The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Beta Testing of New Templates

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Beta Testing of New Templates Empty Beta Testing of New Templates

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:00 pm

mikeseaton02-22-2012 05:55 PM

Beta Testing of New Templates

With the new templates arriving soon (Telnic's anticipated live date is <= 31 March 2012) I hope forum members will be give the opportunity to help in the beta test.

Microsoft does this very effectively - I can't think of any reason why the experience and the vast combinations of devices and operating systems used by forum members shouldn't be used by Telnic to help in the beta test.

There's a lot of interest by forum members in using these new templates - http://99designs.com/web-design/cont...37/entries/194 is my personal favorite - let's make sure everything is tested to the max before they go live.

Telnic can we help you with this ?

Mike Seaton

Simon G02-22-2012 09:17 PM

If a test plan was provided and instructions given any inefficiencies could be captured using screenshots. I think the community could provide help efficiently. We have as Mike says numerous devices, browsers, operating systems and locations.
    Remuneration could be provided in the form of renewal discounts with a friendly registrar if it was felt it was required.

mikeseaton02-22-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 20460)
    Remuneration could be provided in the form of renewal discounts with a friendly registrar if it was felt it was required.

[size]
    I think forum members would be more than happy to help with the beta test without any form of remuneration - I certainly would - we all want .tel to be the success that the concept deserves.

It's up to Telnic of course, but I can't see any downside to involving forum members in the beta test of the new templates.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Geo02-23-2012 01:30 AM

Better to work out the glitches before going live, and disappointments or complaints ruin the mood for renewals. We're itching to take out the new templates for a spin.

mikeseaton02-26-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 20469)
    Better to work out the glitches before going live, and disappointments or complaints ruin the mood for renewals.

[size]
    Precisely, that is the entire point of my offer of help to Telnic.

Even if Telnic were to decline this offer, and insist on doing all the Beta testing themselves, they could still help forum members prepare for the imminent arrival of the new templates by publishing a screen picture of each template, which are bound to differ from the design competition winners in some ways.

With each screen picture it would be very helpful to have the pixel width and height size of the images that can now be incorporated - this would enable forum members with many .tels to get their images sourced before the new templates suddenly go live.

It's called planning ahead for forthcoming change - it's what most pro-active entrepreneurs like to do !

Mike Seaton[/size]

can02-26-2012 05:06 PM

I am waiting for it and preparing for develope my tel.

Geo02-26-2012 10:22 PM

@mike...

Right - it would be a win / win if beta testers could compete to have their test Tels showcased along with the announcement!

@Telnic...

Please expedite the templates so we can get to work before renewals become due in March - time to pay out some overtime - and possibly persuade thousands of renewals.

TELcp02-27-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by can (Post 20537)
    I am waiting for it and preparing for develope my tel.

[size]
    @can

You can start developing now.
    It is only a matter of changing over to the new templates later on.
    Changing of templates now and anytime in the future will not affect existing data.
    If/When any new record type such as embedded video is introduced, then you can always add them at that time.

All the best.[/size]

dottel.net02-27-2012 11:28 AM

agreed regarding having some kind of beta test period.

my one point regarding releasing of the new templates that I hope telnic listen to is...... 

please, please, please DO NOT break any or change any of the current behaviour on the existing templates without prior notice and give us ample time if necessary to make any changes.... that last thing I'd like to see is my several hundred .tel's broken by a new release of the web proxy....

tony mayo02-27-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 20554)
    please, please, please DO NOT break any or change any of the current behaviour on the existing templates without prior notice and give us ample time if necessary to make any changes.... that last thing I'd like to see is my several hundred .tel's broken by a new release of the web proxy....

[size]
    Very good point. For those of us who have put time and money into developing our domains that would be a complete disaster.[/size]

TELcp02-27-2012 01:19 PM

Yes.
    I agree with dottel.net & tony mayo.
    Those tel domain already developed should not be affected when changing over to new templates.

Thanks.

mikeseaton02-28-2012 05:55 PM

In case some new members of the forum are unsure why those of us around in July 2011 are so eagerly awaiting the "New Templates", here are the 3 winning designs from the design competition.

Obviously Telnic may have made some changes to the production versions that will appear shortly - as mentioned in post #5 it would be nice to have "pre-Live" screenshots and image pixel sizes if forum members are not going to be involved with the Beta testing.

Winner 1

Winner 2

Winner 3

Click the image page when displayed to get a full size view.

Mike Seaton

PS. Here's the full design competion results - http://99designs.com/web-design/cont...n-decade-63737

spline02-29-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 20454)
    With the new templates arriving soon (Telnic's anticipated live date is <= 31 March 2012) I hope forum members will be give the opportunity to help in the beta test.

Microsoft does this very effectively - I can't think of any reason why the experience and the vast combinations of devices and operating systems used by forum members shouldn't be used by Telnic to help in the beta test.

There's a lot of interest by forum members in using these new templates - http://99designs.com/web-design/cont...37/entries/194 is my personal favorite - let's make sure everything is tested to the max before they go live.

Telnic can we help you with this ?

Mike Seaton

[size]
    From where have you gotten that date?[/size]

mikeseaton02-29-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spline (Post 20607)
    From where have you gotten that date?

[size]
    From http://telnic.org/newsletters/dottel...lopment_update

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton03-06-2012 03:57 PM

Telnic, is it possible you could confirm that all 3 new templates are being introduced in Q1 2012, or if not which of the 3 winning designs athttp://99designs.com/web-design/cont...n-decade-63737 will be rolled-out first ?

I know many on this forum have plans for development that depend on a particular new template - it would be helpful to know if this was a "big bang" rollout or a "staged" rollout with just 1 of the 3 winning designs being launched first ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton03-06-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 20684)
    Why you ask a question in post number 15 which you have answered yourself in post number 14?

[size]
    Jens, I would have thought that was obvious, given the number of times in recent months the new templates have failed to arrive on the date promised !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Aled03-06-2012 05:32 PM

Mike,

All three templates will be released at the same time. I don't have any further information as to when that will be at this point.

Thanks,
    Aled

mikeseaton03-13-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 20707)
    That's a good sign: at this point it means the development is already advanced.

Even there is a further delay, probably we don't have to wait so long anymore.

[size]
    I hope not - it was on 27 January 2011 - over 13 months ago - that the design contest was announced here.

I trust these new templates when they arrive will be well worth the wait - there's a lot of expectation from the forum re their ability to help sell .tel !

Mike Seaton[/size]

dutchstreetdog03-14-2012 01:57 AM

I think its time to buy myself à good video Cam 
    Thinking about The possebilleties with those video's 
    i get completley excited Whoaaaaa yes yes yes bring it on Telnic
    I have my friend ready to appeare on the video, he looks like the Prime Minister And talks twice as much!
    If you need a Representative face for your introduction video, you can rent him!!!!!!! wait till you see him, and contact mi, then i ask him, he is not cheap but you get real value for your money:p

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 7:06 pm