The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Add default Logo

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Add default Logo Empty Add default Logo

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:47 am

dialaroom01-31-2011 07:37 PM

Add default Logo

Aled - I know this has been asked before, is it possible to add a default logo yet or does it still have to be done manually. (potentially up to 3,000 times)

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-31-2011 08:37 PM

I too asked for this last year as part of a simple yet effective roadmap change for this year. 

The key aspects here are...

a) unnecessary duplication of DNS records - repetitive logo records waste resources
    b) 1000 times better usability by reusing a single DNS record from base domain
    c) less strain on people having to maintain folders
    d) allow override when subdomain contains a logo record
    e) no different than a default template or google ads for all pages.

Programming-wise I don't see the reluctance to implement this as a great feature.
    Please consider this as a must-have feature in the very near future. I hope others that see the value in this advancement add their comments.

Mark

dialaroom02-01-2011 06:07 PM

Updating and existing logo

Not quite on topic, but didn't want to bump this thread until we got a Telnic response.

A quick tip for updating an already existing logo on your .tel - This might seem obvious, but I have a .tel with an old logo on more than 250 pages. 

I wanted to change it and started to do it one by one, then of course realised all I had to do was overwrite the old logo, saving the new one with the old ones name. Viola, all instances of the old one are changed.

Don't laugh, I know it seems too obvious, but if it saves just one of you a bit of time, then it's worth posting. Would love to hear any more time saving tips.

spline02-01-2011 08:36 PM

Nice of you to mention it. 

Sometimes when you are tired you forget "obvious" ways of doing something.

Aled02-02-2011 12:56 PM

dialaroom, Mark, as mentioned by Nadya on the previous thread on his here - http://www.telnic.org/forum/showpost...05&postcount=7, there are considerations that we'd need to make with regards to the logic that would need to be used for such recursive operations and the impact it would have on performance. It's still something we may look to add in the future, but it's not a part of the current roadmap.

Mark, do TelMasters have a tool for doing this currently, or is it a part of your plans? I know there is mention of a Bulk Logo Tool on your site.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-02-2011 05:31 PM

Telmasters Logo Tools

Telmasters has the following tools to handle logos in a variety of ways:

1) Bulk Insert: select domains and subdomains for inserting a logo
    2) Bulk Directory Populate: a directive supports logo insertion as needed
    3) Quick Update: allows logo insertion and replacement for one page
    4) Template Manager: allows logo insertion and replacement for multiple domains but not sudomains

The best tool for multiple logo insertion is #1 Bulk Insert.

However, this doesn't negate that fact that there is a definitely a need for a default logo. Bulk insert of logos is not the answer to the problem faced by many and the ultimate solution in my opinion is the DEFAULT LOGO for all pages.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-02-2011 06:06 PM

Furthermore

Furthermore, when do large (long) bulk operations, we are impeded by throttling. Having a single default will alleviate that issue as well.
    Mark

dialaroom02-04-2011 09:34 AM

Just used Mark's bulk insert for 800 logos on DialaCab.tel works like a charm.

Thanks Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 10:39 pm