The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Affiliate Contact Data

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Affiliate Contact Data Empty Affiliate Contact Data

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:59 am

Blogger05-29-2010 06:17 PM

Affiliate Contact Data

If running a .tel directory with a normal site, how can the affiliate links in the normal site be transfered into affiliate phone numbers, email addresses, and so on for use on the .tel directory? Are the large accommodation affiliate web sites able to generate affiliate phone numbers etc for .tels?

Blogger05-31-2010 04:09 AM

Am I wasting my time posting these critical questions in the Forum? No response. Perhaps it is better to just email Telnic directly given the lack of interest.

Aled05-31-2010 08:14 AM

Blogger, it can take time for people to see postings, especially those made over the weekend.

I'm not sure I understand the question - if you have an affiliate phone number or some kind of tracking/premium rate number why do you not just add this to your .tel? If your question relates to creating such numbers for the process of tracking, this is a matter of setting up specific phone numbers/email addrersses so that you can see the volumes that each one has had, and as a result which campaign/source has been most successful in driving traffic.

Blogger06-01-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 9149)
    Blogger, it can take time for people to see postings, especially those made over the weekend.

I'm not sure I understand the question - if you have an affiliate phone number or some kind of tracking/premium rate number why do you not just add this to your .tel? If your question relates to creating such numbers for the process of tracking, this is a matter of setting up specific phone numbers/email addrersses so that you can see the volumes that each one has had, and as a result which campaign/source has been most successful in driving traffic.

[size]
    Ok, assume I have a dot com travel site with affiliate click links for booking through an intermediary like Agoda for example. There can be perhaps as many as 5,000 hotels for my dot com site.

I create a Dot tel as a directory for the Dot Com Site.

Now people will put the directory top level domain address in their mobile phones for their trips. When they get to their destinations they can onward book through the Dot Com as they normally would. But if they use the Dot Tel on their mobile phones they have a number of options for arranging their accommodation as follows:

1. Phone hotel
    2. Email Hotel
    3. Click on webpage link in Dot Tel for hotel
    4. SMS Hotel
    5. Other forms of Dot Tel generated contact.

Now, I want any form of contact through the Dot tel contact records to be affiliated so I get the commission. If I can not affiliate those methods of users contacting hotels then I am just providing a free service with no benefit to me. The dot tel will cost me money in fact.

With 000s of hotels setting up a number for each in the dot tel with or without an intermediary is not practical. Can all these different forms of affiliate contacts be created? Or, is this something a hotel aggregation (intermediary) web site can only develop for me?

Let me know if i can explain any further.

Thank you. Cheers. Blogger[/size]

dialaroom06-01-2010 10:38 AM

Hi Blogger,

Why can't you copy the links from the .com and duplicate them in your .tel. Only your affiliate company can give you the links. If you tell me your .com I'll take a look.

Aled06-01-2010 11:39 AM

I believe Blogger also wants the phone calls, SMS messages tracked - is that correct? Without it being a specific phone number that has been created I can't see how else a hotel can confirm that a specific customer found their number on your .tel rather than somewhere else.

With regards to your comment regarding providing a free service, the alternative is to provide a chargeable listing, either with the simple solution of just a weblink as a free "basic" service and a paid upgrade to show phone numbers etc, or only paid listings.

dialaroom06-01-2010 11:59 AM

Blogger
    A lot of affilliate programs that offer telephone commision, do so by asking customers to quote reference numbers, and the people on the booking line ask for a ref number when taking bookings and assign the commission on that basis, it's not foolproof, but it's the only way I know of. So on a .tel you could put the reference no in the description line and the number below. Should work most of the time, If you put something like "Quote ref no. (ref no.) for best rates, it usually works. Ask your affilliate provider if they do this.

Blogger06-01-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 9153)
    I believe Blogger also wants the phone calls, SMS messages tracked - is that correct? Without it being a specific phone number that has been created I can't see how else a hotel can confirm that a specific customer found their number on your .tel rather than somewhere else.

With regards to your comment regarding providing a free service, the alternative is to provide a chargeable listing, either with the simple solution of just a weblink as a free "basic" service and a paid upgrade to show phone numbers etc, or only paid listings.

[size]
    Yes that is correct, I want all the contact methods tracked.[/size]

Blogger06-01-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 9154)
    Blogger
    A lot of affilliate programs that offer telephone commision, do so by asking customers to quote reference numbers, and the people on the booking line ask for a ref number when taking bookings and assign the commission on that basis, it's not foolproof, but it's the only way I know of. So on a .tel you could put the reference no in the description line and the number below. Should work most of the time, If you put something like "Quote ref no. (ref no.) for best rates, it usually works. Ask your affilliate provider if they do this.

[size]
    Setting up 3,000 coupon codes is not an option for me. There is also the question of controls. A third party tracking system for phone, email and sms is required. It needs an intermediary who forwards emails, phone calls, and so on. This intermediary must be third party and independent IMHO.[/size]

dialaroom06-01-2010 01:16 PM

There are a lot of third party tracking scripts out there, (try php junkyard) that count click-throughs and redirect calls, emails and urls. Just don't see how that would help you track commisions payable through affilliate links. Only the affilliate providers stats can do that.

Blogger06-02-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 9158)
    There are a lot of third party tracking scripts out there, (try php junkyard) that count click-throughs and redirect calls, emails and urls. Just don't see how that would help you track commisions payable through affilliate links. Only the affilliate providers stats can do that.

[size]
    Thanks for the link - I will look into it. I have emailed a hotel aggregator and asked if they have anything that can track purchases of accommodation from phone, email, sms etc. Waiting to hear back. Because they take the payments perhaps they can make up contact details that I can use on a Dot Tel, with the location being the hotel's only actual real record.

If they can't do this this I suspect I will fore go the commissions and the only revenue will be from ads. As mobile phone accessed .tels can not carry adsense, it reduces the income potential dramatically. Custom ads. could be the only income source.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 9:22 am