The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Phase 2 of .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Phase 2 of .tel Empty Phase 2 of .tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:34 am

Triton NW04-08-2010 06:28 PM

Phase 2 of .tel

As we move into the second year of our projects, I am starting to build the .com site to explain my directories and take payment for participation. It is VERY empty and VERY much in the early phases but you get the idea. www.tel-directories.com

Any feedback would be appreciated.

telrific04-08-2010 06:35 PM

It is a fantastic idea.

I look forward to seeing it as it develops.

Awareness is the key, great job.

dottel.net04-08-2010 06:38 PM

nice - i think most directories will need a complimentary site to collect payments or will need to use third party offerings.

we use http://dottelads.com/oxfordstreet.tel for our personal payment page for OxfordStreet.tel
    same works for all tels on the dot tel ad exchange simply enter: http://dottelads.com/

mactel04-08-2010 07:17 PM

Actually, so that a .com directory for .tel's can use the "full potential out there", there will have to be done, a lot of offline marketing and advertising, to get a lot of interaction: "real world finds its way in Internet", and last but not least, your websites and .tel pages.

Basically, you will be finding your clients offline. Then you feed your .tel domains with the client data, and eventually, you feed your .com website for .tel, with the populated .tel domains, per categories.

Once you have some nice data and contact info within your ".com for .tel website directory", it will also get some attention from Internet visitors. 

But at first, nobody will knock at your office door, to want to make business with .tel domains. Until you are a bit established with your .com directory, and have a small clientel.

Main thing you have to do with your .com directory, is make a nice structure, and give it a cool and professional look.
    All the rest, is offline, and out of office, on the road.

meanieme04-09-2010 04:52 AM

is there a good automated payment system (perhaps paypal) that you can manage to take your client's payments for their subscriptions/renewals etc

dottel.net04-09-2010 09:43 AM

what do you mean by automated?

paypal, google checkout, etc allow subscriptions.
    best user experience is to collect your information, setup up your payment options then link through to a payment system. this is fairly easy to do off your own website, haven't tried configuring a link and placing on a tel that clicks through to paypal (interesting idea that may be possible).

as mentioned elsewhere there are ready made options out there, Oxford Street uses http://dottelads.com/OxfordStreet.tel

meanieme04-09-2010 12:52 PM

sorry by automated i mean say a client signs up for my directory....the payment system wouldautomatically bills them based on their pricing plan on a monthly or yearly basis......

dottel.net04-09-2010 12:57 PM

that's definately doable with paypal and i imagine google checkout.
    you just need to register for an account and then either configure a custom button which you can embed on your own website or write some simple custom code for your required currency + subscription period.

check out http://dottelads.com/OxfordStreet.tel which just provides a couple of screens above paypal to display costs, collect data but then ultimately passes you through to paypal for payment processing.

Triton NW04-09-2010 04:00 PM

Go to www.tel-directories.com. This is a Wordpress blog with paypal simple widgets installed. Very basig and ont ready for prime time but you will get the idea

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 8:36 am