The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Looking for a service provider

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Looking for a service provider Empty Looking for a service provider

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:16 am

SimonLovegrove10-11-2013 11:13 AM

Looking for a service provider

I have had a .tel for ages simonlovegrove.tel. I also bought .tels for family members - I thought they were a really good idea.

I still suspect that they may be a great idea (for me) but I'm not sure. 

I am in the process of upgrading web presence for me, and for 2 service businesses. I'd love to hear from someone who knows about .tel how I can use them to gain advantage and incorporate them in marketing processes - and then do that, whatever it is.

Hope you can help!

supercyberheroes10-11-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonLovegrove (Post 27481)
    I have had a .tel for ages simonlovegrove.tel. I also bought .tels for family members - I thought they were a really good idea.

I still suspect that they may be a great idea (for me) but I'm not sure. 

I am in the process of upgrading web presence for me, and for 2 service businesses. I'd love to hear from someone who knows about .tel how I can use them to gain advantage and incorporate them in marketing processes - and then do that, whatever it is.

Hope you can help!

[size]
    use telmaster tools at telmaters.com

Regards

http://movie.tel[/size]

Aled10-11-2013 02:26 PM

Welcome Simon,

Your .tel name looks good. To make the most of a personal .tel such as this I'd recommend using it as your "online business card". As such, link to it from things such as your actual business cards, email footer, social media profiles and so on. Linking in this way means you can always maintain accuracy of the information rather than it quickly becoming out of date when actually listed on a business card/website.

Any more content that you could add to the short description at the top as well as additional information at the bottom of the page would be useful for visitors to the site and also in terms of search engine placement. Similarly, genuine links from other sites that you manage such as social media pages can always help.

For your businesses my recommendations would be similar. If your businesses are not mobile friendly you could even consider setting up a mobile redirect so mobile traffic is taken to your .tels. Good content, regularly updated is important again for visitors and search. You should also make sure that the content is unique to some degree. Copying all of the content and text from an existing site can see it being seen by Google as a duplicate page and as such not ranked or ranked very poorly.

Thanks,
    Aled

SimonLovegrove10-11-2013 03:30 PM

Thank you both - I did take a look around the resources and they explain quite well. For me I think the start is use as contact details, then I may experiment with content to see what heppens with search.

BTW - Aled - Your linkedIn profile address should be uk.linkedin.com/in/galedwilliams

Linkedin changed their uk domain addresses some time ago.

Simon

Aled10-11-2013 03:47 PM

Thanks, Simon, I'll get it updated!

dutchstreetdog10-12-2013 08:14 AM

Hello Simon welcome
    I am using some affiliate links on my teldomain, trying to sell filament 
    So i dont now what buiseness your on but you can make specific url from your products
    www.blue.abs.filament.3d-printers.tel and 1 day Google pick my page upp and i am in business

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-12-2013 04:02 PM

Simon, most of the domains in the pool at www.TELidentity.com are developed so you can see what others are doing. That includeswww.Bristol.tel 
    Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 6:13 pm