The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

The True Face of .Tel - or why vanity reigns overall!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

The True Face of .Tel - or why vanity reigns overall! Empty The True Face of .Tel - or why vanity reigns overall!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:44 pm

Undermoose04-13-2010 11:47 PM

The True Face of .Tel - or why vanity reigns overall!

Ok folks, here's ONE truth about .Tel.

Directories, services, domainer, individuals, when you boil it all down in a pot and skim off the fat, the meat of .Tel is in the record fields.

It just isn't going to matter one iota what your tel name is. America.tel or 12abc34.tel (apparently Superbook doesn't realize this yet )

When/if critical mass is reached there will be BILLIONS of .Tel. The only thing someone is going to care about is geolocation and subject matter. Period. You'll speak into your google app and say restaurants, NYC, midtown, 4 star, and shazaam anything and everything related to your query will return sorted by content, not domain name. In fact it would be highly unlikely your ever search by domain, the business's or individual's name will be in the record fields.

It's tough for the culture shock of .com to fade, but it's fading fast.

Here's, I believe, and interesting theoryl. Everything being built for .tel at this time will do two things:

1. Present development will build and propogate .Tel, help it to become accepted and ingrained.
    2. The end result, ultimately for what exists today and in the near future, will in paradox obsolete itself as the technology takes hold. This is because today's awareness is too connected to the web as it exists today, and not what will be. I suppose that's a bit cliche, but nobody has ever built a global directory like this before so I'm saying it first!

One future gold mine will be tailored directories that qualify the content they present, built out of billions of contact records, into their own useful categorizations, not the construct of a specific .tel (though that will obviously have whatever merrit that has). 

The future of .Tel is the global directory, but I perceive the vision at present to be very narrow.

Of course there are myriads within manageries, and no one truth exists alone.

The power of categorization globally for the most important information that exists, "people" and "business", is underway.

May it build without delay.

Now back to that vanity name thing - a gem in the multitudes is what good .tel names are.

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 4:58 am