picture of wanting Tel to succeed and go really mainstream. As long as Tel can support a differentiated product line to suit the different needs of its customers then we can all live happily ever after.

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:02 am