The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

The request was blocked because you exceeded your quota. You will be unblocked in 1124 seconds. ?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

The request was blocked because you exceeded your quota. You will be unblocked in 1124 seconds. ? Empty The request was blocked because you exceeded your quota. You will be unblocked in 1124 seconds. ?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:29 am

Shahid03-31-2012 12:53 PM

The request was blocked because you exceeded your quota. You will be unblocked in 1124 seconds. ?

Hello,
    i was trying to update one of my .tel recently ( today ) and i got this message just with the first edit not sure why it happened.

Domain is on Dynadot

Shahid

Aled03-31-2012 01:16 PM

Hello Shahid,

We had to introduce some level of control of requests which were causing a high load on the system over two years ago. This was known as "throttling" and full details are available in this document - http://dev.telnic.org/docs/Throttlin...TelHosting.pdf.

Since it's initial introduction the levels have been relaxed and generally it is only users which perform a high number of requests in a short period using the API that are ever restricted by this throttling. 

Were you using the CTH when you were shown this message? It's possible that a number of domain restores of large .tels or alternatively the renaming of a number of folders can trigger this off as they are very intensive commands which can result in a high load on the system.

Having been locked out please wait until at least the period specified before trying to log back in. Trying before this time can actually result in the period you are locked out for being extended.

Shahid03-31-2012 01:43 PM

Hello Aled,

Thank you for your message i am aware of the Throttling but this was something different have never had such a problem before, yes i only use CTH unless i have to update an ad or image.

yes i have recently purchased a domain and was trying to build it up not even 8 folders that also incomplete.

i will let you know if anything arises will try later on.

Thanks

Shahid

tony mayo03-31-2012 01:45 PM

"The request was blocked because you exceeded your quota. You will be unblocked in 3803 seconds."

Aled,
    I have been having same issues over the past few days with Domainmonster despite the fact that I am doing very little work on directories using Telhosting to cause any overload.

I have also noticed in recent weeks that Tel Hosting has slowed to a snail's pace - eg switching between directories, login etc is consistently slow to the point of being almost unworkable - and none of my work involves intensive requests.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2012 01:47 PM

Just to say that CTH login is very slow at name.com recently and sometimes I couldn't even login at all. Takes minutes to login.
    Mark

Shahid03-31-2012 02:12 PM

Glad to see supporters now i know its not just me

please work on this i have paid good money on some .tel as i recently purchased them and i want them to be as active as i want any .tel to be.

Thanks

Shahid

Aled03-31-2012 03:00 PM

Thank you for the additional details everyone. If you could send me the usernames for the specific accounts affected we can look into this in more detail.

Serg03-31-2012 06:25 PM

I also faced the morning with the blocking. Tried to make only 2 entries on the site. I do not remember this before. I noticed that this admin panel is very slow work.

supercyberheroes03-31-2012 07:27 PM

I got a problem too, I can log in CTH only when I use IE but when I use chrome it is not possible, now I always have to use IE (domainmonster is my register)

Regards

http://businessdirect.tel

TELcp04-01-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 21495)
    I got a problem too, I can log in CTH only when I use IE but when I use chrome it is not possible, now I always have to use IE (domainmonster is my register)

Regards

http://businessdirect.tel

[size]
    Just Checked on G/Chrome ver. 18.0.1025.142.
    It works.

Which version of Chrome do you use?

Cheers![/size]

Aled04-02-2012 09:03 AM

supercyberheroes - whan you say it is not possible, what kind of error do you see, and at what stage?

Thanks Tony and Shahid for sending me your usernames. We'll use these to investigate. If anyone else has had specific issues can you also send me your username please.

With regards to the slowness that you are reporting, approximately how long has this been happening?

Thanks,
    Aled

tony mayo04-02-2012 11:21 AM

Aled, The slow log in issue has been happening for a couple of months, at least. 
    The 'request blocked' message has only appeared for me in the past week.

dottel.net04-02-2012 12:21 PM

hi aled - just read this thread, are there any ongoing issues with updates? i have a batch bulk upload for 10 domains I need to kick off with circa ~25k folders. will hold off doing so until this is all clear.

Aled04-02-2012 03:21 PM

dottel.net - no, there are no ongoing issues with updates, so feel free to run your script whenever you want.

Shahid, Tony and Serg - It seems that there was an issue which would have caused users to be incorrectly caught by the throttling on Saturday. The issue has now been removed and we're taking steps to prevent it reoccurring. Many apologies for the inconvenience that it caused you.

Tony, Serg and Mark - do you have many .tels, or well populated .tels within the accounts which are slow? The CTH loads all of the content of the .tels in the account when it loads in order to try and work as efficiently as possible afterwards. This isn't an issue for the majority of users, but if you do have a large amount of content then it can unfortunately cause delays. As such, these will increase as more content/.tels are added. If you think this could be an issue for you you may wish to split your portfolios over a number of accounts so that there is less information for the CTH to load every time.

tony mayo04-02-2012 03:34 PM

Thanks Aled. Everything seems to be running smoother today.
    Splitting porfolios seems a good suggestion.
    Is this a big deal or can it be done quickly?

Aled04-02-2012 03:38 PM

You'd need to speak to your provider. I believe I know of another user who has done it, so I'll ask them to get in touch with you. Before doing anything, though I would always recommend backing up your data. Please do that regularly anyway, but especially before trying to move accounts.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-02-2012 04:54 PM

Bear in mind that there is a limit of either 5 or 10MB for the restore process via CTH. The backup works, but the restore will not complete. This already happened to me while trying to split up domains at name.com. Even though there is not supposed to be data loss when moving between CTH accounts at same registrar, the site was so large that the move failed and the domain was in "limbo". When Name attempted to fix the problem, they recreated the domain resulting in complete DNS data loss. I had a current backup but CTH failed. Telnic was able to restore using my backup. I may have to write a Soap Export tool to accommodate large domains in the future.
    Mark

dottel.net04-02-2012 05:04 PM

i've felt this pain before too - hence i don't use the backup tool and keep an xml format of all the data offline. that's my master file and used to update the site. not ideal, but it works and is reliable.

tony mayo04-02-2012 06:03 PM

@dottel.net So are the xml backups downlaod from CTH of any value? Or should we look to some other form of backup.

dottel.net04-02-2012 06:07 PM

if you can manage to get a full xml download from the cth and have verified it can successfully be applied to restore your domain, then absolutely no need to look for something else.

in my case for my very large domains, the file becomes huge and unusable, plus my original source content is managed outside of the cth anyway.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

The request was blocked because you exceeded your quota. You will be unblocked in 1124 seconds. ? Empty Re: The request was blocked because you exceeded your quota. You will be unblocked in 1124 seconds. ?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:29 am

tony mayo04-02-2012 06:11 PM

Thanks dottel.net
    The question arises is there a sure fire way of verifying a successful backup?

dottel.net04-02-2012 06:15 PM

to test you can always do an export, manually change the domain in the xml file to another domain you have without live content. restore to that domain and test to see all works.

tony mayo04-02-2012 06:16 PM

Thanks dottel.net
    Advice from experts like yourself and Mark is always appreciated.
    I recall trying the procedure you recommend some months ago - changing domain name etc, but CTH would not accept the file. Will give it another go.

tel4rent04-02-2012 07:25 PM

Hi,
    I tried it before and it worked well with me...just make sure that you are using a tool like notepad or wordpad to edit the file (or more appropriate editor). But only change the domain name and make sure nothing else is changed.

Good luck!

tony mayo04-02-2012 07:26 PM

Appreciate that tel4rent. Will try again.

tony mayo04-03-2012 02:42 PM

Aled
    Unfortunately this issue ('your request is blocked becasue yo exceeded your quota..') has returned to Domainmonster CTH with a venegence today!
    Doing very little CTH work again so there must be some bug causing this.

Aled04-03-2012 02:48 PM

Tony - we're looking into this now.

Blunderer04-03-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 21642)
    Aled
    Unfortunately this issue ('your request is blocked becasue yo exceeded your quota..') has returned to Domainmonster CTH with a venegence today!
    Doing very little CTH work again so there must be some bug causing this.

[size]

How many domains do you have in each CTH account?[/size]

tony mayo04-03-2012 06:12 PM

About 100 or thereabouts, but many inactive.

Aled04-03-2012 06:14 PM

Have you been able to log back in, Tony? The issue you had with being incorrectly throttled should now be resolved and we are working to make sure it doesn't happen again.

tony mayo04-03-2012 06:20 PM

Thanks Aled. I haven't logged back in. Will do so later.

Blunderer04-03-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 21679)
    About 100 or thereabouts, but many inactive.

[size]

If your using DM then I've found that that is too many, even if most are empty.

You need to set up at least one new CTH account and aim for no more than fifty domains in each - perhaps thirty - thirty five if they have 1500+ folders (thats a guess).

See: Domain Monster - Members Area - Bulk Domain Management - Tel accounts - Create New label

Enter the name you want the new account to be called, the click Add.

If your account is running slow because of overloading, the Add process may take a while to complete (I can't remember how long it took my last time but have your Tea first!).

Once the new account name is created then you have to go down the list of domains below and select the ones you want in the new account - then click Finalise Changes. The system will then start to transfer the domains into the new account - this will take hours so best to do it before you go to bed and just let it run. 

You will not be able to do anything else to your domains whilst this is happening, and you may find that in the morning, when you sign in to your DM account and check progress in the Bulk Domain Management area that all of the domains are showing as being action complete but, that you can't manage any of them. If that happens then give DM a call and ask them to unfreeze the Bulk Domain Management.

The system will generate a new password for the new CTH account automatically.

It's a tedious process, but necessary.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 8:41 pm