The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel Dream has come true

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Dream has come true Empty .tel Dream has come true

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:02 am

TELcp05-19-2012 06:05 AM

.tel Dream has come true

I am glad to say this,
    Yes, the .tel dream has come true.

We all should be grateful to the new service provider for focusing on the true concept of the .tel. A pure contact/business card online.

A great future lies ahead for the directory builders who own premium domains and who can structure their domains to fit into single .tel page.

A sample for a Geo tel domain is provided at mytown.tel
    It is fully SEO optimised with open secrets of trade to preserve your tel domain and present your sub folders as a unique single tel page.

Planning to publish more samples by end of this month.

Don't want to go in to more details right now.
    But seeing what is happening around you gives a first hand experience.

So, 2012 AD is going to be a remarkable year for all of us.

:cool::)

Simon G05-19-2012 10:19 AM

Telcp, appreciate you don't want to Elaborate greatly at the moment but... Perhaps just a little bit.
    I'm confused by this statement
    Quote:

A great future lies ahead for the directory builders who own premium domains and who can structure their domains to fit into single .tel page.

[size]
    Do you have a link to the domain you mean as mytown.tel still has several folders in it? So can't be a single page.

If I have missed anything please point me in the right direction.

I'm thinking tel names .tels will be ideal to be linked from actual geo directorys and but can't see how you could do it without some substructure of the root[/size]

maximka05-19-2012 12:38 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2012 01:28 PM

TelNames is not the answer

Tel delivers the pure single contact concept for those that need it via TelNames, but the aggregation of links to such domains still needs the directory concept. These directories need to be built from both original content and links to individual .Tel domains, both original and Telnames flavours.

TelNames development cost us big time in their delays. Why can't Telnic see that if they had provided us with templates and more features a year ago, we all would be in better shape now. Instead we have a more fragmented and annoyed community, a community that Telnic asked to support with development of third-party tools. TelNames, as nice as it is, is a slap in the face of those who supported Telnic from day one.

TelNames is here to stay. It is an expensive option to those who don't know about original .tel. However, the .Tel community can help sell Telnames to individuals if the price is more reasonable. Telnames can't compete with regular name.com (etc) pricing no matter how good it looks. I am preparing to sell individual Tels locally, but in order to do so, I still need the new templates and background images to be in place. I want my customers to have a decent choice between original and Telnames and let them decide. Therefore there is a need for a price drop and a more level playing field by supporting the features that were stolen from us. 

Telnic will you please quickly introduce these missing features to .Tel?

Mark

Alex05-19-2012 02:21 PM

Mark, You are not only the most active .tel supporter; from your comment I see you have also the deepest knowledge about priorities and strategies.

I would be happy if Telnic would listen more to the community and especially to you.

TELcp05-19-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23832)
    It seems to me, that the idea is that owners of Geo_TELs could rent a page at a dyrectory mytown_tel and to make there links to their Geo_TELs.

[size]
    Sorry. My intention is not that. 
    But to share the results of our experiments and to let all be benefited out of it.

:cool::)[/size]

tony mayo05-19-2012 04:06 PM

Mark's fantastic Telmaster tools have helped hugely in keeping this idea alive.

I too would like to appeal to Telnic to make the new templates and other features discussed many times on this form available forthwith so that we can all work together as a community dedicated to making this business a global giant.

dutchstreetdog05-19-2012 04:13 PM

Where are those templates staying?
    Didnt the anounce them for May or somthing!
    The are still on the menu i hope

boracay.tel05-19-2012 04:19 PM

Simon, I'm guessing, but perhaps he means like this...

www.boracayHotels.tel

It's a one pager telnames, it's linked to from a few other informational , general sites (nothing to do with me) but those sites want information about hotels only .

So can i get it out there more easily than the actual comprehenive parent directory (boracay.tel)?
    Maybe...but the links in that one page telnames.tel are easy, simple. 
    linking immediately into the exact category page (in/of/from) the full-on parent directory.

Oh pffff, i dunno what he means ?!?)!??

TELcp05-19-2012 04:42 PM

The format of the tel names is a proper tel page that provides one place for all communication. A neat & tidy page without Advertisements.
    Too many Ads for monetizing has destroyed the true image of the tel page.

I am glad that Telnic has at last realised the mistakes they did in the past, by providing options for too many Advertisements on tel page.

An Ideal tel page should contain records for communication ONLY.
    It should NOT be something similar to a parked web page.

What happens when a person comes to a tel page looking for contact information and finds only Ads and links to affiliate sites? Will that person ever come back to the same page? So, how can you market the tel domain as a one place for all communication needs.

My vision for the tel page is pure contact information.

++++

Well, for the time being stick to the directory structure similar to what we tried to explain from time to time on this forum referring to mytown.tel. Folders should be built in the ROOT directory as hidden folders. Create separate CTH accounts for each tel domain.

We are not going elaborate too much at this time but one may study how the hideout.mytown.tel is structured with best SEO. The page was indexed by telpages.com in 3 days and other major search engines picked it up in 5-6 days.

hideout.mytown.tel is a single page in mytown.tel domain. NOT linked internally
    Similarly, any tel domain can have 2999 single tel pages without linking to one another.

We plan to produce at least half a million similar pages within the next few weeks.
    This process is already underway.

Every single tel page we produce for rental (for communication contact records ONLY) will pave the way for three new tel registrations. For instance, hideout.mytown.tel is a unique single tel page.
    It gives an idea for others to register single page "hideoutmytown.tel", "hideout-mytown.tel" and also "hideout.tel" (All the regs can have Title "Hideout Mytown" - good option for SEO.)

Our aim is to target all possible smartphone users.
    Not very much interested in Desktops as very few use them for communication.

++++

Will give more info by end of this month and again by mid June.

Cheers!

P.S. I am sorry. Some members, except two I guess, may have already misunderstood my statement at the beginning and jumped into their own conclusions.

TELcp05-19-2012 04:57 PM

Well, it is not the price of the tel registration or the rental/lease price of a sub domain that matter to a new comer.
    It is what they see in the tel pages what matters?
    If you want the tel to be successful please try to display all tel pages as places for communication. NOT stuffed with multiple Ads and Affiliate links.

We will leave TELcp at www.telcp.com as it is.
    But or new web application, planned to be released by mid June, will be strictly for contact records ONLY.

Cheers!

tindaya05-19-2012 05:15 PM

but, for example 7seas.mytown.tel , where you put the data of that contact?
    in thr root or subdomain?

maximka05-19-2012 05:27 PM

tony mayo05-19-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23860)
    The best way is then owner of TEL will decide what is better for him - to put to his TEL a lot of Ads, only few of them or to put any. When somebody else will begin to decide what is better for other people, the results of such politics usually are very poor. :) 

Also - we are not Telnic. So why we need to pay our money out just for fun of bringing Telnic to success, and to refuse from possibilities (from Ads and etc.) to get some profit for us from our invested (or wasted) money?

[size]
    Agree. Well said.[/size]

TELcp05-19-2012 05:34 PM

@Tindaya

As I said in the last post, we will publish more info later.

With regards to 7seas.mytown.tel, the folder "7seas" is created as a hidden folder in the ROOT. But it is a linked "folder".

hideout.mytown is also a hidden folder in the ROOT but not linked.
    In fact, the link to the folder "hideout" is provided from a secondary tel domain which is visited regularly by major search engines. This secondary tel domain can have 300,000 similar links to you premium tel domains. All sub domains in your premium domain behave as single page domains (except for the "." between two words).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

TELcp05-19-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

The best way is then owner of TEL will decide what is better for him - to put to his TEL a lot of Ads, only few of them or to put any. When somebody else will begin to decide what is better for other people, the results of such politics usually are very poor.

[size]
    Of course, it is up to the owner to decide.
    This is only a suggestion based on what has happened already.
    At least NOT to repeat in the future.

Quote:
    [/size]

Also - we are not Telnic. So why we need to pay our money out just for fun of bringing Telnic to success, and to refuse from possibilities (from Ads and etc.) to get some profit for us from our invested (or wasted) money?

[size]
    Telnic or whoever owns the .tel TLD has to be successful.
    Our success is based on that.[/size]

tony mayo05-19-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 23862)
    @Tindaya

As I said in the last post, we will publish more info later.

With regards to 7seas.mytown.tel, the folder "7seas" is created as a hidden folder in the ROOT. But it is a linked "folder".

hideout.mytown is also a hidden folder in the ROOT but not linked.
    In fact, the link to the folder "hideout" is provided from a secondary tel domain which is visited regularly by major search engines. This secondary tel domain can have 300,000 similar links to you premium tel domains. All sub domains in your premium domain behave as single page domains (except for the "." between two words).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

[size]
    Looking forward to hearing more about this method and how we can all make money from it. 
    In the meantime, good luck with your work. 
    Maybe you've found the magic sauce![/size]

TELcp05-19-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 23864)
    Looking forward to hearing more about this method and how we can all make money from it. 
    In the meantime, good luck with your work. 
    Maybe you've found the magic sauce!

[size]
    I am fully aware of your directories.
    With all of them you stand a very good chance of making good money.
    All you will need is little bit of marketing automatically through your own sub domains or otherwise.

But you will need the sub domain structure similar to what we described for mytown.tel

:cool:[/size]

maximka05-19-2012 05:57 PM

tony mayo05-19-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 23866)
    IBut you will need the sub domain structure similar to what we described for mytown.tel:cool:

[size]
    I'm not sure how that would work, but I am certainly looking forward to hearing details about the hideout.mytown.tel development.
    Like everyone else here I am open to new ideas and ways of monetizing my domains.[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Dream has come true Empty Re: .tel Dream has come true

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:02 am

TELcp05-19-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23867)
    Please, do not take my words as offence, but from your posts I get an impression that business interests of Telnames are very important for you. Hope that they do not pay you money for propagating their interests here.

[size]
    There, you have got me wrong again.

The name 'tel names" was quoted for an example only.
    You don't have to buy anything from telnames.
    You can buy your domains from any other registrar of your choice
    You can even have your own reseller program through any registrar who provides that service.

All we need to to do is to make the tel tld popular & successful.
    We should not be interested in who makes most or who loses most.
    So, one needs to find his/her own way and choose to be successful (in .tel domains business) or not to.

Thanks for your feedback.

:cool:[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 23854)

We plan to produce at least half a million similar pages within the next few weeks.
    This process is already underway.

Every single tel page we produce for rental (for communication contact records ONLY) will pave the way for three new tel registrations. For instance, hideout.mytown.tel is a unique single tel page.

[size]
    This will truly be interesting to watch its success.
    Mark[/size]

can05-19-2012 09:44 PM

No examples support this.

supercyberheroes05-19-2012 11:22 PM

This forum is getting interesting again: Mark came with a fantastic idea (telvision), and now TELcp with another one, I know we have to wait another month for TELcp out come, but its what I think will be great, but what I am picking up is this: I am the owner of books.tel with 2999 sub-domains or folder that will be like 2999 single page. So, the book supercyberheroes.books.tel will be a folder as a single page instead of a link folder to books.tel
    Hope will be like that so, because will be perfect to build directories, or call services

http://supercyberheroes.tel

boracay.tel05-20-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 23879)
    This forum is getting interesting again: Mark came with a fantastic idea (telvision), and now TELcp with another one, I know we have to wait another month for TELcp out come, but its what I think will be great, but what I am picking up is this: I am the owner of books.tel with 2999 sub-domains or folder that will be like 2999 single page. So, the book supercyberheroes.books.tel will be a folder as a single page instead of a link folder to books.tel
    Hope will be like that so, because will be perfect to build directories, or call services

[size]
    So what's so new about this. 
    In case you missed it about 2 years back, the CTH is almost useless to work with for more than a few hundred single pages at ROOT level. get the fastest computer money can buy.

another one, make sure you populate every single page immediately on creation ie no place holders, otherwise google will BAN the lot for looking to SIMILAR. Keywords crushed for an eternity
    Lesssons learned a long time ago
    Mark will remember too.
    may 09 was it?[/size]

boracay.tel05-20-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 23879)
    This forum is getting interesting again: Mark came with a fantastic idea (telvision)

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 23849)
    Mark's fantastic Telmaster tools have helped hugely in keeping this idea alive.

I too would like to appeal to Telnic to make the new templates and other features discussed many times on this form available forthwith so that we can all work together as a community dedicated to making this business a global giant.

[size]
    I'll add in here too, Justin if possible please give us an update prior to the newsletter.
    Are we close to releasing the design templates?[/size]

TELcp05-23-2012 02:28 PM

We will be publishing more info on this either on 6th or 7th of June, NOT by end of May as mentioned earlier.

Thank you.

:cool::)

P.S. By June 6th we should be able to show you examples (out of around 500,000 "single page like" sub domains).

TELcp06-08-2012 08:47 AM

We have already completed creating approx. 520,000+ "single page like" sub domains, for rental purposes, involving 245 tel domains.

These pages have not been indexed by telpages.com or other search engines up to now.

Will update this thread next week with more details.

++++

dottel.net06-08-2012 09:16 AM

fyi - without much unique content on each 'page' they have little chance of being indexed (or if indexed, ranking even remotely high for long tail for any length of time) by google.

that's one of the reasons we pulled back from pre-creating these pages on our domains until there was content ready.

boracay.tel06-08-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 24368)
    fyi - without much unique content on each 'page' they have little chance of being indexed (or if indexed, ranking even remotely high for long tail for any length of time) by google.

that's one of the reasons we pulled back from pre-creating these pages on our domains until there was content ready.

[size]
    Exactly. Do NOT build out a directory with placeholder pages or pages looking too similar. If you create a page then you better have some unique content to put in it or google will crush you.[/size]

TELcp06-08-2012 09:57 AM

@dottel.net & @Borracay

Thanks for the comment. Appreciate it.
    Fully aware of G's algos and behaviours.

Well, we have more interest in telpages.com and similar exclusive search engines.
    Our projects are not really intended for the present or the near future.

We look forward to year 2015 and beyond.

++++

TELcp06-08-2012 10:10 AM

In fact we waited for 3 years to build up reasonably strong portfolios (of tel domains) of our interest in different fields. So, we picked up as many tel domains as we can during the Drop period. 
    Waiting for another 2 years to make them popular is part of our project.

Anything coming before that will be a bonus.

Let's see how it goes.

:cool:

tony mayo06-08-2012 09:36 PM

@TELcp 
    I wish you the very best of luck with your project and look forward to reading more about it.

It is developers like yourself, Mark and dottel.net who are keeping this domain alive and giving us all hope for it future success.

dutchstreetdog06-09-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 24392)
    It is developers like yourself, Mark and dottel.net who are keeping this domain alive and giving us all hope for it future success.

[size]
    That shure helps alot, same feelings here !!!![/size]

supercyberheroes06-09-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 24392)
    @TELcp 
    I wish you the very best of luck with your project and look forward to reading more about it.

[size]
    You are 1 billion % right, and mikesaton as well but he is not here anymore.

http://supercyberheroes.tel[/size]

Cees06-11-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 24415)
    You are 1 billion % right, and mikesaton as well but he is not here anymore.

[size]
    Hi,
    Mike is still buying though.[/size]

TELcp06-17-2012 04:14 PM

Just noticed today that telpages.com have started picking up "single page like" .tel pages (hidden and crawled through another .tel domain) from our directory structure.

http://d1.telpages.com/result.action?search=alston.tel

http://d0.webproxy.nic.tel/search/al...ton/alston.tel

dutchstreetdog06-17-2012 04:31 PM

@telcp
    Okay yeahhhh
    And for the non tecnical tel users
    What those that mean ?

TELcp06-17-2012 04:57 PM

We have not yet completed our project.
    Just started.

++++

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 12:14 am