The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Search Engine Optimization for .tel domains

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Search Engine Optimization for .tel domains Empty Search Engine Optimization for .tel domains

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:12 am

nadya06-11-2009 10:59 PM

Search Engine Optimization for .tel domains

The SEO aspect of .tel domains is a hot topic, and I'd like to try and assemble some thoughts and ideas flying around.

SEO for .tel mostly boils down to several key advantages unique for this technology:

• No HTML coding or webmaster knowledge required
    • Machine-readable structured content
    • Increased relevance and authoritative data source
    • Continuous re-indexing
    • Localization for geo-based searches

[size]

Remember that you still need to work on your .tel and have an SEO strategy to get high in search rankings. Here are a few simple recommendations:
    [/size]

1. Determine the target group for your .tel
    2. Populate your .tel with relevant information and regularly update it
    3. Make your .tel interesting for visitors to generate inbound links
    4. Use your .tel and make it your contact hub

[size]

More in the new SEO paper, http://dev.telnic.org/docs/SEO.pdf[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-11-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 63)
    The SEO aspect of .tel domains is a hot topic, and I'd like to try and assemble some thoughts and ideas flying around.
    [*]Determine the target group for your .tel
    [*]Populate your .tel with relevant information and regularly update it
    [*]

[*]
    If the search engines do not recognize that TEL domains are not designed to change often, then stagnation from old content will be a problem. In the meantime, I use tweet2tel to automagically freshen all of my domains at least once a week. That way the domains have a few contextually-relevant tweets to keep the spiders coming back. RSS feeds are another option yet to be developed.
    [*]

dottel06-12-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 64)
    If the search engines do not recognize that TEL domains are not designed to change often, then stagnation from old content will be a problem. In the meantime, I use tweet2tel to automagically freshen all of my domains at least once a week. That way the domains have a few contextually-relevant tweets to keep the spiders coming back. RSS feeds are another option yet to be developed.

[size]
    Majority of the .tel are aimed at communication purpose.
    The reason I said "Majority" just because there are some who do not understand the difference between .tel and general Dot-extensions. So, they will always try to run a full level website on .tel extension.

Search engines do know (as they are updated by companies, "their algorithm") how to treat a contact page and a news based website

I know there may be some arguements that would arise after this post based around "Whether one can be able to launch full level website type on a .tel" again its entirely up to the developers and individuals/business.

My only reference is search engines do know how to treat a contact page, a directory, an rss feed and a regularly updated news/entertainment portal

Cheers[/size]

Triton NW07-16-2009 04:59 PM

Henri
    I was on bing.com again today and looked up my name. It is a bit stuck at 25 or so. Per a prior message of yours, I searched your name. THAT is perfect. Being on top is great but it also populates the pop up window with your information. Are you doing anything different that you can share with us to get that good of a ranking and filling in of the bing pop up?

Thanks

henri07-16-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 572)
    Henri
    I was on bing.com again today and looked up my name. It is a bit stuck at 25 or so. Per a prior message of yours, I searched your name. THAT is perfect. Being on top is great but it also populates the pop up window with your information. Are you doing anything different that you can share with us to get that good of a ranking and filling in of the bing pop up?

[size]
    The good thing about .tel SEO is that you don't need to do very complicated things. For my .tel I essentially followed the PDF document linked to by Nadya at the top of the thread. For a personal .tel, the two most important points are:

• Use your .tel and make it your contact hub:
    Anywhere you need to give contact info, to give a URL, more info about yourself, etc..., put your .tel address.

• Update and add information often:
    Use your .tel, change your location if you're using it, put in links of things that you're doing, use profiles for quick easy changes between vacation/work etc...

Finally, the popup in Bing is really none of my doing
    However, in Google the extra info you see below my domain is simply my subdomain links! Those are very powerful, use them well!

Note: Google, Bing and others value the age of the domain. Don't be afraid that when you've done the above nothing happens instantly. It will. Keep at it, and you'll see the magic happen.[/size]

Shahid07-16-2009 10:07 PM

hey henri , i belive that as i have seen good result with some of my .tel from the search engines keep up the good work :) 

by the way Autoparts.tel is really working well with the the google 

brand.autoparts some are on first page

Triton NW07-17-2009 05:39 PM

Thanks Henri
    You are the man.

Triton NW07-28-2009 05:01 AM

Google

Hello,
    Just a quick general Google question. In the last 48 hours I have had 3 of my sites fall off of the map as it applies to Google search. No changes on my end (may be the problem) but I litteraly went from 350 on one to over 1000 the next day and 23 on another to well over 100 in the same time period. 

Did something change?

RonMunson07-28-2009 06:41 AM

I'm going to make a run at pushing one of my dot tels shortly so I should be able to give a better feedback when I start that.

henri07-28-2009 09:06 AM

Welcome to the Google Dance.
    Either you dance with Google and prepare to have some great waltzes but also horrible falls and foot-stepping, or you simply dance by yourself oblivious to anything but the great music, and have a generally good time.

(what I'm trying to say is that if you stick to what you know: relevant and timely content, no duplication, good set of connections between your properties, you'll do fine in the long run)

RonMunson08-03-2009 06:53 PM

@hasseily

As a web consultant I agree with Hasseily. With all domain optimization there is constant shifting.

In the long run I'm sure you will be ok unless Google were to decrease the weight of the .Tel domain names. I don't see this coming however as I have posted in some of my other posts.

Three things .tel owners should be paying attention to:
    -Links... focus on the size of the links pointing to your .tel domain names. For example a link from Yahoo.com will hold more weight than a link from Tina's Garage Sale (A site that is online temporarily for a month). The words used in the link, linking into your page are also important.
    -The age of your .tel domain name is also important. Like wine domains get better over time. When did you buy it? This is classified as day one. Once you reach ten years you are equal to anyone that is older than your domain name.
    -Don't sprinkle words more than twice in one .tel page of content.

Unfortunately that is all the help I can give at this point without charging you for services but these tips should help anyone with a .tel domain get ranking strength. :eek:

dottel08-04-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 792)
    @hasseily

-The age of your .tel domain name is also important. Like wine domains get better over time. When did you buy it? This is classified as day one. Once you reach ten years you are equal to anyone that is older than your domain name.

[size]
    I agree with your other points but not with this one
    Because its not necessarily true. Domains that are live for 10 years does not necessarily become equal to its competitors or so. It always depends on its on-line reputation & trustworthiness.

Regards[/size]

henri08-04-2009 09:06 AM

@dottel, I think what @RonMunson meant was that the age of a domain beyond 10 years isn't any more valuable than 10 years. Or in other words, the added value of the age of a domain maxes out at 10 years.

I personally have no knowledge about that limit, so I can't comment.

RonMunson08-04-2009 10:31 PM

Yes what I was referring to is exactly what hasseily said. I probably didn't clearly explain it in that way. The age of the domain is a factor in search engine algorithms these days along with the age it has been indexed.

A few years ago Google in a secretive way got a patent to start analysing domain whois information. In a presentation I gave I predicted search engine companies would start doing this as the number of variables they have to deal with is limited.

Some of the variables can not be deviated as easily as others. And some of the variables are easier to cheat. For example back in the past search engines would place a high priority in their algorithms on keywords and words that were used in the content of their websites. Today the keywords have a very low impact on the overall algorithm, mainly because they are so easily cheated.

The content also doesn't have the same impact it once did and these days the focus on content by seo algorithms is not necessarily what words to use but what sites to negate because of the words they have used. If you use certain words more than a few times you will see your site drop in the search ranks.

In the never ending struggle to get more accurate results and to weed out the cheaters, seo companies I predict that there will be even more movement towards the domain and whois information in the future. Here is another wild and crazy prediction. If the .TEL domain name has certain words in it and is aged with a lot of big links. The words it uses to point to .com sites will push it up for these certain words. Why not.

I've had a lot of people ask me how I knew things were going to happen before they happened and whether I have a crystal ball. The truth is all you have to do is pretend that you work for Google and tell me how you would create a more accurate algorithm?

It is really quite simple. If anyone could cheat keywords putting in words that have nothing to do with the site would you give these sites weight on search engines? If a domain has been online for a decade and is a quality domain with words that people are typing into search engines wouldn't you give this weight over a domain that was just put online? A quailty domain name is more expensive and a more expensive domain names is more likely to have development that meets the users need.

If .Tel represents entities (people or companies) and a user is trying to search for a person or company on a cell phone why would you fetch the .com/.ca version first? Keep in mind most web searches (98%) are for basic contact information and that the .tel should always point to the .com/.ca website in the event that the user wants to go past the basic communication points and see the content of the company.

If the .TEL directory expands and we take a user that does a search on a cell phone. If this search is for a person or company and Google directs them first to the website over the .TEL version that represents the same company, wouldn't the person switch search engines over time to save speed, money and usability?

I'm not only guessing but betting that they would and Google recognizes this. Right now the average user doesn't really care about .TEL but as the directory expands, and we're seeing it expand rapidly, they will prefer .TEL over other sites especially for mobile searches.

It is not a question of if but rather a question of how. The answer to when I think will be answered in the next three years.

dottel08-05-2009 08:38 AM

Factors like age of the domain, content, pagerank and etc (Google checks/consider more than 200 factors) do impact a website rankings but not all these factors have the same intensity or level of impact. Each factor has its own percentage of importance. The main aspect of SEO is to keep your website search engine friendly, avoid black hat methods & keep updating regularly. The ultimate factor is quality references that you gain to your website with a proper anchor text.

Also a 10 year old parked domain do not equates or max out a 10 or 11 year website (in terms of age of the domain factor).

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-05-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 825)
    Factors like age of the domain, content, pagerank and etc (Google checks/consider more than 200 factors) do impact a website rankings but not all these factors have the same intensity or level of impact. Each factor has its own percentage of importance. The main aspect of SEO is to keep your website search engine friendly, avoid black hat methods & keep updating regularly. The ultimate factor is quality references that you gain to your website with a proper anchor text.

[size]
    There are over 700 .tel sites being processed by tweet2.tel and this has improved the ratings on many of these sites. Tweet2tel periodically updates subfolders of its linked sites with fresh tweets for better ranking with Google.[/size]

dottel08-05-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 826)
    There are over 700 .tel sites being processed by tweet2.tel and this has improved the ratings on many of these sites. Tweet2telperiodically updates subfolders of its linked sites with fresh tweets for better ranking with Google.

[size]
    Just updating with some tweets will not necessarily help a .tel

Search Engines update their algorithm very frequently to fight Spam.
    They also trying to understand user search to show them more appropriate results rather than just showing same results for a keyword search (its still in initial stages).

Search engines can figure out the difference between a news websites and a personal or corporate website. They do not expect the same level of updates (update intervals), from a personal website where they expect from a time.com or cnn.com

So one should not be worried to have a compulsion in updating their website very day or so. But it is always good practice to keep their website updated as and when required.

Lastly, I am not saying that search engines do not give weight-age to such auto update ticks but the impact would be very minimal. Earlier SE used to give much weight to a website with latest news using an rss feed, but now its not a major factor as many people have MFA sites with an rss feed (just for the sake of fresh content).[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-05-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 827)
    Just updating with some tweets will not necessarily help a .tel

[size]
    The interesting phenomenon is that quite a number of sites don't even appear indexed in Google (PR -1), yet the fact they are linked by tweet2.tel gave them some indirect visibility.[/size]

dottel08-05-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 828)
    The interesting phenomenon is that quite a number of sites don't even appear indexed in Google (PR -1), yet the fact they are linked by tweet2.tel gave them some indirect visibility.

[size]
    Every (safe) back link will help the site to some extent. Quality reference with proper anchor text will always help.[/size]

Triton NW08-05-2009 04:15 PM

I must have built in far to much duplication of pages into my directory of telecom consultants. For about 45 days I hovered between 350 and 400 in daily searches. Overnight, I am not in the top 1000. Not sure how to fix it and I lost a lot of steam. Time to re-tool and get back at it I guess.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Search Engine Optimization for .tel domains Empty Re: Search Engine Optimization for .tel domains

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-05-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 834)
    I must have built in far to much duplication of pages into my directory of telecom consultants. For about 45 days I hovered between 350 and 400 in daily searches. Overnight, I am not in the top 1000. Not sure how to fix it and I lost a lot of steam. Time to re-tool and get back at it I guess.

[size]
    Yes, "promoting tel" was in the top 10 with many entries pointing to www.promoting.tel, and with a PR of 2. Now it is no longer in Google and PR is now -1 which means not even indexed. Something is afoot. Henri any ideas?[/size]

RonMunson08-05-2009 11:54 PM

My guess is that it was flagged as a link farm it is a manual process that is done in regards to giving an 'Authority Score'. This is different that Page Rank and can affect page rank.

A google search for 'authority sites google' will explain more about what this algorithm variable is about. Like I said it is a manual process that has room for error.

Overall .tel still has weight on search engines as far as I see.

Shahid08-07-2009 11:39 AM

personally i am behind on some topics like these but what i have noticed is and read somewhere 

Google pank rank needs the following

1) content
    2) no duplicate content on multiple pages
    3) Good Seo keywords

so please if you have any .tel as a directory 

just put the keywords in the other page (will make it look more filled on homepage )
    or the inner page dont copy paste the same content as google will not like that and
    demote your pagerank even if you have gotten pr 4

can08-07-2009 03:34 PM

Can sb tell me what happen promoting.tel kicked out by google?

can08-07-2009 03:48 PM

curious that my good.tel only ICP company(only 1 items,no title,no keywords,but today I add a little more,cache no change) show pr1

dottel08-07-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by can (Post 872)
    Can sb tell me what happen promoting.tel kicked out by google?

1. It has been penalized.
    2. Any directory with automated acceptance will face such penalization. In other words, directories that has no editors to evaluate the submission and then accept or reject them will end up like this.

[size]

Want to learn something out of this?
    [/size]

• Maintain quality
    • .tel is no excuse and it is treated equally as other extensions. So stop (not for you applies to all of us) spam'ing and start developing/building and maintain quality.

dottel08-07-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by can (Post 873)
    curious that my good.tel only ICP company(only 1 items,no title,no keywords,but today I add a little more,cache no change) show pr1

[size]
    are you bothered about Google PR to .tel?
    Go to Dot Tel Sites
    and visit the Top ranking site and check its page rank :)[/size]

Triton NW09-25-2009 03:51 PM

SEO question

Hello all
    It seems like things are really start to happen quickly now int he .tel world. I have a question for all of the SEO experts on the thread. Now that we can change the header, willl the search engines like seeing "Oregon Wines" rather than "oregonwines" like it was prior?

Thaks for any input.

henri09-25-2009 04:00 PM

If you have "oregonwines" in the domain name itself, then that's fine. In that case, put "Oregon Wines" in the display string, as that is better for people.
    You then get the best of both worlds.

Triton NW09-25-2009 04:06 PM

Thanks Henri
    I appreciate the quick reply. You guys must be pleased with the momentum that has been created this summer. 

Have a great day

maximka10-01-2009 11:48 PM

May I ask a question about a strange thing which happened to domain nidа.tel ? 

Google gives PR 4 to it. But it is a TEL-domain without much content in it – almost all of its folders are empty and it has only few sentences of text. Can anybody explain this high PR ?

Triton NW10-02-2009 12:38 AM

Search

I just posted a simular experience of having a bunch of my sites run way up in search in the last few weeks.

dottel10-02-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 1721)
    May I ask a question about a strange thing which happened to domain nida.tel ? 

Google gives PR 4 to it. But it is a TEL-domain without much content in it – almost all of its folders are empty and it has only few sentences of text. Can anybody explain this high PR ?

[size]
    Firstly, PR does not guarantee any search engine rankings, so don't worry much about PR
    Unless you want to sell text links based on your PR

regarding your question, I see a PR6 back-link to this .tel
    there are many parked domains with page ranks, so do not worry much about the PR and concentrate on building quality content and promote well.[/size]

maximka10-04-2009 01:29 AM

Thank you for the answer. 

By the way, it is not my domain. The owner of this PR4domain was talking about it in another forum. It was interesting for me to hear explanation why the rank of a fresh domain without much content and history was so high.

henri10-04-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 1726)
    concentrate on building quality content and promote well.

[size]
    Everyone please print dozens of copies of dottel's quote and stick it to all 4 corners of your computers' monitors.[/size]

RonMunson10-05-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 1612)
    Hello all
    It seems like things are really start to happen quickly now int he .tel world. I have a question for all of the SEO experts on the thread. Now that we can change the header, willl the search engines like seeing "Oregon Wines" rather than "oregonwines" like it was prior?

Thaks for any input.

[size]
    Definitely seperate it in the title. The size of the title at the top of the page will help also in pushing it up for these particular words.

No one types in 'oregonwines' without a space in search engines. However in the last month the following number of keyword type in's happened on Google alone:

wine oregon -> 49,500 :eek:
    oregon winery -> 14,800
    oregon wineries -> 12,100
    oregon wines -> 5,400
    kelowna winery -> 4,400
    kelowna wine -> 3,600

I'm going to Okanagan next weekend to do a little wine testing. Maybe I'll use your site to guide me.[/size]

mactel10-06-2009 09:13 PM

I understand, that if you type:

"oregonwines" (.tel logo) 
    as
    "oregon wines" (.tel logo)

Than your "oregonwines.tel" domain gets found better.

RonMunson10-07-2009 07:04 AM

Well the reason it gets found better is that people are more likely to type in 'oregon wines' over 'oregonwines' however the later would still be recognized.

'oregon wines' has been averaging 5400 over the last few months. Keep in mind this is different than someone typeing in 'wines oregon' or 'oregon wine'

maximka10-12-2009 09:00 AM

If in our dоt.tеl we make a link to our normal wеbsite.cоm, then is there a difference what domain name will be at that our wеbsite.cоm ?

For example, I have these domain names in .com :

birdsgarden -> 110,000

birdspainting -> 12,100

aquarelica -> 0

The numbers mean Adword's statistics for each name.

I can choose between them and take one of them for the name of that my wеbsite.cоm

The site should be art gallery with watercolor paintings of birds. The name of the project is "Birds Garden" and actually I use nameAquarelica. May I ask you what name would fit better?

henri10-12-2009 09:07 AM

"Birds Garden" is more general, and probably few people will expect an art gallery. If you use that domain, you'll get much more traffic but it'll be of lesser quality (less targeted).
    If you use "birds painting", it's the opposite.
    Whether or not the quality offsets the traffic drop is a question only you can answer.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Search Engine Optimization for .tel domains Empty Re: Search Engine Optimization for .tel domains

maximka10-13-2009 12:10 PM

hasseily, thank you for the advice. Perhaps I will need instead of name Aquarelica to use name BirdsPainting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 8:45 pm