The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

OpenID Delegation

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

OpenID Delegation Empty OpenID Delegation

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:35 am

stephenjudge12-06-2010 10:09 AM

OpenID Delegation

Hi,

I would like to use my other personal domain as my OpenID URL, but delegate the login to my .Tel domain. This is a very neat feature of OpenID. All it requires is that I add some delegation code to the of my website, then when I use my websites domain as my OpenID URL it redirects the verification to whomever I delegate in this code.

The delegation code for more OpenID providers is usually something like:

Code:

Code:
    <link rel="openid.server" href="https://www.teladmin.net/server">
    <link rel="openid.delegate" href="http://username.tel/">

[size]
    Can someone inform me of the correct delegation code for .Tel OpenID's

Thanks.:)[/size]

nadya12-07-2010 05:49 PM

Hi,

Your .tel is your OpenID already, with your .tel hosting platform acting as the provider. If you look at the source code of your .tel page in a browser, you will see the respective link in the header section. It is not possible to delegate the login to .tel from another domain as you cannot edit the HTML code that represents your .tel on desktop browsers, that code is generated on the fly. 

I hope this answers your question,
    Nadya

stephenjudge12-07-2010 11:55 PM

Not quit

Hi Nadya,

This doesn't quit answer my question. OpenID delegation is part of the OpenID specification, you can read it here http://openid.net/specs/openid-authe...authentication. What I am trying to do can be done with pretty much all OpenID providers, I know this as I am compiling a list of OpenID providers and their respective delegation code. If it is the case that .Tel is not supporting delegation then they are not providing a true OpenID implementation.

Just to clarify what delegation is, so we are both sure we are on the same page. I run a Wordpress blog and the domain for my blog ishttp://www.stephensworld.com for example. Now I would like this URL to be my OpenID URL. I have two options, I either build in an OpenID implementation into my blog, which is a big job, or I choose another OpenID provider to be my authentication agent. In this case I have a .Tel domain, it is an OpenID provider so I want .Tel to be the authentication agent for my stephensworld.com domain.

I do this by adding two lines of code to the section of my Wordpress blog, this code effectively redirects any website I am trying to login to over to .Tel to ask .Tel to authenticate me. So I go to log in and Identi.ca, an OpenID consumer, I give Identi.ca my stephensworld.com URL as my OpenID. Identi.ca looks at to code of my domain to see is it really and OpenID. When it sees my delegation code it is then redirected over to my .Tel account. I then login to my .Tel account, .Tel will detect that I want to authorise Identi.ca and I approve it. The authentication is sent and I am logged in. As far as Identi.ca is concerned stephensworld.com is still my OpenID even though I did the authentication on my .Tel account. So that's how delegation works. I am not editing any code on my .Tel website, I am just adding standard delegation code to my Wordpress site that tells OpenID providers to head over to .Tel to authenticate. And to .Tel it looks like I am logging in and authenticating the exact same way I would be if I had entered my .Tel URL as my OpenID.

Now I am well aware of course that my .Tel domain is an OpenID and I could just use that to log in with. However I have my own reasons why I want to use my blog domain, but as I trust .Tel as an OpenID provider I want to use my .Tel account to do the authenticating for me.

So what I am doing is nothing unusual, it is a standard feature of all OpenID providers and an excellent way of utilising OpenID with a strong and secure authenticator. I am sure if you spoke to your people who built in the OpenID implementation in .Tel they will tell you the required addresses etc to accept authentication. The standard way to do it would look similar to the code I have placed on my initial post, although some other OpenID providers add some extra descriptive lines to point out the version of OpenID they are implementing etc.

If you would like the list I have of the most popular OpenID providers and their respective delegation code I can post it here.

I hope I am clear enough on what I am trying to do and you may be able to find out the correct code for me. Thanks for your time.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:58 am