The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Clean up your site

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Clean up your site Empty Clean up your site

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:25 am

Triton NW02-12-2010 06:00 AM

Clean up your site

As we move into phase 2 of the .tel world, I would encourage all .tel owners that have old data on their sites to clean them up. 

Two areas come to mind. First, are the titles in lower case (old style) that confusing and tired. Second, is every site that is still using 2 letter state abbreviations. They look terrible with the first letter being a cap and the second not. Make a template, spell out the state name and copy from it to get the look that we all want. 

Telnic gave us the tools months ago to make these sites look 10 times better and we are shooting ourselves in the foot by not taking advantage of the tools

Rant ended.

marimax02-12-2010 09:55 AM

Give some examples please

Triton NW02-12-2010 04:50 PM

Go to any site that offers a national directory. Most are 2 letter satae names like Ca, Wa Az. It looks sloppy. 
    There are a lot of page headers that are still in the old format with lower caps and no spaces

meanieme02-12-2010 05:41 PM

I myself is probably guilty because I have been swamped the past few months with personal issues and have not kept up with the .tel enhancements....but the new .tel layout coming out in March looks very promising...

Is there a list of some of the major changes already done to the layout since initial launch? such changes as you mentioned that fixes past issues such as titles in lower case, states, etc.

Also, some examples of best of breed .tel sites with the latest enhancements would be good.

I will commit to updating all my .tel sites this weekend if someone can just point me to the major changes I can now make.

nadya02-12-2010 06:08 PM

Hi meanieme,

There are some resources you might find useful on Telnic's site:
    - ".tel for you" area with examples of domains by category; professionals and small businesses also have subcategories with small examples. We've tried to select informative domains that you can take useful tips from. If you find better examples, we'd be happy to consider those too.

.tel of the week More good and diverse examples of .tel domains 

Community Timeline with a list of recent updates; you can see "control panel updates" for an idea about what changes; where possible, we have linked to press releases or user guides where you can find more information about these updates

Triton NW02-12-2010 06:37 PM

Meanieme
    Trust me, I am as guilty as the next guy. I keep buying new names and it is hard to keep up. I think we will all benefit from the effort.

Shahid02-12-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 5391)
    I think we will all benefit from the effort.

[size]
    Amen to That[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 4:46 am