The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Registrar Rants & Raves

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Registrar Rants & Raves Empty Registrar Rants & Raves

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:38 pm

DirectoryDan01-12-2011 07:10 PM

Registrar Rants & Raves

It seems that all .tel registrars are NOT created equal. Some are really good and some are not. I'd like to propose a "sticky" thread where we can post our rants and raves about specific registrars giving praise (and probably additional business) to those that provide good service at competitive prices and negative feedback (and a kick in the wallet) to those that don't.

Unfortunately, I have a specific problem to post as my first contribution but I'll hold off on that until I get some feedback here. I'm looking for a good registrar to transfer my .tel portfolio to.

dialaroom01-12-2011 08:30 PM

Hello Directory Dan.

Have tried quite a few registrars, buy all my .tels through name.com now. Not being a big domainer, like some of the guys on here, mine are usually bought for projects of different kinds.

Find Name.com easy to buy and transfer domains to and from, and one of their best features is being able to have open and close sub-accounts for .tels and transfer any of your .tels into and out of the new accounts instantly. 

Sub-accounts are great for setting different passwords for different .tels, allowing others with your permission to access and alter specific .tels from their own CTH. Am sure you realise how useful this can be, especially with directories etc.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-12-2011 08:39 PM

I too am a fan of name.com
    Mark

DirectoryDan01-12-2011 09:04 PM

Thank you both! I like the idea of the sub-account feature. That could come in handy. Does Name.com have all of the dottel features available (ex. AdSense and .tel email setup)? My current registrar, Dotster, does not offer the email setup option and won't even reply to my trouble ticket regarding its status!

Cees01-12-2011 11:32 PM

I'll not go into technical specifics of why I use Name.com as my preferred registrar, I use two others whom I've had no issues with other than price. 
    Name.com always respond to any problems I've encountered, I had an unusual issue only the other day which they had no obligation to rectify, however they, as a goodwill gesture sorted the issue.

Shahid01-13-2011 10:41 AM

my vote goes for name.com too

dottel01-13-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 12173)
    Does Name.com have all of the dottel features available (ex. AdSense and .tel email setup)? My current registrar, Dotster, does not offer the email setup option and won't even reply to my trouble ticket regarding its status!

[size]
    As far as I know yes they have all the latest features that .tel offers
    I am with name.com for years now and never had issues..[/size]

rgolds01-13-2011 06:01 PM

+1 for name.com. Their support is fast and helpful, often going above and beyond my expectations.

DirectoryDan01-29-2011 08:57 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for recommending Name.com. I am really impressed by their prices and service. So impressed, in fact, that I've joined their new affiliate program and am offering their services to the visitors on my sites. I told my contact with the Name.com affiliate program that their company was getting high marks on the .Tel Forum. She checked it out and wrote back really excited that we thought they were doing a good job.

If you just want to go to their website to check out domains: Click Here *

If you want to check out their affiliate program to use on your site: Click Here *

* In the spirit of full disclosure, I will get a commission if you buy something or sign up as an affiliate but it in no way affects the price you pay or the commission you receive.

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 10:09 am