The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

GoBigCity Feedback

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

GoBigCity Feedback Empty GoBigCity Feedback

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:54 am

GoBigCity10-13-2011 04:09 PM

GoBigCity Feedback

I agree. When we loose Mike, this is a lost cause. I can't believe I still even check here. I feel like such a absorber.

mikeseaton10-13-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigCity (Post 18269)
    I agree. When we loose Mike, this is a lost cause. I can't believe I still even check here. I feel like such a absorber.

[size]
    Hi GoBigCity,

I'm still here - but see my posts The Reality of .Tel and Attention - Interest - Desire - Action

Like many other domain investors and software developers in .tel I know that the situation as it stands cannot be allowed to continue for much longer.

There is a famous definition which goes:

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

I'm beginning to think I may be guilty of this (along with many others) and will have to make the decision whether it is worthwhile continuing the investment of a large amount of time and money without any announcement from Telnic that a deal has been done with a major internet player, or a telco such as Vodafone, that will put .tel into the consciousness of "Joe Public" throughout the world.

An alternative way to achieve this would be as a major sponsor for the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Such a move would give instant global recognition, assuming of course that the IOC has sponsorship space left, but I imagine the cost would exceed Telnic's "war chest" for promotional activity.

Hence my belief that the only way forward to achieve "critical mass" is to partner with, or to be taken over by, an established global player like Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Skype etc.

Unless .tel can achieve global recognition, desire, and actual use by "Joe Public" in the very near future, by whatever means Telnic decide is necessary, I fear that the .tel extension is in danger of remaining a niche extension which continues more or less along its 300K current plateau.

I hope this is not the case, and Telnic is going to make a major announcement shortly that makes us wonder "Why were we so worried ?".

My motto re .tel is Hope For The Best, Plan For The Worst - I am doing that at the moment as I suspect many others are !

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific10-13-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18270)
    I'm still here .... My motto re .tel is Hope For The Best, Plan For The Worst - I am doing that at the moment as I suspect many others are !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    That's all you can do everyday isn't it ?

I think the majority of long time participants are still here, there are always more "viewers" than "members logged in".

Telnic told us to be patient, so we are.

What else is there ?

If Telnic chooses to be a snail, that is their choice.

We can snail with them, or run away.

Glad all my fellow snails are still here !

[/size]

Shahid10-14-2011 04:20 PM

i am still here too and keeping faith in .tel atleast at a small scale ( not expect much in return )

teltheworld10-14-2011 04:52 PM

Guys
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question but if I someone created a directory using for instance names and addresses obtained from say a phone book.

Would it be theorectically possible for someone to do all the work and then have someone come along who may have a much better name (in their opinion) and copy the whole lot over to this other name at the touch of a button?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-14-2011 04:56 PM

@teltheworld yes and its even easier now because it's all in the DNS. 
    Mark

teltheworld10-14-2011 05:08 PM

Hi Mark

That's one thing I never wanted to hear but if that kind of information is freely available from directories and phone books etc, it doesn't sound like there's much you can do about it.

Does that also hold true for anything stored in the DNS?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-14-2011 05:16 PM

Only public information. Hidden records and encrypted data should not be available. My thinking about online directories is that they should pull information from the DNS, ie from .tel domains. That way info is always current. No more stale out of date data. No more endless copies of the same info across 100's of directories. Free, fresh content always available. YP must have stats on how much info is out of date. Telpages should become the sole broker for finding new DNS data. 
    Mark

teltheworld10-14-2011 05:23 PM

Sounds like great idea Mike, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens

mikeseaton10-14-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18294)
    My thinking about online directories is that they should pull information from the DNS, ie from .tel domains........Free, fresh content always available.

[size]
    Couldn't agree more - that's what TelDial does.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-14-2011 07:46 PM

Well, if only Telnic could sell that simple concept to the YP directories !
    Mark

Cees10-14-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 18288)
    i am still here too and keeping faith in .tel atleast at a small scale ( not expect much in return )

[size]
    Hi Shahid,
    Good to see you again.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 3:32 am