The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

"You exceeded your quota

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

"You exceeded your quota Empty "You exceeded your quota

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:21 am

Calculito01-25-2012 10:56 PM

"You exceeded your quota

please try again in xxx seconds"

That´s the messagge I get from CTH when I try to upload 2 or 3 excel files in paralel using telfeeder tool. None of those files have more than 100 records. So what´s the quota limit?. How are we suppose to upload content for 3000 folders when limits are so restrictive?. 
    For me this is the key question for .tel domains. I´m sorry but it makes no sense to have 3000 folders when there´s no option to fill them.

I´m tired. 

.tel potential is hugh for me, but not this way. If at least we could design our own file and upload ip (just as we to with backup files), but so far it´s not possible. 

So what solution exist for those who want to make hugh directories???

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-25-2012 11:31 PM

Read about Throttling first. I for one would like to see this changed to real-life. Besides populating my own domain, I also work for clients and the loading of large amounts of data is a painful process requiring waiting for hours then doing a bit more loading, rinse and repeat, sometimes for days. After two years Telnic, can we have this re-evaluated please? Add more servers, whatever is needed to make this work. 
    Mark

dottel.net01-25-2012 11:37 PM

only way i found to work round this was using a script that reads the throttling message returned and sleeps for the defined length of time before continuing where it left off. indeed a pain but once coded it can be left to run over a weekend.... not ideal!

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-26-2012 12:26 AM

@dottel Yes, tried to do that, but my server eventually times out because waiting still uses up CPU cycles.
    Mark

Calculito01-26-2012 12:38 AM

I read the document and this sentence is amazing: "it is estimated that every hour it is possible to insert/update approx 1,500 records". That´s less than half a record per second.

Kind of bandwith consumption......

Telnic must check this if wants a future.

Blunderer01-26-2012 02:03 PM

@Calculito,

How many domains do you have in the same CTH group?

dottel.net01-26-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 20141)
    @dottel Yes, tried to do that, but my server eventually times out because waiting still uses up CPU cycles.
    Mark

[size]
    you can still code round that - we have a cool script that runs in a browser and uses an auto browser refresh to effectively reset the script timeout

Works a charm...[/size]

Calculito01-26-2012 02:35 PM

@Blunderer I have 25 or so.

@dottel.net Do you mean you have solved this issues?? Do you have a bulk upload tool avoiding these limitations?

dottel.net01-26-2012 02:53 PM

there's no way to stop it throttling, but yes you can code around it so a script will automatically 'sleep' for the duration of the throttle and then automatically restart from where it left off.

If we hadn't coded a work around, our portfolio of several hundred populated sites would never have made it out of the door

My personal view is that the throttle limits should be raised as I can't imagine there is alot of bulk population on going regularly these days...

Calculito01-26-2012 03:49 PM

deleted....

dottel.net01-26-2012 03:52 PM

deleted......

Calculito01-26-2012 04:00 PM

Sorry, I didn't see them sent

Blunderer01-26-2012 05:19 PM

@Calculito,

Hmmmm, 25 is not many, unless they are highly populated. Try setting up a new account just for the domain you are currently working on and see if that improves things. If all your domains have high content then breaking them out into individual accounts or smaller groups may improve things. I had suffered weeks of frustration before I learnt that everything in a CTH account gets re-saved every time you make a change.

Calculito01-26-2012 06:23 PM

@Blunderer. I'll try it as a patch (thanks for your help). But I'd appreciate a solution from Telnic.

Aled01-27-2012 05:05 PM

Calculito - thanks for raising the issue you had. We will review the throttling thresholds to see if these can be increased.

Calculito01-28-2012 04:09 PM

Thank you Aled for your answer. We all expect the review.

Aled02-06-2012 05:01 PM

Calculitto, 

Further to your issue above we have reviewed the throttling limits and although it is necessary to retain the throttling restriction, we have been able to rework the existing measures such that the actions you were taking when you started this thread should no longer be caught by throttling. I emphasise, however, that throttling is still in place, so that if the number of concurrent updates which you are performing and/or the number of requests in those updates are increased, you will once more eventually hit the throttling.

We shall monitor the system and these limits on an ongoing basis.

Blunderer02-06-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 20247)
    Calculitto, 

Further to your issue above we have reviewed the throttling limits and although it is necessary to retain the throttling restriction, we have been able to rework the existing measures such that the actions you were taking when you started this thread should no longer be caught by throttling. I emphasise, however, that throttling is still in place, so that if the number of concurrent updates which you are performing and/or the number of requests in those updates are increased, you will once more eventually hit the throttling.

We shall monitor the system and these limits on an ongoing basis.

[size]
    Aled,

Does this relaxation/fix apply only to Calculito's domains or is it general?

Also, has the problem with the servers in Germany, raised by Serg this morning, been resolved (is there likely to be further disruption?)?[/size]

Aled02-06-2012 05:57 PM

This was a general update so it applies to all, not just Calculito.

We don't expect any further disruption following the issue this morning, so please let me know if you see anything.

Calculito02-07-2012 08:21 PM

Hi Aled.

I´m really grateful for the change.

I´ll try how it´s working, and I´ll report my feedback.

Thank you very much.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:52 am