The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telnic Update

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Telnic Update Empty Telnic Update

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:43 am

dottel09-15-2010 11:53 PM

Telnic Update

Link Removed

can someone from Telnic shed some light or confirm this?

thanks

Note: the reason i posted it here is because it says "Forum & Website..." related.

telrific09-16-2010 12:55 AM

I think one would have to be blind not to see that there have been issues.

The only real questions is will .tel and TelPages be the success we all know it can be ?

The answer is absolutely "Yes", and new commitments by Telnic appear to show more than an exit strategy.

Those of us who stand by Telnic are just fools ? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Many said the same of hundreds of companies, including Apple and Microsoft.

If Telnic is sincere in its "new mission" and "giant leap", we will be glad we continued in our support.

Negligible ? Not at all.

YellowPages.com is not negligible, and TelPages and .TEL Pages have much more potential and value to Individuals and Businesses as a Global Directory ...

... why.telpagesplus.com

Aled09-16-2010 08:33 AM

Telnic will not comment on malicious and potentially libellous commentary posted on other forums and blogs especially in an official forum to give this idle speculation credence, nor will we in future.

dottel09-16-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 10950)
    Telnic will not comment on malicious and potentially libellous commentary posted on other forums and blogs especially in an official forum to give this idle speculation credence, nor will we in future.

[size]
    your reply says this is untrue.
    the reason for me to post it here is, in many occassions people got reliable information (on software updates, releases & etc) from other language blogs/sites.

anyways thanks for the clarification[/size]

boracay.tel09-16-2010 10:11 AM

Telrific, nice page on your site....
    It's a great outlook, and reminds us all of the positives. 

On your site...
    What is .TEL and a .TEL Page ? ** The answer is as easy as 1, 2, 3 ...

1. What two (2) things come to mind when you hear ".TEL" ?

"Dot - Must Be Internet Related"
    "TEL - Must Be Telephone Related"

You're RIGHT !* .TEL is primarily for (Mobile) Telephone/Internet Use.

2. How do people use Mobile Telephone/Internet to Communicate ?

"Let's See - Telephone/Voice, Email, Text/SMS, Websites, Whatever"

Right Again !* Mobile Phone Users Have Many Ways That They Communicate.

Etc etc.
    Cheers

telrific09-16-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 10950)

[size]
    Sadly, there are those who will call a "no comment statement" such as this nothing more than a dodge and an admission that the rumors are true.

Best just remove the thread ...

:o[/size]

telrific09-16-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 10953)
    Telrific, nice page on your site....
    It's a great outlook, and reminds us all of the positives. 

On your site...
    What is .TEL and a .TEL Page ? ** The answer is as easy as 1, 2, 3 ...

1. What two (2) things come to mind when you hear ".TEL" ?

"Dot - Must Be Internet Related"
    "TEL - Must Be Telephone Related"

You're RIGHT !* .TEL is primarily for (Mobile) Telephone/Internet Use.

2. How do people use Mobile Telephone/Internet to Communicate ?

"Let's See - Telephone/Voice, Email, Text/SMS, Websites, Whatever"

Right Again !* Mobile Phone Users Have Many Ways That They Communicate.

Etc etc.
    Cheers

[size]
    Thanks for the kind words !

Devices/Services are the drivers of success .... (See theTELco.tel)

Telephone
    Television
    Computers

.TEL is not as popular because TELephones are old technology, Smart Phones are COMputers, and until all telephones are smartphones, it won't mix. By then videophones will be in full use, so the TEL has to make sense in this area.
    .TV is not as popular because COMputers and TeleVisions haven't mixed as a domain.
    .COM is popular because of COMputers, and more.

.TEL has the best ability to gain from a device/service that uses both old technology and new.

TELephone is good of course
    TELevision should be included in the .TEL platform device support (See YPTV post)
    TELe??? is the new technology keyword that will launch .TEL with Video Calling.

Telephone
    Television
    TeleView ???

Defining and educating a new technology word using TEL is the key ...

... along with combining the TEL technology of the past ...

:)[/size]

GoBigCity09-16-2010 04:14 PM

aled
    It seems like a good idea for Telnic to remove the blog from your site. With nothing worth posting since June 4 it looks pretty bad. I had a potential customer go to your site and ask my why nothing had changed. I understand that it is hard to keep a blog current. Better to just get rid of it rather than look like there is nothing to talk about

Simon G09-16-2010 06:45 PM

I agree with gobigcity, please remove the blog if it's not going to get used. 

To be honest the lack of blog articles, press releases, lack of attendance at startup conferences etc, and and now irregular news letters tend to be disheartening. I would imagine this is also the case for the telnic staff. There is a thread about the new head of marketing but not an official "hello" from him on it. Let's be honest alot of time can be wasted on forums on the Internet but perhaps even a monthly post to say how things were doing would be great. With the first month a mission statement followed by telnics revised vision. The second month a Q and A session from presubmitted questions.

So Telnic what do you say? while PR, conferences, Advertisments in national
    papers cost money, if you can spend it great but please at least make full use of the blog, the forum, Twitter and the apparent affiliation with prnewswire and possibly myspace.. Which should cost considerably less.

can09-16-2010 10:27 PM

Worrying about the blurry quietness.
    Not sure what happen. Dawn after dark or fade away?

Aled09-17-2010 09:55 AM

July and August are typically a quiet period but we've been working on a number of initiatives behind the scenes which are now coming to fruition and which we'll be talking about. You may have seen a new blog post today regarding the launch of .tel-only services in China this coming Monday. If you look at the events calendar, you'll also see that Telnic has and is attending a number of events.

Simon, I'm not sure what you're referring to in terms of the newsletter being irregular? We've been sending them out on a monthly basis since they started.

can09-17-2010 03:07 PM

Tong Ji Ming Lian (Beijing) Technology Ltd
    Fresh new small company, born in May,2010.
    Worrying about China marketing.

Justin Hayward09-17-2010 03:21 PM

can, the company may be new but the team behind it are extremely experienced in the domain and TNT field in China. See:

http://xn--1jv270a0tm.tel/
    http://liguanghao.tel/

Simon G09-17-2010 04:17 PM

Aled/Justin, good to see the blog post up. 

I do admit I have not looked into the timeline for a while and as such did not notice the forthcoming IT conferences. My concern arose from the few conferences which were in the first part of the summer which telnic were not at this year. Now I can see your concentrating on other events. 

My comment regarding the newsletters, being irregular was more to do with the timeframe within the month, ie I was starting to be used to recieving them in the first third of the month. But I agree they are certainly monthly. 

Good news; I look forward to seeing .tel develop in China.

Justin Hayward09-17-2010 04:22 PM

Simon, thanks for your comments. Sometimes, news doesn't meet regular deadlines and so, to make sure that the content is maintained at a standard, we have to be flexible. I'm sure you understand.

Regards,

Justin

tindaya09-17-2010 10:12 PM

With the IDN, I bought domains in chinese and japanese, and when I tried to check de OAth with the chinese, this work, but with the japanese, doesn´t work.
    So, perfect with Chine, but what the matter with Japan.

libros
    camino del cid

Aled09-18-2010 08:25 AM

tindaya,

There isn't any relation between the language the .tel is in an OAuth, so it should work the same with all languages. When you say it doesn't work can you provide more details please?

tindaya09-18-2010 09:31 PM

Sorry, I must go on check the problem. I don´t know exactly what it´s the problem. It´s like if I go to Telnic.org to check a domain IDN like 娱乐, if write it in get your tel, I have answer, but If I go to in telnic to whois, when I write 娱乐, tell me: invalid name. But if I go to Russia, in nic.ru, and I put 娱乐 tell me the who is perfect.
    With the OAth I must check it better, because now have work good the japanese caracter and bad the chinese caracter,but 15 days ago was the opposite.
    Sorry, it´s possible that if I work always in punycode, work perfect.

GoBigCity09-19-2010 10:35 PM

OK, I will bite. Why do we care that Telnic has taken .tel to China? I get why its good for them. I am a businessman and I would want to expand like that as well. Good for them...easy to understand. Good for us? What about taking care of the people that origianlly invested and RENEWED before you go to China. What a kick in the gut.

Cees09-20-2010 06:46 AM

GoBigCity,
    Anything that expands the user base should be good for existing .tel owners as well IMO.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Telnic Update Empty Re: Telnic Update

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:44 am

tindaya09-21-2010 09:03 AM

I think .tel, it´s global, so this news is good for everybody. But we must go on,we are in the beginning.

Encourage!!!

libros

telrific09-21-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigCity (Post 10981)
    ... What about taking care of the people that origianlly invested and RENEWED before you ___ ... What a kick in the gut.

[size]
    This statement continues to be a resounding and deafening echo to .tel supporters ...

Many have walked away from .tel altogether.

I spoke with many advocates of .tel from "year one" who were very active, voiced, but now are gone forever.

Many forum members completely abandoned their "Golden Names" and .tel dreams.

They were so excited about "the world's first phonebook and global directory", then abandoned ALL their names when they saw the joke that was revealed. I picked up a few.

Imagine being led to believe you have a great place in YellowPages, only to get the ongoing "Carrot for an genius Mule" routine with what Telnic releases.

Quote:
    [/size]

If you look at Google, Bing, etc. you see that the effort, and every new "reveal", is professional and worthwhile.

If you look at YellowPages you see that the effort, and every new "reveal", is professional and worthwhile.

If you look at .CO you see that the effort, and every new "reveal", is professional and worthwhile.

If you look at the Twitter you see that the effort, and every new "reveal", is professional and worthwhile.

If you look at .TEL and TelPages you see that the effort, and every new "reveal", is like a child with a Crayon ...

[size]

Progress may be less than ideal, but I don't know if it's that bad !

It is in fact a rough cut stone, but it is a diamond.

Quote:
    [/size]

Global expansion with internal progress is key

[size]

.TEL in China is a major part of this ... Great to see because it means they ARE taking care of early adopters ...

:)[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 7:51 pm