The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

autodialling from mobile phone?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

autodialling from mobile phone? Empty autodialling from mobile phone?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:11 am

Holmfirth Tiger06-20-2010 02:12 PM

autodialling from mobile phone?

When I'm on my computer I can dial straight from there (via skype) to a telephone number. When I'm on my mobile and click on someone's phone number I get a screen asking if I want to call. When I say yes I get a screen saying

Call type:

(no data)

Am I inputting the data incorrectly into the dottel or is the problem at the mobile phone side? How can i get the mobile to dial a number from a dottel?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-20-2010 02:25 PM

Am I inputting the data incorrectly into the dottel or is the problem at the mobile phone side? How can i get the mobile to dial a number from a dottel?[/QUOTE]

It is automatic if specified correctly. What is the .tel domain?
    Mark

Holmfirth Tiger06-21-2010 08:47 AM

Thanks for your input Mark. :confused:holmfirthvillage.tel.. Is it failing to work because the mobile isn't subscribed to skype? Can the mobile be connected as a normal mobile phone call automatically?

Aled06-21-2010 09:06 AM

Hello Holmfirth Tiger,

There's no public data on http://holmfirthvillage.tel/, so without becoming a friend we can't see any of the content. Is it possible for you to just make one of the phone numbers on there public?

Are you using the contry code when adding the phoine numbers? |So for the uk you need +44 and then the number. You can see an example on telnic.tel.

Holmfirth Tiger06-21-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 9519)
    Hello Holmfirth Tiger,

There's no public data on http://holmfirthvillage.tel/, so without becoming a friend we can't see any of the content. Is it possible for you to just make one of the phone numbers on there public?

Are you using the contry code when adding the phoine numbers? |So for the uk you need +44 and then the number. You can see an example on telnic.tel.

[size]
    Yes, I've included the +44. Incidentally, when i select numbers from chagford.tel they don't automatically dial either.[/size]

Aled06-21-2010 09:50 AM

I've just tried the top number on http://holmfirthvillage.tel/ (sorry if it rang before I hung up!). Both skype and my mobile were able to call just by clicking on the number. I think it must be some configuration on your phone that is preventing click to call on websites. Is there anything in the web settings on the phone or the manual?

Holmfirth Tiger06-21-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 9522)
    I've just tried the top number on http://holmfirthvillage.tel/ (sorry if it rang before I hung up!). Both skype and my mobile were able to call just by clicking on the number. I think it must be some configuration on your phone that is preventing click to call on websites. Is there anything in the web settings on the phone or the manual?

[size]
    I've just spent an hour onto Orange about this and they say they cannot help! It's still not working on my mobile phone.[/size]

Aled06-21-2010 11:42 AM

Can you confirm what make and model you have? It may be that someone either here on the board or at Telnic has access to the same model.

Holmfirth Tiger06-21-2010 12:00 PM

Hi Aled.Sure. the model is a very common one -- Nokia E51. Fingers crossed. I am planning to demonstrate this to a client!

I've looked at the manual and it talks about net calls but of course I am just asking the phone to make a straightforward mobile to landline call.

Holmfirth Tiger06-21-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 9522)

[size]
    Do you use skype from your mobile, Aled?[/size]

Aled06-21-2010 03:20 PM

No, I don't have skype installed on there, it's also a Nokia, but an N97 and I just have to click on the number to call. Does any other forum member have any of the E series phones?

Have you tried actually dialing the number on the phone with the country code also included? I'm wondering if there may be some kind of restricted dialing setting on the phone. Fron the description you've given it sounds like the phone is recognising it as a phone number, but failing to actually call it.

Is the phone tethered to your computer when you try? I know of some phones that behave differently when they are connected to a PC. 

Also, when you do view a .tel on the mobile can you confirm that it is the mobile version that you're seeing i.e. colours and the logo are not shown and the search box is at the bottom on the page.

Thanks

Holmfirth Tiger06-22-2010 05:26 PM

Hi Aled,

Curiouser and curiouser. 
    It's the mobile site, no logos etc
    The phone can call +44 numbers dialled in by hand
    There is a workaround, albeit a tortuous one:
    You select the .tel number but don't click... then go options>find>options>call>voice call ... and then it calls the number!!
    I found this by trial and error

I would dearly love to be able to put this right. Yesterday I downl;oaded all the latest nokia software for the phone... basically took the hit on everything saved in the phone so I could start all over again with no settings -- and it still didn't work!

dialaroom06-22-2010 06:15 PM

Don't know if this helps much, I've just tried the Nokia E51 on http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/R...device_access/
    It auto dials both the main and mobile numbers on your .tel. As I don't have a E51, it's the nearest I can get. You could try the Nokia forum, see if there is a hidden setting you might have missed. It does appear to point at your phone settings. Assume it works on other mobiles that you've tried.

Simon G06-24-2010 08:53 PM

Holmfirth Tiger did you resolve this issue? Tested it on an Iphone 3Gs and it seemed to work fine. Let it ring once but it did connect.

Does it work from your phone when you try connecting on someone else .tel~?

Holmfirth Tiger07-31-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 9603)
    Holmfirth Tiger did you resolve this issue? Tested it on an Iphone 3Gs and it seemed to work fine. Let it ring once but it did connect.

Does it work from your phone when you try connecting on someone else .tel~?

[size]

tried on other .tels and it doesn't work on any![/size]

Aled08-03-2010 03:56 PM

Have you been able to raise this with Nokia at all? It seems to be specific to your phone, so it's possible they have a system update that could resolve the issue for you.

Holmfirth Tiger08-03-2010 10:30 PM

Update on Nokia phone problem

Hi Aled

I reverted all software to factory level then installed the latest software updates and it didn't improve it. I've got nowhere with nokia...

Still doesn't work (gnash of teeth)

Simon G08-10-2010 12:55 PM

Holmfirth tiger, I am purely speculating just now. However I wonder if this is specific to your phone service provider. Is your phone unlocked? I know that some companys install firmware on phones which can be removed when unlocked. Perhaps it is down to this?!? 

If you are still looking for a fix try looking up a S60 (symbian forum) and finding someone who has a E51 in the UK to try it. This would help you know if it is an isolated case. There is usualy a geek somewhere who will be only happy to help. 

Perhaps also put up a post with Your phone make/ model type in the title on this forum. Surely someone else will have the same type of phone.

Good Luck

Simon G08-12-2010 07:41 PM

Holmfirth tiger, following up on my previous post. A collegue uses a E52 running the opera mini browser. We tested it on your .tel and it rung through prior to me hanging up. He advised me that the nokia browser that comes installed is very poor. We tried the browser and it crashed prior to getting to the .tel. While installing opera mini on your phone is not an ideal situation which you would expect everyone to do it may provide you with a solution and a cause for the poor performance of your phone with .tel.

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 5:09 am