The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.Tel pricing issues

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.Tel pricing issues Empty .Tel pricing issues

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:25 am

Geo02-27-2012 11:20 AM

.Tel pricing issues

I was wondering if Telnic has any say in how registrars price their renewals differently from transfers? I find it cheaper to transfer domains than to renew them with the same registrar. When you have over a hundred domains it adds up, but it's a pita to do so... 

Not all registrars have this pricing difference - dynadot for example, has one price for reg, renew, and transfer. 

Does anyone have experience negotiating better renewal pricing for bulk with Name or any other major registrar?

Any registrars offering coupon codes for .Tel?

Thanks.

dottel.net02-27-2012 11:23 AM

the cheaper for new vs regular pricing for renewals isn't limited to just .tel. I see this on many other extensions at most of the registrars.

i'm not aware of any coupons for .tel renewals circulating.

depending on how many .tel's you're talking about, i'd advise calling your registrar directly and speaking to them regarding bulk discounts.

TELcp02-27-2012 01:09 PM

I transfered most of .tel domains away from a very reputed registrar who failed to renew their secure connection (SSL cert is not renewed even after one month! They did respond to the tickets but ignoring the SSL cert renewal request) to the CTH.

And it saved US$6.00 per domain

Its better to look around before renewals.
    (Remember to check with new and losing registrars exactly how many days they take for the transfer. Make your decision as early as possible to avoid transferring difficulties closer to the date of expiry of the domain).

Geo02-27-2012 09:24 PM

Another question I might as well ask here:

Is there a registrar that stands out in terms of features, price, service, etc for bulk domains and for building larger directories? Who do you guys like, if I may ask?

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 3:20 am