The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

I have a dream too...

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

I have a dream too... Empty I have a dream too...

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:48 am

telepass09-11-2009 05:34 AM

I have a dream too...

September 2010. Telnic looks at the sales results and realizes the product penetration isn't what it should be. Product managers think maybe they should listen more closely to average Joe's and the business and marketing community.

They organize customer focus groups and meetings with advertising agencies, entrepreneurs, and people which are not in the domaining industry. They decide they can take steps to make sure the product fills the needs of this community too.

Result is a user interface that is both hyper user friendly (think google.com) and a management / publishing tool that is sophisticated enough to show a visually interesting version of the .tel depending on the device while keeping the core qualities of the product. Crappy phones show the bare bones data while modern / smart phones and web proxy can convey the company's branding.

Telnic also explores technological matches with players such as Asterisk to launch modules such as automated directory publishing and dynamic maintenance of large corporate directories. The .tel data would be updated instantly to provide alternative contact infos when someone's phone is busy or someone's email box is full. The .tel becomes a live dispatcher of communication channels and people can be in contact with someone faster because it dynamically prioritizes contact display based on availability and the channel the customer is using (talk, text, IM or video call etc).

Large, image-concious companies look at this and say 'this thing is useful for our clients, saves us money and now we can use this as we can put our brand there (also, our clients will be more confident they are dealing with us and not with some hacker). Let's ask our advertising agency to produce some material we can use there and find an interesting way to advertise it.

So we start to see huge companies like Virgin, HSBC investing millions in, not only developing their global .tel strategy but in advertising their .tel. and creating crazy concepts like interactive games using .tel's so people can play using their phones and atract the younger generation of clients. .tel becomes cool

This gives .tel a fantastic push, as average Joe's everywhere on Earth see .tels and start using em by millions. They see .tel's on their ATM card to reach the closest HSBC's branch for their next mortgage and they can start an IVVR session with a mortgage consultant which is available to chat right away.

Google sees this and gives a push to .tels in mobile search results because those .tels are now really useful and users think it's really cool too. All real estate agents,doctors, taxi, hotels have their .tel. Some of them don't even think about a website anymore.

Telnic even provides a tool where you can dynamically generate .tel directories just by typing keywords on a search box e.g. 'california nose job surgeons' and there you go, you have californianosejobsurgeons.tel all populated and you can make the surgeons bid for premium placements, pay for enhancements to their listing etc.

Early .tel investors, Telnic employees, members of this forum and domainers get all filthy rich

tony mayo09-11-2009 09:55 AM

Telepass I found your post riveting reading.
    As one of the 'average Joe's' who invested in .tel because I was immediately struck by its uniqueness and relevance to a mobile computing world, I would love to see the many very interesting suggestions you raised teased out by those more knowledgeable than me. 
    .Tel is taking an awful hammering on one forum in particular which is beginning to affect the morale of many investors - and worse still potential investors.
    I think the Telnic team are doing a fine job in responding to suggestions for improvements to the product and maybe much of what you propose is in Telnic's long-term plans for .tel. However, we have to accept that like any business in a cut-throat market-place, they have to play their cards close to their chest and are not going to start ticking boxes that may involve major business deals at this stage.
    However, I for one sincerely hope ALL your .tel dreams come true!.

dotteler09-11-2009 03:47 PM

This is a much more constructive angle on stating opinions about the state of .tel.

Believe me, I'm not anywhere near 100% satisfied with what is possible, or how hard it is to get traction with .tel sales.

I simply find it detracting to constantly state the entire 'drawback' to selling .tel is not having the customer logo there.

Even namepros is seeng some positive posts about .tel SEO and monetizing with pay-per-call.

I just hate this forum becoming namepros jr.

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 12:36 am