The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

PHOTO based tweet to .tel tool

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

PHOTO based tweet to .tel tool Empty PHOTO based tweet to .tel tool

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:27 pm

boracay.tel06-20-2011 04:48 AM

PHOTO based tweet to .tel tool

(iOS5 on iphone has a very new, cool, tool)
    its a 1 touch function that tweets pictures from the camera directly into your twitter feed...
    (together with location data) 

So my question to the twitter-feed crowd?
    what is the current best tool to use that automatically feeds data into .tels? 
    I would like/need the tweeted information (and photo) to be shown in 2 seperate locations.

1. show updated tweet data one after the other, in an "updates.boracay.tel" page (and each tweet SHOULD have a link to the actual new resorts page eg."a-new-resort.boracay.tel" 
    is that possible???

2. on the updates.boracay.tel page, replace an EXISTING imageAd with the latest newer twitter feed's associated PHOTO! (this photo/imageAd should be able to click thru to the "a-new-resort.boracay.tel")
    ... that would be awesome.

2. on the homepage boracay.tel (in the text ads "info" type field, ie box shown at bottom right) 
    ... automatically edit/replace a SINGLE existing ad with newer data (this would happen about once a week) 
    ...and linking to updates.boracay.tel

thanks in advance

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-20-2011 12:50 PM

@borocay:

All three functions could be created. 

1. The Twitter updates could possibly be integrated into the Feed My Tel tool. Currently it links back to the originating twitter account. To link to a specific site would require the tool to parse a link out of the tweet. 

2 & 3. Same as above. Add an option to Feed My Tool to insert/replace Ad records. 

If there are others interested in this, I'll look into providing these extensions to FMT in August, as I am away most of July.

Mark

boracay.tel06-20-2011 01:04 PM

thanks mark.
    i just bought your tool, and will try to get it to work for me.
    be really great to have it modified to get the photos direct from my camera, straight to .tel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-20-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15544)
    be really great to have it modified to get the photos direct from my camera, straight to .tel

[size]
    That's a firmware function on your camera so cant do tel.

A few months ago I was going to write @pic2tel app and for some unknown reason that Twitter account for the app got suspended and never got around to writing it.

Henri wrote the www.twitter.com/2tel app about two years ago to update tel status. Perhaps he can upgrade it to support pic to tel or ads to tel before I get around to updating Feed My Tel.

Mark[/size]

henri06-20-2011 03:49 PM

As soon as storing picts in the telhosting is available I'll update My.tel to take a pict and store it in the .tel.
    As for the twitter 2tel thing, I've got it working with OAuth for testing, and should productize it soonish. The problem is that Twitter has very restrictive API throttling so that's just not viable as a global (for any .tel owner) update mechanism.
    But any dev could add a twitter "listener" and implement their own version of updates via twitter for their clients.

boracay.tel06-21-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15558)
    As soon as storing picts in the telhosting is available I'll update My.tel to take a pict and store it in the .tel.

[size]
    nice.
    So...if i understand your comment correctly:

1. my.tel will be using the camera API directly? 
    (I assume will also be able to access previous pictures from the existing albums on the phone). And please allow the location data (of the photo) to be added/override/replace the associated .tel record being worked on

2. "storing picts in the telhosting" - that means references ONLY right? ie references to hosted photos stored elsewhere right?

thanks[/size]

henri06-21-2011 03:37 PM

1. Yes, My.tel will be using the camera API directly, or at least the ability to choose from the existing albums on the phone.
    You want to override the location data with the photo's location data? What good would that do? (assuming I can get it) Just wondering.

2. With the upcoming v3 of Telhosting you'll be able to store in the telhosting itself a photo which can then be referenced in the .tel. That will save you from having to upload the pict to a 3rd party, and would give you an API call to change the photo for your .tel.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-21-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15590)

2. With the upcoming v3 of Telhosting you'll be able to store in the telhosting itself a photo which can then be referenced in the .tel. That will save you from having to upload the pict to a 3rd party, and would give you an API call to change the photo for your .tel.

[size]
    Henri, any Soap specs for that yet and other new features, eg vouchers? Would like to plan for it in advance,
    Thx
    Mark[/size]

henri06-21-2011 05:04 PM

Sorry, I was mistaken. Been doing too much lately and messed up my last post.
    What I'll try to do in My.tel is use a 3rd party file uploader to push images in there so they can be referenced by your .tel.
    And it will use the camera/photos API to grab the image.

boracay.tel06-21-2011 05:18 PM

Ah huh.
    Scrap that. Edit. Cheers

In that case then....

1. Because I have about 1000 or more subdomains with horribly inaccurate "rough" location data, due to the miserable low resolution google service showing our beloved boracay. (see other thread about community hoping for ALTERNATIVE/choice of mapping engine)....remember when you killed of openstreetmaps in my.tel? There went our visual map source of accurate location data! Sigh...

.....anyways.... Well, I am prepared to spend many weeks taking new photos with on the spot accurate data, and it would be fantastic to be able to update to the 1000 or so existing subdomains/hotels easily all within my.tel (both the reference to the 3rd party uploaded photo AND the geo location data at the same time)

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 8:28 am