The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2011 Q2 Roadmap Releases

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

2011 Q2 Roadmap Releases Empty 2011 Q2 Roadmap Releases

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:50 pm

mikeseaton07-01-2011 01:21 PM

2011 Q2 Roadmap Releases

As 2011 Q2 finished yesterday, just wondered what the situation is with the software updates (see Roadmap) which were due to be released in Q2?

1. Google Adsense for mobiles - Rendering adverts on smartphone devices

2. Customization of .tel pages - Simpler and more diverse template options for your unique .tel feel

3. Free calls - Easy "call me for free" button on .tel pages for VoIP service integration

4. Control panel redesign - More intuitive control panel with easier access to frequently used tasks 

5. Folder management - Easier navigation and management of folders within the control panel

6. TelAds and vouchers - Managing advertisements within the control panel, including image adverts

7. Privacy and friending - Much simplified model for private data sharing

8. Profiles - Improved management of profiles for quickly switching between preset views of your .tel

Telnic, could we please have an update re these 8 outstanding items?.

Thanks, Mike Seaton

ynp07-01-2011 06:52 PM

I would love an update on the above 8 topics, thanks for bringing that to the forum Mike.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-01-2011 07:12 PM

Why has the roadmap page has been removed from the Telnic site?
    Mark

Leskovac07-01-2011 08:31 PM

roadmap has been removed.

TELcp07-02-2011 12:43 PM

We noticed this, but then thought Telnic would post an updated roadmap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15948)
    Telnic, could we please have an update re these 8 outstanding items?.
    Thanks, Mike Seaton

[size]
    Yes, everyone is waiting for this.

Regards[/size]

dottel.net07-02-2011 01:08 PM

we know telnic are looking to hire two developers so perhaps in light of this the timelines probably need to be extended. hiring the right resource takes time and effort. The lack of response to various thread posts suggesting they 'outsource' some of the development to a third party would indicate they want the expertise in house so we'll just have to wait and see.....

lewisrx07-02-2011 04:19 PM

There is also no update.
    http://telnic.org/newsletters/

TELcp07-02-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewisrx (Post 15977)
    There is also no update.
    http://telnic.org/newsletters/

[size]
    Newsletter moving to quarterly editions. See here.

Cheers![/size]

marimax07-04-2011 06:46 AM

Another good news.
    Why don't they make it a yearly edition

Kilynn07-04-2011 05:28 PM

The main problem for a long time is that Telnic has lagged behind on development. We should have more temples already. TelChina was made after the main Telnic, yet they have all these cool themes. Themes set us apart from the pack and though we all want .tel to win ultimately, the way Tel wins is we win.

I don't even see any Tel adverts on Youtube, when some low budget affair once a month would capture the imagination of people and get Telnic and our domains into the public eye, to become not just a eccentric domain, but a household and business known domain.

IDK how TelChina customers have their domain tools, but i can bet they are more advanced that what we have. Is there no way to make a deal with them to share technology? It has gotten to where I know I and my fiance` Bunjie feel like we've bet on a loosing horse even when we know its a good horse. Its ok to start slow out of the gate, but its been held back so long, we are way past just doubt it can catch up.

Kilynn,
    who hopes the horse is not past saving, cause it feels like it has at least one broken leg.

telrific07-04-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilynn (Post 16005)
    The main problem for a long time is that Telnic has lagged behind on development. We should have more temples already. TelChina was made after the main Telnic, yet they have all these cool themes. Themes set us apart from the pack and though we all want .tel to win ultimately, the way Tel wins is we win.

I don't even see any Tel adverts on Youtube, when some low budget affair once a month would capture the imagination of people and get Telnic and our domains into the public eye, to become not just a eccentric domain, but a household and business known domain.

IDK how TelChina customers have their domain tools, but i can bet they are more advanced that what we have. Is there no way to make a deal with them to share technology? It has gotten to where I know I and my fiance` Bunjie feel like we've bet on a loosing horse even when we know its a good horse. Its ok to start slow out of the gate, but its been held back so long, we are way past just doubt it can catch up.

Kilynn,
    who hopes the horse is not past saving, cause it feels like it has at least one broken leg.

[size]
    Well, one thing is for certain, you are not alone !

Welcome to the club.

:([/size]

Simon G07-04-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

I don't mind if the development takes a little bit longer.

[size]
    Agreed, in all fairness how many projects actually run to schedule? It is more important that the work is carried out correctly and functions as required
    However

From an outsiders perspective it looks like .tel is lagging,
    recent examples of this would be 
    1 - the Q2 roadmap fiasco, instead of a response on page or updating the roadmap it was simply taken down leaving a dead link. 
    2 - not updating telnic.tel (why have a telnic.tel if its not going to be kept up to date? Ie http://promotions.telnic.tel/ still provides a link to the monthly(??) newsletter and a link to the deadlink in example 1
    3 - Registrars loosing interest, few advertised 2 character .tels and when I tried to order a LL.tel (during the first landrush)using the link on the telnic.org site it took me through to a registrar who was not offering the preorder. The registrar had explained this was a issue on the telnic side which had not been fixed.

Its very easy to pick holes in something without looking at the positive side. Therefore Recently and Notable Milestones are .tel are getting more interest from directory type businesses, such as in Egypt, Marktplatz Mittelstand so congratulations on this these telnic.
    Perhaps another notable point for telnic which is not included in any roadmap is that up till now communication/feedback with the general public has been good. Hopefully this continues.

Slightly of topic but for a suggestion I think Kilynns suggestion is spot on.

Quote:
    [/size]

share technology?

[size]
    not sure precisely how telchina is affiliated with telnic, but even if the tech was shared for registrars (name,domainmonster etc) outside of china in return telchina could get cheaper .tels? It seems registrars are not getting enough interest to be looking to actively developing there own cth type packages. There is not even another registrar that I can see that offers an integrated email solution like digitrad. The best alternative is name.coms/google app tie in.[/size]

ynp07-04-2011 09:26 PM

Kilynn I remember finding those .tel videos on dottel.tv and then one day dottel.tv was gone, and then it was available so I purchased it, I cannot remember who owned it, but I thought it was pretty good and definitely part of what drew me into .tel, does anyone else remember dottel.tv and did you enjoy the videos? and where did they go?

dottel.net07-04-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynp (Post 16015)
    Kilynn I remember finding those .tel videos on dottel.tv and then one day dottel.tv was gone, and then it was available so I purchased it, I cannot remember who owned it, but I thought it was pretty good and definitely part of what drew me into .tel, does anyone else remember dottel.tv and did you enjoy the videos? and where did they go?

[size]
    believe the dottel.tv owner is still on this forum and posts sometimes.

if memory serves me his id was igo.tel?[/size]

GoBigCity07-05-2011 04:44 PM

Aled?

The natives are getting restless. Any comments from Telnic?

Leskovac07-05-2011 05:51 PM

This Page Could Not Be Found 
    Incredibly, still no answer!

mikeseaton07-08-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

As 2011 Q2 finished yesterday, just wondered what the situation is with the software updates (see Roadmap) which were due to be released in Q2?
    Mike Seaton

[size]
    As it's been a week now since the above post, any chance of a revised Roadmap being published Friday 8/7 so we all know where we stand re the .tel developments?

Thanks, Mike Seaton[/size]

TELcp07-08-2011 03:40 AM

Hopefully an early release of the revised Roadmap (for all 8 outstanding items) would be very much appreciated.
    As developers and .tel based service providers we need to know what is on the agenda next. The Roadmap was the only guide for us. Without that we are unable to move forward.

Not only the revised edition but also it's implementation is equally important.

Thank you.

tel4rent07-08-2011 08:13 AM

Agree!!! we need to see something related to the road map...

mikeseaton07-13-2011 02:57 PM

Has the Roadmap gone for good?

It's been returning a "Page Not Found" message for 12 days now!

Mike Seaton
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

2011 Q2 Roadmap Releases Empty Re: 2011 Q2 Roadmap Releases

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:51 pm

GoBigCity07-13-2011 03:13 PM

Turn out the lights.....the party's over

dialaroom07-13-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigCity (Post 16227)
    Turn out the lights.....the party's over

[size]
    Prefer some of your other T-shirt slogans[/size]

Leskovac07-13-2011 04:21 PM

Irresponsibility and many other words that must not mention :mad:

mikeseaton08-10-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Mike Seaton

[size]
    It does appear as if the Roadmap has been permanently removed from Telnic's site since it is over 5 weeks since it started being a "page not found".

I have removed the link from http://dot-tel.mikeseaton.tel so as not to create a bad impression to potential .tel owners.

It would be helpful to .tel software developers and investors to be advised why it was removed, with an indication of whether it will be re-instated in the future.

Telnic ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

marimax08-11-2011 06:18 AM

It does not look good.
    There was a section on namepros.com for .tel discussion and it looks like it's gone or I can not find it anymore. Even name.com pushed .tel registrations to the back and it is difficult to find it now.
    I wonder if it's time to stop populating .tel domains until we hear anything from Telnic

dottel.net08-11-2011 09:01 AM

here you go:
    http://www.namepros.com/561820-the-o...hread-280.html

although its not really much of a discussion thread anymore.....

Simon G08-11-2011 12:31 PM

hopefully information will be in the next newsletter come september

mikeseaton10-18-2011 02:08 PM

I understand from another thread why Telnic felt they had to temporarily remove the roadmap, but it is now over 3 months since the 1st July removal !

Surely the review of priorities and resources should have been able to be completed within this 3-month period ?

Mike Seaton

dutchstreetdog10-18-2011 08:20 PM

Well today my hostingprovider called mi
    (because the now i am not easy, And have a good amount of dottells)
    to tell mi that the launced a new website and didnt integrate Dottel !!!!!
    I whas a little bit in shock hearing this news!
    The told mi that the keep hosting this domains but tread it like rare tropical domains?!!
    And if i want to check if somthing is free, i must look for another website!
    Strange story And a bit scarry!

dutchstreetdog10-18-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18519)
    @dutchstreetdog 

Sad story!

It seems there are more people out there who expected .tel will become more successful than it is now!

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18519)
    @dutchstreetdog 

Sad story!

It seems there are more people out there who expected .tel will become more successful than it is now!

[size]
    Yes jens a whole forum fuel!
    But i am shure Dottel will sucseed!
    It have mi hooked, i love it when my urls pop up between the big boys!
    And being able to have your own "website" with 3000 pages for €10 is GREAT!
    And its so easy to build, And so compact and efficiënt!
    I am shure all the ingridients are here for sucses!
    Onley NOBODY nows about Dottel, Thats the big problem i think!
    Somtimes, no, All the time i tel people about Dottel and the look at mi as the see a ghost
    TELNIC NEED A BREAK Onley one good domain with big sucses will do the trick 
    But i believe i believe i believe and it will it will it will HAPPEN
    Its not for nothing DUTCHSTREETDOG is arround ![/size]

daytonac10-19-2011 10:24 AM

hi guys just thought i'd add my 5c worth, as noone has 2c anymore, anyways, over the last 2 years i have loved the buzz surrounding dot.tels, i being a new domainer, bought about 300 dot.tels, hell i even got business cards made, but as time came over to renew 1st time round, i renewed about 50-75, second time round, maybe 25, and bought about 10 xx.tels, the reason i'm telling you this is that i have decided 3rd time round, unless things take off i will renew a select few, then i guess wait for the biggest landrush of a already available domain extension in history.

cheers andre'
    no4.tel, no4.co

maximka10-19-2011 06:35 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

maximka10-19-2011 08:21 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

Simon G10-19-2011 09:30 PM

Telnic have set out objectives in the latest newsletter, while it would be nice to see some synchronicity between the newsletter and the roadmap I will accept evidence of one is as good as updating the other.
    The management of information with telnics resources does not seem to have much structure or timing. Slightly of topic but for example telnic.tel still advertises "General Availability for short and numeric-only .tel names begins tomorrow" on the ad.

mikeseaton10-20-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 18557)
    ...telnic.tel still advertises "General Availability for short and numeric-only .tel names begins tomorrow" on the ad.

[size]
    Aled, can this please be removed, .tel is all about communicating up-to-date information but this text on http://telnic.tel refers to an event "tomorrow" that completed over 4 months ago !

Thanks, Mike Seaton[/size]

Simon G10-21-2011 05:34 PM

Thanks Mike, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this is poor form.
    The way the Internet is if I go on to a site and see out of date information I doubt the quality of product they are selling. Whether it is an actual product or information provided. To see this on the landing page of the company's product(.tel) is shameful.
    It makes me wonder do telnic actually use or believe in the product? When there is actually no system in place to update information on the registrys own .tel

Telnic staff as people who work and live on the internet what would you think if you came across this as an outsider? would you think this is a well run company i want to buy there product..

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-21-2011 05:40 PM

You'd think somebody at Telnic would take the initiative and remove the advert by now without requiring permission to remove it? It's been a couple of days since it was reported. No developer needed
    Mark

Simon G10-21-2011 05:46 PM

Thankyou

Simon G10-21-2011 07:10 PM

Thankyou

mikeseaton11-26-2011 08:43 PM

Is the Roadmap gone for good ?

It's nearly 5 months since it was removed on 1 July 2011 !

I, and many others no doubt, found it very useful to know which enhancements were planned and approximately when.

I know some info can be found in the .telegraph quarterly newsletter, but it's much better to have the planned developments listed on a page easily accessible, and linkable to, like it was.

What's wrong with making it easy for domain investors and software developers to know what's going on ?

Keeping your "ecosystem" informed and involved is what companies like Apple do so well - probably helped in making them the second largest company in the world !

Any chance Telnic of bringing the Roadmap back sooner rather than later ?

Mike Seaton
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:51 pm

TELcp11-27-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19244)
    What's wrong with making it easy for domain investors and software developers to know what's going on ?
    Keeping your "ecosystem" informed and involved is what companies like Apple do so well - probably helped in making them the second largest company in the world !

[size]
    Yes, the roadmap is very important.
    But now, its like a ship without a rudder.[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 5:58 am