The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Expiring time

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Expiring time Empty Expiring time

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:50 am

Calculito05-03-2013 12:13 PM

Expiring time

Hi all.

There are a couple of domains that expired at 22 March, and they don´t seem to be renewed. I´d like to adquire them, but I don´t know when tey will be available for new registrations. Do you know how long do we need for them to be released?.

Thanks a lot.

Blunderer05-03-2013 01:27 PM

It seems to be some time in June - I don't think you can rely on any fixed date.

supercyberheroes05-03-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calculito (Post 26977)
    Hi all.

There are a couple of domains that expired at 22 March, and they don´t seem to be renewed. I´d like to adquire them, but I don´t know when tey will be available for new registrations. Do you know how long do we need for them to be released?.

Thanks a lot.

[size]
    Make back order, if not go to DM search for your domain and click back order, and then you will see when will be released.

Regards

http://ideal.tel
    http://movie.tel[/size]

dottel.net05-03-2013 02:40 PM

that way doesn't actually work as it gives the generic date of June. there are a few variables with regards to the actual drop date.

once a name enters the 'ready for release' period, it has 5 days to drop. hope that helps!

Aled05-03-2013 03:06 PM

Dottel.net is right in that there are a number of variables depending on the actual policies of the registrar. Here is how I have explained the lifecycle in the past:

* All .tel domains by default are set to autorenew at the registry, so if the registrar does not request that the domain is deleted it is autorenewed

* The Auto Renewal will take place 45 days AFTER the expiry date

* The registrar can choose to actually process the renewal at any point during this 45 days OR just leave the domain to autorenew at the end. When it is renewed is when the expiry date is updated to the new expiry date

* If the owner informs the registrar that they do NOT want to renew the domain, the registrar MUST issue a DELETE command if they want to stop the auto-renewal. This can be done anytime during the 45 day renewal period

* If a Delete is requested the domain then changes status to "PENDING DELETE"
    and the .tel will no longer resolve

* The domain will be in PENDING DELETE for 30 days - often (and depending on the registrar again), the owner can redeem this domain at an extra cost at any time during these 30 days

* At the end of the 30 days there is a 5 day deletion period where nobody can redeem or purchase the name

* At the end of the 5 days the domain will be "dropped" and available to anyone to register

supercyberheroes05-03-2013 05:47 PM

AT Aled thanks for the information, also I am glad that you are back, I have not seen you in the forum for awhile therefore I take this opportunity to asking you 2 questions.

1- Is very difficult for telnic to set videos (embed) apart from youtube, vimeo or dailymotion?

What I mean is to embed video in general regarding where the video come from, many time I want to embed trailers to my movie.tel but I cannot because there are not on youtube, vimeo or dailymotion.

2- I know you do not have more road map, but is there any works (features) coming soon to telnic platform?

Thanking you in advance

Regards

http://ideal.tel
    http://movie.tel

Calculito05-03-2013 11:29 PM

Thanks all. I´ll be cheking every day until end of June. Stressssss!!!!!

dottel.net05-12-2013 09:58 AM

for those interested, there's whole bunch of common names set to drop soon:

http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-drop...=16th+May+2013

Blunderer05-12-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 27029)
    for those interested, there's whole bunch of common names set to drop soon:

http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-drop...=16th+May+2013

[size]
    What is this supposed to show us? It links to your drop list for today.[/size]

dottel.net05-12-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27030)
    What is this supposed to show us? It links to your drop list for today.

[size]
    no it doesn't - if you scroll to the actual drops its listing, its showing the drops for the 16th - a long list of names for anyone interested in them. nothing more or less.. not todays drops.[/size]

Blunderer05-12-2013 03:40 PM

So it does. I usually just use the "box" above, which only shows drops to date. Can it be made to show the drops for 13th, 14th, 15th as well?

Also, when I clicked the Register tab against one name there was a dead link. I see that you've got rid of Buyatel so are you replacing it with something else?

dottel.net05-12-2013 04:54 PM

the easiest way to show the drops for other days is to just change the url - will try and get a dropdown with the dates added. developers are working on another big project right now, hence little time/attention on .tel

i.e.
    http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-drop...=15th+May+2013
    http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-drop...=17th+May+2013
    etc

we shut down buyatel as checking the traffic, virtually everyone was using dottel.net instead so didn't see the value in maintaining the two sites. plan is to combine the offering buyatel provided and include as another tab on dottel.net. Unfortunately not top of the to do list yet though.

hope folks have managed to grab some good drops, some very nice names dropped (are dropping soon) this year, hope they all found good homes!!

Blunderer05-12-2013 06:37 PM

That works. Thanks.

Interesting to see Yell (UK) and YellowPages(SA) dump so many domains. Had to happen. I think they don't belong here - but what do I know?

boracay.tel05-13-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27034)
    That works. Thanks.

Interesting to see Yell (UK) and YellowPages(SA) dump so many domains.

[size]
    If you type ahead on the URL string, I'm fairly sure citysearch US is dumping as well[/size]

Blunderer05-13-2013 12:28 PM

You're right. These old (and re-born) companies don't understand that folk won't pay their exorbitant prices any more, and anyone who hitches their wagon to them is out of touch. 

The World is awash with pro-forma directories, all using the same old tired information - frequently inaccurate, and then devalued by paid premium listings and other adverts for competitors. Thinking folk will pay for a gimmick to sit on top of all that is arrogant.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-14-2013 02:10 AM

If Telnames can get more worldwide subscribers like 118.com to participate in realtime sharing then all of Telosphere will benefit. Static directories have to be a thing of the past, they just don't realize that yet. We need TEL as an aggregator of realtime contact info for distribution without the disadvantage of having to maintain stale information.
    Mark

boracay.tel05-14-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27040)
    We need TEL as an aggregator of realtime contact info for distribution without the disadvantage of having to maintain stale information.
    Mark

[size]
    The holy grail.

Well that and an upgrade to the my.tel app[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-01, 5:39 pm