The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Remove the word 'Note' next to the Note Icon

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Remove the word 'Note' next to the Note Icon Empty Remove the word 'Note' next to the Note Icon

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:42 am

teltheworld12-23-2010 02:51 PM

Remove the word 'Note' next to the Note Icon

I think its fairly obvious to anyone who owns a .Tel that the 'i' icon does refer to a 'note' possibly even more so if that icon was replaced by a 'note pad' looking icon.

Having been listing a number of notes on my various .tels having the word 'Note' stuck there over the description seems rather distracting and pointless, anyone else agree/disagree?

maximka12-23-2010 06:22 PM

Now I looked at one of my TEL - and found no word "Note" there. 

teltheworld, do you see "Note" at all of your TELs or only in a few of them?

Bunjie12-23-2010 07:21 PM

Perhaps your host is running an old version of the control panel? if so it's likely inserting "note" when I think we've long since had that removed. If your domain registrar "host" refuses to update it and that's the issue you can use the API to insert notes with no "note" over it.

I still hope Telnic will fix 'Username' over Username and give us the ability to have a "green or red" aura on the icon if we wish to show we're offline via the API of insert.

teltheworld12-23-2010 10:43 PM

Hi 
    Maximka@Bunjie Many Thanks

I never realized that had been updated, as I get the word 'Note' appearing every time so I guess they must still be using the old version.

While we are on the subject (although this may also have been updated?) when you add a phone number or a note or go to a .Tel etc.

It would be much better if Go to a .Tel was positioned right at the Top where add a phone number is, as its a bit of a pain to keep scrolling down to Go to a .Tel which is maybe used a lot more than the others.

maximka12-23-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 11990)
    I never realized that had been updated, as I get the word 'Note' appearing every time so I guess they must still be using the old version.

[size]
    If you see that word "Note" at your TEL, then, perhaps, you can make a click at "Edit" that "Note" field and, may be, then it will change.[/size]

Aled12-24-2010 10:39 AM

Just to confirm, there are no providers running an "old" version of the CTH. Other than TelChina, who are running their own version of the CTH, all other providers are running the same version.

With regards to the "Note" string showing, which will hapen if no description is set. If a description is set then, as Maximka has shown, the "note" string is not displayed. I have, however, made a note (no pun intended!) for your request to have this removed at all times.

Thanks,

Aled

teltheworld12-24-2010 07:48 PM

Hi Aled

You are not gonna believe this! lol but when I originally added a note, I added a description at the same time and both the description and the word 'Note' were showing up together!

Not having done any 'Notes' before I assumed that this was 'Normal' so I posted a suggestion that the word 'Note' should be removed as it seemed a bit unecessary.

But since your reply the 'Note' word has vanished into thin air! 

Proving there must be a Santa Clause!

Many thanks Aled

A very happy Christmas to Yourself the Staff at Telnic and all Forum members

teltheworld12-24-2010 10:22 PM

Hi Aled

Looks like I spoke too soon! as on one of my .Tels (with descriptions) the 'Note' word has disappeared while on another of my .Tels (with descriptions) I can see the description and the word 'Note' as well as the address!

It stacks up like this:

At the Top: The word Note
    In the Middle: The description
    At the bottom the address

Looks a bit Spooky to me!

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 9:51 pm