The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

AJAX API for TelHosting Software

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

AJAX API for TelHosting Software Empty AJAX API for TelHosting Software

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:08 pm

lewisrx04-22-2012 11:04 AM

AJAX API for TelHosting Software

Is there anyone who have examples about "AJAX API for TelHosting Software",I have seen this useful api,but I do not understand how to use it ,if you can help me with some examples ,I would really appreciate it!

henri04-26-2012 10:14 AM

The telhosting software itself uses the AJAX API.
    You won't need it unless you want to program your own front-end to manage .tel domains. Is that what you want to do?

lewisrx04-26-2012 12:07 PM

Yes ,I need to use some features of AJAX API for my own website.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-26-2012 12:32 PM

Henri, this be useful in creating small HTML5 apps? For example taking advantage of geo location to interact with your .tel in real-time. I did this already with HTML5 and PHP server using SOAP. But who needs the server if you can do it all using the browser.
    Mark

henri04-26-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 22821)
    Henri, this be useful in creating small HTML5 apps? For example taking advantage of geo location to interact with your .tel in real-time. I did this already with HTML5 and PHP server using SOAP. But who needs the server if you can do it all using the browser.
    Mark

[size]
    Yes the API is relatively stable by now, and is being used by a number of apps (including the Telhosting front-end itself, and My.tel on iOS/Android).
    Read the docs at http://dev.telnic.org/trac/wiki/AjaxAPI
    In order to work the app, you need to use the login method, which will return you a cookie. Use that cookie in the headers for future AJAX calls. If at some point your AJAX call returns an HTML error page saying you're not logged in, call the login method again to refresh the cookie and continue.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-26-2012 04:23 PM

Can this be upgraded so no need for a user to login, ie use OpenAuth? Then such an app can be deployed on any device once authorized first time.
    Mark

henri04-26-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 22852)
    Can this be upgraded so no need for a user to login, ie use OpenAuth? Then such an app can be deployed on any device once authorized first time.
    Mark

[size]
    Not at this time.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-26-2012 04:32 PM

Too bad, that's what will limit development of device-independent apps. Still can be done using server and soap, perhaps just not as elegant. Is it at least a possibility?
    Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 11:32 am