The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

strange text

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

strange text Empty strange text

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:53 am

dutchstreetdog08-28-2012 04:05 PM

strange text

Hello i see some strange text popping up
    The `go to` is now .tel 
    and unther my logo i see `View Content`
    Are you coocking somthing in the oven Telnic=
    https://2img.net/h/i773.photobucket.com/albums/y...aag/teljpg.jpg

boracay.tel08-28-2012 04:36 PM

Hang in there Dutch. I think some "live testing" is taking place. Lets all work together on this. It's interactive, it's positive, ...community involvement to get things right piece by piece.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-28-2012 04:54 PM

Just refresh your browser with CTRL + F5 and will go away. Happened to me under Chrome and FF but the refresh cleared the text.
    Mark

dutchstreetdog08-28-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 25425)
    Hang in there Dutch. I think some "live testing" is taking place. Lets all work together on this. It's interactive, it's positive, ...community involvement to get things right piece by piece.

[size]
    Hahahahah year[/size]

dutchstreetdog08-28-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25428)
    Just refresh your browser with CTRL + F5 and will go away. Happened to me under Chrome and FF but the refresh cleared the text.
    Mark

[size]
    Ok Thanks for that !
    But who put it there ?[/size]

boracay.tel08-29-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25428)
    Mark

[size]
    Nope. This is not a refresh error.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-29-2012 02:17 AM

I know, shouldnt happen. Only happens for sites still remembered by your browser. But the hard refresh CTRL F5 worked for me on all computers.
    Mark

boracay.tel08-29-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25432)
    Only happens for sites still remembered by your browser.
    Mark

[size]
    Been to telnic.tel lately?
    See support? Its name tag is now simply ".tel"
    so, Click then support.... and all next page folders say ".tel"
    im sure there is a very good explanation so lets hear about it?

edit: it appears as though all prior blank nametags were given by default the "go to" tag, but now telnic has decided/needed that the "go to" be changed to ".tel". Is that right? Is it possible to have a full list of changes detailed somewhere with each CTH or template release? and if possible a reasoning given or explanation about things? Would help us to understand why we need to now go through our sites looking and verifying and checking if the context still make sense. I have since updated a few pages manually to write in "go to" and I can verify that "go to" will then remain.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-29-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 25433)
    Been to telnic.tel lately?
    See support? Its name tag is now simply ".tel"
    so, Click then support.... and all next page folders say ".tel"
    im sure there is a very good explanation so lets hear about it?

edit: it appears as though all prior blank nametags were given by default the "go to" tag, but now telnic has decided/needed that the "go to" be changed to ".tel". Is that right? Is it possible to have a full list of changes detailed somewhere with each CTH or template release? and if possible a reasoning given or explanation about things? Would help us to understand why we need to now go through our sites looking and verifying and checking if the context still make sense. I have since updated a few pages manually to write in "go to" and I can verify that "go to" will then remain.

[size]
    @Boracay. I agree with you. This is a change that should have been noticed during a QA/QC phase. Looks bad. And a notification on the forum would have been nice. 

Telnic when will this be fixed and why did it happen in the first place? 

Mark[/size]

Aled08-29-2012 11:08 AM

We are looking into this issue with regards to the default label for subfolders. I shall let you know when I have more information.

Thanks,
    Aled

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-29-2012 11:49 AM

Template 6 now leaks

Besides the strange text, template 6 now leaks clicks to telnic.org on any white space. Telnic is this another bug to fix or intentional for SEO ? eghttp://wikileaks.tel/
    Mark

Blunderer08-29-2012 02:44 PM

Aled,

Is it OK to add records whilst these issues are unresolved?

Aled08-29-2012 02:48 PM

Yes, absolutely.

Blunderer08-29-2012 02:58 PM

Jolly good.

Blunderer08-30-2012 02:26 PM

Aled,

Thank you for sorting out the Go To issue.

"View Content" is still showing below the domain name.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-30-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25446)
    Aled,

Thank you for sorting out the Go To issue.

"View Content" is still showing below the domain name.

[size]
    Ditto Thx
    Mark[/size]

Aled08-30-2012 03:47 PM

As mentioned by Mark and Blunderer, the default label for .tel links is now back to "Go To". Apologies for the delay in updating this.

Blunderer - the "View Content" is caching on your browser, so if you refresh and possibly clear the cache then it will disappear.

Aled08-30-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25437)
    Besides the strange text, template 6 now leaks clicks to telnic.org on any white space. Telnic is this another bug to fix or intentional for SEO ? eg http://wikileaks.tel/
    Mark

[size]
    Mark, we'll take a look, but it isn't anything that has been introduced by this week's release. If you wish to avoid this you can switch the telnic.org link from the control panel.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-30-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 25449)
    Mark, we'll take a look, but it isn't anything that has been introduced by this week's release. If you wish to avoid this you can switch the telnic.org link from the control panel.

[size]
    I tried on my own T6 domain, turned off Telnic logo link and still white space has link to telnic.org.
    Mark[/size]

Aled08-31-2012 09:05 AM

That's strange as it isn't happening on other template 6 pages e.g. boracay.tel. We'll take a look as to why it is on wikileaks.tel.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

strange text Empty Re: strange text

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:53 am

Aled08-31-2012 09:10 AM

Mark, I just checked on wikileaks.tel and the link to telnic has not been switched off, which is why that is still affected. is it a different name that you have tested on?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-31-2012 11:00 AM

Wikileaks is not my domain. I tested on another. Try http://animalcontrol.tel/ Dig shows icon link is off yet white space linking goes to Telnic.
    Mark

Aled08-31-2012 11:13 AM

A dig on animalcontrol.tel shows the htl property set to 0. It needs to be set to 1 for the link to be switched off.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-31-2012 11:23 AM

You are correct. It is no longer linking to Telnic. I thought it was just the logo that has the link, not the entire page?
    Mark

Aled08-31-2012 11:25 AM

Yes, it should be and as mentioned above we're taking a look as to why that isn't the case on this template.

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:14 pm