The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Empty TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:53 pm

View Poll Results: Do you see the value of a TELmercial over traditional advertising ?
    YesTELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Bar2-lTELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Bar2TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Bar2-rTELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Clear872.73%
    NoTELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Bar3-lTELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Bar3TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Bar3-rTELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Clear327.27%
    Voters: 11.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Empty Re: TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising

telrific12-08-2011 12:39 PM

TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising

I wanted to present something to see if Advertisers recognize the global potential for .tel TELmercials.

Millions of Businesses around the World use traditional advertising, and have Websites.
    Most do not have a Mobile Presence or a good Advertisement that can lead their Business.

Please view the following link, participate in the poll, and provide feedback if you would.

http://value.telmercial.com

The video might use something spoken of previously on this forum and shown at:

http://videobar.telmercial.com

Thank you.

unlocktel12-08-2011 12:58 PM

i think dot tel is not user friendly they need to rethink it all again.
    i was once on tel newsletter with unlock.tel but had to take it down double quick it was to clunky to update i use something else now.
    i bet i was the first shop in the uk to try it and have a sign made.so i know it don't work
    but saying all that i still pop on here from time to time to see if they can change it and i do think if they do it could work the ideas ok

telrific12-08-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19548)
    i think dot tel is not user friendly they need to rethink it all again.
    i was once on tel newsletter with unlock.tel but had to take it down double quick it was to clunky to update i use something else now.
    i bet i was the first shop in the uk to try it and have a sign made.so i know it don't work
    but saying all that i still pop on here from time to time to see if they can change it and i do think if they do it could work the ideas ok

[size]
    Others have made similar statements, the new Control Panel should help.

But do you see how having the ability to view and contact immediately is an advantage ?

Suppose .TEL was easy-to-manage, do you see how a TELmercial has the potential to beat traditional listings and ads ?

Thanks.[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 02:02 PM

But do you see how having the ability to view and contact immediately is an advantage ?
    i can do this now with my iphone 

Suppose .TEL was easy-to-manage, do you see how a TELmercial has the potential to beat traditional listings and ads......yes...if they don't sort this out i will stop using my dot tels maybe this is why lots of tels have no content

telrific12-08-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19551)
    i can do this now with my iphone

[size]
    So, you have something you use, or see others using, that is a TV style video commercial, with the immediate ability to call, click, or visit right next to it across many devices ?

Can you show me where this is, or did you just mean "view and click" in general, not as a commercial video advertisement ?

Thanks.[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 02:18 PM

view and click ....i got into dot tel because i got a phone shop really and i cant build web sites very good in a way i bet dot tel was created for people like me.
    i find the note pad is handy for work ...i do use it as a what to do type thing.something it was not realty made for.like google docs

telrific12-08-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19554)
    view and click ....i got into dot tel because i got a phone shop realy

[size]
    That makes sense, I think Telnic is happy to have mobile phone shop owners involved !

As for TV Commercial style listings, the closest I see is like a Yellowbook listing:

Sample Listing

A TelPage is a better listing, and a TELmercial added makes it much better all around.

Also, lower cost, self-managed, all devices.

TELmercial on .TEL pages is much better than traditional Listings.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-08-2011 03:14 PM

If we could get iframes supported by Telnic, then http://borderless.telmercial.com/ would work on a .tel directly.
    Mark

telrific12-08-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19558)
    If we could get iframes supported by Telnic, then http://borderless.telmercial.com/ would work on a .tel directly.
    Mark

[size]
    Yes, I have found those who like all versions; embedded interface is the goal of course.

:)[/size]

telrific12-08-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 19561)
    If Telnic would allow implementing iFrames, suddenly all criticism from a lot of people would disappear, because that is almost everything somebody needs to make his .tel domain attractive (including videos).

[size]
    Yes, I think video is very key too.

It represents the pinnacle of advertising and is obviously the choice of visitors most often.

The only reason that I am pushing the "TELmercial" as a name, is because .TEL needs more exposure, and
    using other terms is just another video ad.

Putting it together and pushing it as an advanced advertising and conversion tool,
    with a .TEL inherently in the name, makes for a viral combination that would get more registrations globally.

Over 1,100 tlds and growing, .TEL needs to put itself in front with combos like the TELmercial value page shows.[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 06:21 PM

Hi

No offence but the name TELmercial is poor

telrific12-08-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19565)
    No offence but the name TELmercial is poor

[size]
    Most like it, some don't, the point is that it is simple, effective, and something many people are familiar with as a concept:

A. The pinnacle of advertising is the 30 second TV Commercial
    B. TEL and telephone reference to .TEL is obvious
    C. Livemercial is already famous for Billions in revenue generation

It is something that sticks and makes sense, also promotes the .TEL domain name.

Consider the booming mobile device market, poor is not really applicable to the phrase ultimately.

Remember this ?

;)[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 06:54 PM

Ok

I watched the video but not to the end..
    I do tend to skip more on the net adds and news
    How many more do this.
    Tv is the best media still for me.

telrific12-08-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19567)
    I watched the video but not to the end..
    I do tend to skip more on the net adds and news
    How many more do this.
    Tv is the best media still for me.

[size]
    Yes, that is a looong video, but the end talks about how by 2020 the mobile device
    will be the primary internet tool.

Putting millions of TELmercials out there for Advertisers on millions of .TEL domains would be a good thing, yes ?

(And the TELmercials would have to be 30 seconds there too ! )

:cool:[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 07:35 PM

Yes we agree on something lol 
    And a buy now button sorted

telrific12-08-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 19568)
    ... Putting millions of TELmercials out there for Advertisers on millions of .TEL domains would be a good thing, yes ? ...

[size]
    Oh, here's something else to remember on the TELmercial name, Google it !

unlocktel12-08-2011 08:56 PM

I did ....I wish you luck with it.yes you need video then you have something to show with out it you have very little
    Good luck!

telrific12-08-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19574)
    I did ....I wish you luck with it.yes you need video then you have something to show with out it you have very little
    Good luck!

[size]
    Thank you, Video certainly makes a difference in the minds of many, definitely helps .tel ...[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 09:46 PM

But

But dot tv is for video but dot tel is not
    You would not think you would see a video on a dot tel.

telrific12-08-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19577)
    But dot tv is for video but dot tel is not
    You would not think you would see a video on a dot tel.

[size]
    I see video on 1,100+ tlds, except .tel

I see video on millions of telephone book listings online, yellow pages, etc.

I would expect to see video on .tel and it would be the best place for it
    because you could act on it immediately, something you can't do
    with TV, Radio, Print, Magazines, and even other tlds who don't have
    a mobile website that is friendly to smartphones.

;)[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising Empty Re: TELmercial vs. Traditional Advertising

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-08-2011 11:05 PM

Agree, this is a current limitation of .tel - hope it is resolved through either iframes or direct video support. Video is a very important message format. Why should we not be able to have it on our domains?
    Mark

supercyberheroes12-08-2011 11:51 PM

Video is very good, but you should not forget that .tel need to be light, video make it heavy, image video over 1000 pixels, but if we could roll over light videos of 160x120 or 160x90 will be great because it's light, I have been reading a lot about videobar I believe it's good idea, if telnic add iframe and allow us to post videos, I believe we can do so through compressor software.

Regards

http://supercyberheroes.tel 
    http://businessdirect.tel

Blunderer12-08-2011 11:52 PM

Not just for third party advertising. Vid clips of the local sports team thrashing the opposition in last weekends game; friendly service at the restaurant; street events, etc., posted on their contact pages, would enhance the value of local directories, and personal sites. The possibilities are endless.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-08-2011 11:53 PM

Video can be light if none of it is loaded on rendering but only upon click or hover.
    Mark

maximka12-09-2011 09:55 AM

Can that proposed "Video" has a feature of being a gallery of images? I mean to see not a fluent movie, but to see separate cadres, which goes one by one (with regulation of the speed of their appearance). For me personally (and for many small businesses either) such feature would be much more useful then that traditional video. On it I could show my examples, goods etc. And it would not "ate" traffic as much as normal video will do.

telrific12-09-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 19589)
    Can that proposed "Video" has a feature of being a gallery of images? I mean to see not a fluent movie, but to see separate cadres, which goes one by one (with regulation of the speed of their appearance). For me personally (and for many small businesses either) such feature would be much more useful then that traditional video. On it I could show my examples, goods etc. And it would not "ate" traffic as much as normal video will do.

[size]
    Just use a .GIF creator for up to 10 slow, rotating images for that:

http://gickr.com/

(added sample)

http://www.4localtv.com/sample.gif

(added comment)

"Two different animals" GIFs and Video anyway - http://mobile.telmercial.com

;)[/size]

maximka12-09-2011 03:41 PM

----- deleted for privacy because of forum migration -----

Blunderer12-09-2011 03:52 PM

@telrific,

"Just use a .GIF creator for up to 10 slow, rotating images for that:

http://gickr.com/"

This is where my lack of knowledge shows - if images are put on gickr are they hosted i.e. is there a URL than can be linked to, or would I need a website (or similar) on which to host the umm...thing? (don't know what it would be called, sorry).

telrific12-09-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 19603)
    @telrific,

"Just use a .GIF creator for up to 10 slow, rotating images for that:

http://gickr.com/"

This is where my lack of knowledge shows - if images are put on gickr are they hosted i.e. is there a URL than can be linked to, or would I need a website (or similar) on which to host the umm...thing? (don't know what it would be called, sorry).

[size]
    You're quite welcome and Yes, you need a server to host the images and then use Mark's tool at TelMasters to link the images' address to your .tel.

There are alot of free hosting for images sites.

http://imageshack.us is an easy one.

unlocktel12-09-2011 10:29 PM

telnic

if telnic wanted us to have videos on our .tel they would have give us this in the first place.
    the fact they did not tels me they dont.

unlocktel12-09-2011 11:50 PM

every thing looked rubbish at dot tel launch no pictures ect.....but we bought into it now we want to change it.....its to late! they should have got it right in the first place.

Blunderer12-10-2011 12:33 PM

@telrific,

Thank you.

As an experiment, I copied the URL of your pictures into the logo box on one of my .tels - it works well, and opens up possibilities for enhanced service for me, but I wasn't sure of the best way to achieve it.

Oh well, another tangent to head off on!

Best wishes

telrific12-11-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 19635)
    @telrific,

Thank you.

As an experiment, I copied the URL of your pictures into the logo box on one of my .tels - it works well, and opens up possibilities for enhanced service for me, but I wasn't sure of the best way to achieve it.

Oh well, another tangent to head off on!

Best wishes

[size]
    You're welcome, I certainly know how the tangents go !

Speaking of which, if the TELmercial is a Video Commercial for .TEL owners, then we can 
    really turn the world's thinking around by associating Video Commercials with Telephones:

AsSeenOn.TEL ! 

:eek:

As Seen On TV seems to be doing well as a venue, so if the World's going mobile ...

Alexa Information

AsSeenOnTV Company Information

Blunderer12-11-2011 11:07 PM

I think that has potential.

telrific12-12-2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 19638)
    I think that has potential.

[size]
    Yes, just an irritant waiting for the right oyster treatment.

I think if done right it could actually be a tasteful venue and additional incentive for TELmercials.

http://www.asseenontvvideo.com is another example too.

We could again do it with more overall taste, but the concept is valid.

telrific12-12-2011 06:27 PM

I updated the Value Page to show a Why ... ? link at the bottom and a new page.

Interesting points to validate using a .TEL first !

http://value.telmercial.com

dottel.net12-12-2011 08:06 PM

am sure its been discussed before, i also think the qrcode + tel integration is a good match. complimenting tech and ripe to be packaged together offering an easy way to navigate to a resource and an easy resource to publish your contact details/brief message on.

telrific12-12-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 19644)
    am sure its been discussed before, i also think the qrcode + tel integration is a good match. complimenting tech and ripe to be packaged together offering an easy way to navigate to a resource and an easy resource to publish your contact details/brief message on.

[size]
    Agreed. I've been seeing alot more use of qr codes here in the U.S. in the past few months.

Perfect opportunity to use them to launch a TELmercial, etc.

telrific12-13-2011 08:10 PM

Better gif creator, no watermark, and they host directly.

Didn't want to step on the Newsletter, but I didn't want you working on the other if you like this better ...

http://picasion.com/

... and now back to the Newsletter news ... yeah, video !

(maybe the no votes that popped up will see the value this year !)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:00 am