The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

PayPal on your .Tel?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

PayPal on your .Tel? Empty PayPal on your .Tel?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:06 pm

Cees04-05-2012 06:10 AM

PayPal on your .Tel?

To our hard working developers, is this a possible for .tel?

PayPal says every tier offers an integrated suite of products that makes it easy to take payments from mobile devices and in-person, as well as online. Each tier includes the ability to implement online payments via PayPal, in-person, offline payments via PayPal Here, mobile payments via PayPal’s checkout services for the web and apps, as well as invoicing. The suite also includes a debit card, which gives merchants access to cash in their PayPal account, with 1% cash back when they sign for purchases.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/04/04/pay...ll-businesses/

maximka04-05-2012 08:25 AM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

Geo04-05-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 21766)
    To our hard working developers, is this a possible for .tel?

PayPal says every tier offers an integrated suite of products that makes it easy to take payments from mobile devices and in-person, as well as online. Each tier includes the ability to implement online payments via PayPal, in-person, offline payments via PayPal Here, mobile payments via PayPal’s checkout services for the web and apps, as well as invoicing. The suite also includes a debit card, which gives merchants access to cash in their PayPal account, with 1% cash back when they sign for purchases.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/04/04/pay...ll-businesses/

[size]
    Are you thinking of this for charging customers who would pay to be listed in your Tel directory... without the need to setup another conventionally hosted shopping cart domain? I'm beginning to think about these kind of questions too... mostly still just in the back of my mind. 

How about some of the other platforms out there such as Yahoo or Amazon store? Don't they let you create a kind of website and provide the platform to take payment? I don't know about the costs or commissions involved though. 

But yeah, it would be nice to have a simple plug-in for .Tel to make it easy and trusted to take and make payments or donations. :)[/size]

dottel.net04-05-2012 09:45 AM

In theory if there is a direct url you can use to paypal, moneybookers, etc with parameteres in the url for the amount, etc then you can do this as you can publish urls on your .tel. Following this through, if it does work then no reason Telnic couldn't add a paypal icon too.

NOTE: I haven't tried this as most of my payment forms have options that I'd like the user to enter first and so I host my own page on another domain and redirect to it from my .tel

Cees04-05-2012 10:57 AM

That would be a yes Geo,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 21771)
    Are you thinking of this for charging customers who would pay to be listed in your Tel directory... without the need to setup another conventionally hosted shopping cart domain? I'm beginning to think about these kind of questions too... mostly still just in the back of my mind. 

How about some of the other platforms out there such as Yahoo or Amazon store? Don't they let you create a kind of website and provide the platform to take payment? I don't know about the costs or commissions involved though. 

But yeah, it would be nice to have a simple plug-in for .Tel to make it easy and trusted to take and make payments or donations.

mikeseaton04-05-2012 01:00 PM

I don't think an integrated payment system is likely to happen with .tel any time soon - certainly not this year.

I would therefore either link directly to the checkout page of the payment processor (assuming you can add the required info as URL parameters) or link to your own payment page on a .com/.net/.co/.info which enables the data to be entered before going to the checkout page of the payment processor.

Mike Seaton

Cees04-06-2012 03:58 AM

I don't expect to see it any time soon as Telnic moves are typically kind of glacial, but one can dream.

boracay.tel04-06-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 21845)
    I don't expect to see it any time soon

[size]
    not that there's anything wrong with that, you could use add-on tools 
    I am thinking of using americart.com as a payment gateway (when the new templates show up) just waiting to see where best to place the cart graphics[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 1:19 am