The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Where we can get more information of map integration?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Where we can get more information of map integration? Empty Where we can get more information of map integration?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:53 am

tindaya05-27-2011 09:09 PM

Where we can get more information of map integration?

Someone knows where we can get more information about map integration, o map view of dottel. I speak about http://telnic.org/tools-website-integration.html I think is very, very interesting, but is possible to put 2 domains .tel in the same map? how can I do to get the photo of the domain? Will be possible to integrate this map in the same domain .tel?...

boracay.tel05-28-2011 08:03 AM

Great questions. its not on the roadmap. I asked a long time ago about some broken functionity. Went to internal discussion. never heard back. Not sure where to go next, just use as is tindaya. Would love to hear more about this tool being improved

Aled05-28-2011 08:50 AM

What was the broken functionality, boracay? 

Thanks,
    Aled

tindaya05-28-2011 09:15 AM

Personally I think this may be one of the pillars on which the dottel can succeed, geolocation, and change the data online in a map. The current map is fine, but is greatly improved, because it needs more data .
    Would it be possible to integrate this map in a window of 250x250 ad, on the right of the domain.tel ?? This means that, in that space we could integrate the iframe of the map. Or to put a link on the top, near gestion, a link where we put the "map"... We need to joint the map to the dottel.
    Regarding development the map, I think the idea should be to do something very similar to what Mark did in telview.co "map + results + photos + online coupons" and configurable for each of us. 

To me, the great difference respect to the rest is that everyone users can change de coupon with TELcp (for example) and 5 minutes later, that change is in the map. The idea is perfet, the dottel have digital curation (but is not friendly to use to the people), and the map must be very friendly to use. But we must joint the dottel with the map, and this joint must be very easy.

I have made a map (by testing) in a blog, but the result is not professional, and the people need more information in the map, o beside the map.http://telrural.blogspot.com I´ll like something very easy like that, but with more data in the window, now only we can read the title and the link, and we need a photo, and additional text where put the special offers.

boracay.tel05-28-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 14899)
    What was the broken functionality, boracay? 

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    if unicode is in the "your name.tel" variable[/size]

boracay.tel05-29-2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 14900)
    Personally I think this may be one of the pillars on which the dottel can succeed, geolocation, and change the data online in a map. The current map is fine, BUT. ..... it needs more data.....

..... now only we can read the title and the link, and we need a photo, and additional text

[size]
    Telnic? How long to make this simple improvement happen. Its a seperate tool. make a lot of people keep the faith[/size]

boracay.tel06-08-2011 09:40 AM

just to illustrate, on the left is the current result
    ( of the telnic mapping tool.)

...and on the right, is hopefully the small improvements that could be added.
    ( the icon, and the extra text.)

cheers

https://files.me.com/boracay/osorf4

tindaya06-08-2011 12:00 PM

I have severals maps, and in they don´t write de telephone number, like in your photo.
    I my maps, only you can see the link, nothing more. At least with firefox
    I have put one example of map in http://telrural.blogspot.com

boracay.tel06-08-2011 12:33 PM

!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15184)
    I have severals maps, and in they don´t write de telephone number, like in your photo.

[size]
    I am putting the telephone number in the TITLE text on purpose (at least until the map tool is enhanced) . I would hope the number could be clickable too. lets wait n see tindaya.[/size]

henri06-08-2011 03:34 PM

Let me take a look at the code and either share it or make the requested updates. It's pretty straightforward, just some HTML updates to the information window.
    Adding multiple domains needs a few other changes.

boracay.tel06-08-2011 04:37 PM

Fantastic. 

Henri could you also make a comment re this important thread regards poor google coverage mapping? Will openstreetmaps ever be a user selectable option via the CTH?

http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.p...Openstreetmaps

boracay.tel06-13-2011 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15191)
    It's pretty straightforward, just some HTML updates

[size]
    Is there any news on this yet? (we actually asked a few weeks ago)[/size]

henri06-14-2011 01:25 PM

Ok so we can do something like:

[icon] [domain title]
    [first naptr record]
    [fully qualified domain string]

I'll get that done

tindaya06-14-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15329)

[icon] [domain title]
    [first naptr record]

I'll get that done

[size]
    So, you will add the first naptr record?
    The rest, is like now?[/size]

henri06-14-2011 03:28 PM

We'd add the logo as well as the first naptr record.
    What else would you want? The extra header text?

boracay.tel06-14-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

[icon] [domain title]
    [first naptr record]

I'll get that done

[size]
    That's it. Keep it simple. 
    Thank you.

Henri, maybe you could offer two solutions, 
    1. the existing as is,
    2. the new. icon, domain title, 1st naptr (clickable), fully qualified domain string

Please keep it simple. The google balloon can only handle a small addition of data. The addition of icon, and the 1st naptr is just the right mix (please allow the naptr to be clickable)[/size]

tindaya06-14-2011 04:09 PM

I think will be interesting, also something of text, like a key word... One place where you can write "OFFER THIS WEEK 30 EUROS" or something like that. And that text of the subdomain can be change with the TELcp. 
    So, when TELcp, each owner of subdomain can have a user and password, and can change that data very quickly.
    dottel+map+TELcp I can put 1000 restaurants and, each of them can change the text of the offer from TELcp
    So:

1.- The title of the subdomain---> HOUSES IN LONDON
    2.- The link of this subdomain .tel----> houses.london.tel
    3.- The picture of the logo of houses.london.tel
    4.- The first naptr of houses.london.tel----> for example the telephone, or SMS...
    5.- The header text 2, or key... a place where can write----> OFFER THIS MONTH 600 EUROS

boracay.tel06-15-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15348)
    So:

1.- The title of the subdomain---> HOUSES IN LONDON
    2.- The link of this subdomain .tel----> houses.london.tel
    3.- The picture of the logo of houses.london.tel
    4.- The first naptr of houses.london.tel----> for example the telephone, or SMS...
    5.- The header text 2, or key... a place where can write----> OFFER THIS MONTH 600 EUROS

[size]
    Yes, agreed..... (Henri, possibly you could just add on/off options to the tool as is?)

no-naptr - Set to 1 to hide the first naptr record
    no-keyword - Set to 1 to hide the keyword
    no-icon - Set to 1 to hide the icon
    no-title - Set to 1 to hide the domain name title
    no-link - Set to 1 to hide the fully qualified link of the sub.domain.tel[/size]

henri06-15-2011 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15373)
    Yes, agreed..... (Henri, possibly you could just add on/off options to the tool as is?)

no-naptr - Set to 1 to hide the first naptr record
    no-keyword - Set to 1 to hide the keyword
    no-icon - Set to 1 to hide the icon
    no-title - Set to 1 to hide the domain name title
    no-link - Set to 1 to hide the fully qualified link of the sub.domain.tel

[size]
    That just becomes confusing. I thought of allowing the whole bubble HTML code to be passed into the script with placeholders for the variables, but there could be security issues so I won't do it until I've verified that issue.

I'll also release the source code (a couple of Perl scripts and a small library) and you can tweak and install it anywhere you want. And if you want to code that in PHP it's very similar and there's so much sample code out there that you can make it very easily.[/size]

tindaya06-15-2011 07:00 AM

Another question:

I can´t change the size of the map, only I can change the size of the window, but if the size of the window is different to the size of the map, is ugly.

I have made, by test, I map in http://telcaleruega.blogspot.com/ with the size standar, and pefect. But I want to put this map in the sidebar of one blog http://caleruega.blogspot.com ; I want to change the old map of google, by the new map of dottel, but the size must be 300x300 ( o similar this).

I think, one map of 300x300 or 250x250 can be very good, because you can insert it in many, many old webs. All webs of towns, will have in its sidebar this useful and ease map dottel.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Where we can get more information of map integration? Empty Re: Where we can get more information of map integration?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:56 am

henri06-15-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15379)
    Another question:
    I can´t change the size of the map

[size]
    Yes you can. Just add width=... and height=... to the parameters you pass in.[/size]

tindaya06-15-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15380)
    Yes you can. Just add width=... and height=... to the parameters you pass in.

[size]
    OK, sorry. I was doing something wrong. Now, I change perfect.

Sorry.

[/size]
    Code:
    <iframe src="http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=caleruega.tel&sd=0;ml=5000;mz=25;widt h=300;height=300; width="300" height="300" frameborder="0" />

</iframe>

boracay.tel06-15-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15377)
    I'll also release the source code (a couple of Perl scripts and a small library) and you can tweak and install it anywhere you want. And if you want to code that in PHP it's very similar and there's so much sample code out there that you can make it very easily.

[size]
    Henri, please dont forget the BUG about unicode (this was mentioned a long long time ago, still not fixed)
    example: hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=长滩岛.tel
    ...does NOT show on the map. there is indeed 1 location here 长滩岛.tel

extremely happy to know this is being worked on.
    henri, thank you thank you thank you. yeah telnic!
    waiting in anticipation...

tindaya high five![/size]

tindaya06-15-2011 09:03 AM

I think the map, in this moment, is very important

tindaya06-15-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15382)
    extremely happy to know this is being worked on.
    henri, thank you thank you thank you. yeah telnic!
    waiting in anticipation...

tindaya high five!

[size]
    IMO, in this moment, right now, this is very important, because the people must know that with dottel you can do more things that Vcard (the people don´t use it), telfriend (the people use facebook, twitter), SEO in google (only 1.700.000 pages of .tel, is bad for SEO), mass critit?? ... 

With dottel+map+TELcp the limit is your imagination, and is easy for all kind of people, services, places... and no other domain, company have that. So, now we must work where we are strong, of course thinking in the future.

In the future (5-10 years) with NGN,NGIN, LTE,IPv6,4G all will be IP, and the automatic call by name, will be important. With HTML5 the automatic geolocation will be important, and so many things... But, the statics maps we must begin to create now, and in the future we´ll evolution it.[/size]

tindaya06-19-2011 10:22 AM

Anyone know if is possible to add the Map of Telnic in Facebook?
    Can I add the code:
    Code:
    <iframe src="http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=caleruega.tel&sd=0;ml=5000;mz=25;widt h=300;height=300; width="300" height="300" frameborder="0" />
    [size]

in Facebook?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-19-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15509)
    Anyone know if is possible to add the Map of Telnic in Facebook?
    Can I add the code:
    Code:
    [size]

in Facebook?

[/size]

[size]
    Yes you can. Create a new FB app as an iframe. That's what On The Map FB app is.

Mark[/size]

tindaya06-19-2011 01:00 PM

Thanks a lot.

I´m going to test it.

I think is a method of publicity of .tel

tindaya06-19-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15511)
    Yes you can. Create a new FB app as an iframe. That's what On The Map FB app is.

Mark

[size]
    Is not easy. Can I put like canvas url: http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...ruega.tel&sd=0 ????

Or this is crazy? I´m not developers[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-19-2011 05:39 PM

I'm creating another app next week for testing so will let you know the steps.

Mark

tindaya06-20-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15526)

Mark

[size]
    Thanks, a lot. I only want to test that can work the map of telnic in facebook, because is what the people use, and also like a gadget of google, because also the people use that in the sidebar of blogspot.
    The problem is now I don´have accout of facebook, because for to insert a app, must be 10 months, and I didn´t know, and I put there my telephone number, so in the old account I can´t put that telephone because is in the new.... The code for test is can insert en facebook was:[/size]

boracay.tel06-21-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

[icon] [domain title]
    [first naptr record]

I'll get that done

[size]
    Sorry to keep asking about this, is it done yet?
    (community, please dont bury this thread... cmon guys!)[/size]

tindaya06-21-2011 07:17 AM

I think this is important

tel4rent06-21-2011 01:27 PM

I think that it is important. The ideas/options/features discussed here should be done asap.

As always, thank you Telnic for listening.

Be well.

henri06-21-2011 03:47 PM

I'll look at the unicode bug.

Remember the saying: you can have 2 of the following 3:
    features, quality, release date.

tindaya06-21-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15592)
    Remember the saying: you can have 2 of the following 3:
    features, quality, release date.

[size]
    thank you very much. 
    The important is that all of us we have future illusion[/size]

henri06-22-2011 11:58 PM

Ok I've made a bunch of changes that I'm now testing. Of course it turned out tougher than expected, what with the IDN stuff and hardening of the codebase.
    I believe I've solved the IDN problem with 长滩岛.tel for example, but it's a tricky unicode thing so I suspect some of you will find some weird use cases that I'll have to look into.

Anyway, I also added a little gift... the ability to pass in a template for the info window so you won't bother me with wanting to put the image on the left or add a tag on the right or make the background pink...
    Once the thing is live (it's still being tested) you'll be able to pass in the info template with the parameter 'info='.
    It is tricky though. The format is actually a javascript snippet, with the default being:

Quote:

Code:
    '<div><span style="float: left; margin-right: 10px;">' + r['logo'] + '</span><span>' + r['dds'] + '<br /><a href="http://' + domain + '" target="_blank">' + idndomain + '</a><br /><br />' + r['firstnaptr'] + '</span></div>'

[size]
    If you want to change it, note that this is a javascript string concatenation. It's pretty clear what the params are:
    domain : the punycode domain
    idndomain : the unicode IDN domain (what you want to show to users)
    r : the result from the domain lookup, which has 'logo', 'dds' and 'firstnaptr', respectively the logo image, the title of your domain (dds), and the first naptr. All of those are actual html snippets.

If you want to pass in the 'info=' parameter using GET, you'd better escape the whole thing. And don't forget to put single quotes at start and finish, like the example above.
    If you use POST, you're good to go.

Note that you can completely screw up the page if you pass in a broken javascript string, as it'll break the whole javascript code on the page. You've been warned. None of us at Telnic will waste time debugging your code. Use at your own risk. Etc.. etc...[/size]

boracay.tel06-23-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15643)
    Of course it turned out tougher than expected

[size]
    This tool is one of the most powerful, effective, impressive, visual, and dynamic pieces in the .tel kit.

It deserves serious attention.
    Henri, its fantastic to have your help!!!
    looking forward to showing off great things here.

bravo.
    thank you telnic.[/size]

tindaya06-23-2011 07:59 AM

Thanks.

we're living how the future is designing.

Cedric06-23-2011 08:35 AM

add your telmap on FB

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15525)
    Is not easy. Can I put like canvas url: http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...ruega.tel&sd=0 ????

Or this is crazy? I´m not developers

[size]
    I'm not a coder/developer either... but I've tried to put the Link into canvas url:
    http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...ecard.tel&sd=0

It doesn't work..... don't know why.

Then, I've used Bit.ly shortened the link, and it seems work now.

Try here to see whether it works as we expected:
    https://apps.facebook.com/telnamecard/

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15526)

Mark

[size]
    I would also like to hear about your news! thanks.

[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Where we can get more information of map integration? Empty Re: Where we can get more information of map integration?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:57 am

boracay.tel06-23-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 15648)
    Then, I've used Bit.ly shortened the link, and it seems work know.

Try here to see whether if works as we expected:
    https://apps.facebook.com/telnamecard/

[size]
    Cedric, thats great.
    Once Henri's tool is working, showing logos per subdomain etc, facebook may finally be of some value. ie, exactly what you have shown....minimal.....simply with a map!!! 

(the map links thru to all the goodness of our .tels)
    perfect![/size]

henri06-23-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 15648)
    I'm not a coder/developer either... but I've tried to put the Link into canvas url:
    http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...ecard.tel&sd=0

It doesn't work..... don't know why.

Then, I've used Bit.ly shortened the link, and it seems work now.

[size]
    It's probably because you need to encode the url you're passing into the canvas. I don't know how that works specifically, but if the bit.ly shortened one works then it's an issue of encoding the url.

See for example http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/ for a handy encoder/decoder.[/size]

henri06-23-2011 10:39 AM

Ok here's a beta URL of the new mapcrawl code. Please test it with your domains and let me know if you see any issues. The URL is BETA and temporary. Ultimately it'll replace the original version as this is backwards compatible.
    Please see my earlier post about the additional features, especially the 'info=' parameter.

http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...tel-iframe.cgi

tindaya06-23-2011 12:15 PM

I don´t know if I can add more? With the same than before, I see the logo and the first napr (in this case was www.lafuensanta.es)... With the facebook I have problems with the 10 months old, so I can´t test it. But I think if you put that code in the cavas url, don´t get error, to me is later with the time of my account where I have error (I´m new in facebook < 10 months).

If someone put here and example with the code of info of one domain, we´ll be good. I don´t know developer ?????

I think also is important that in the map, you can change to see the town...

[url=http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=ofertascasarural.tel&sd=0;ml=200;mz=25;widt h=600;height=600;]http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...00;height=600;[/url]

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kJd2OBX0Cb...1600/cella.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KOKklOz5SC...00/cella+2.jpg

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-23-2011 12:19 PM

Henri, I'm trying to understand this new interface.

In the original iframe map tool, we pass values on the iframe src parameter, eg:
    mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=k9.tel&sd=0"

So are you asking us to modify your script to format the info window data format (in iw.setContent) or is there a way to pass these new values in the iframe src link?

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-23-2011 12:29 PM

My new test code for Facebook is here;. It's just an iframe calling the new mapcrawl2 as the source.

Mark

henri06-23-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15662)
    Henri, I'm trying to understand this new interface.

In the original iframe map tool, we pass values on the iframe src parameter, eg:
    mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=k9.tel&sd=0"

So are you asking us to modify your script to format the info window data format (in iw.setContent) or is there a way to pass these new values in the iframe src link?

Mark

[size]
    The original parameters still work. I also added a parameter to pass the info window template code as well (so you don't need to make your own script).
    The info window parameter is 'info='

An example of that parameter value would be the default template which is:

Code:
    [/size]

Code:
    '<div><span style="float: left; margin-right: 10px;">' + r['logo'] + '</span><span>' + r['dds'] + '<br /><a href="http://' + domain + '" target="_blank">' + idndomain + '</a><br /><br />' + r['firstnaptr'] + '</span></div>'

[size]
    If I were to send a GET request to the script with a slightly different template, where the image is floated to the right and with a left margin, the parameter value would be:

Code:
    [/size]

Code:
    '<div><span style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;">' + r['logo'] + '</span><span>' + r['dds'] + '<br /><a href="http://' + domain + '" target="_blank">' + idndomain + '</a><br /><br />' + r['firstnaptr'] + '</span></div>'

[size]
    and the final URL would be big (better to send a POST, but this is FYI) because the GET params need to be encoded. To take tindaya's example (but with 20 domains, not 200 because this would take a long time):

[url=http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=ofertascasarural.tel&sd=0&ml=20&mz=25&width=600&height=600&info=%27

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-23-2011 01:16 PM

Henri, got it working with alternate template. Now to find some more canine friends. Real app won't be ready until after summer vacation.

Thx
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-23-2011 01:20 PM

BTW Henri, I know you asked earlier for what else people would like to see, so maybe to late now: changing the default Google marker into an icon using the .tel logo image when available would be a nice option. I've done similar in TelView.

Mark

tindaya06-23-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15664)
    and the final URL would be big (better to send a POST, but this is FYI) because the GET params need to be encoded. To take tindaya's example (but with 20 domains, not 200 because this would take a long time):

[url=http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=ofertascasarural.tel&sd=0&ml=20&mz=25&width=600&height=600&info=%27
    [size]
    OK, Now, I have understood it. Perfect.

canine friends???
    This is an example where the limit of the map+dottel in only your imagination... You can put QR code to all things, animals...[/size]

boracay.tel06-23-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15658)
    Please test it with your domains and let me know if you see any issues.

[size]
    henri, you are a legend.
    working really well.
    3 cheers!

ps unicode too![/size]

tony mayo06-23-2011 03:22 PM

I'm a non-techie but this simple test here on a Joomla website opens up lots of great possibilities for my my local directories.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-23-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 15671)
    I'm a non-techie but this simple test here on a Joomla website opens up lots of great possibilities for my my local directories.

[size]
    Yes maps should be one of the answers to success on tel. It would be much better if the tel map icons were replaced by the (sub)domain logos to give a quicker indication of what might interest the viewer. I have proposed a mapping icon to be associated with each domain, but alas yet to hear back from Telnic on the visualization standards that are needed to take maps to the next (commercial) level.

Mark[/size]

tony mayo06-23-2011 03:57 PM

I need to clear up a few issues before I start publishing the maps.
    Not all of my domains are showing.
    And one ballina.tel is linking to mayo.tel
    Any help appreciated.

boracay.tel06-23-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15643)
    make the background pink...

[size]
    ok, so rendering the "bubble" on a small smartphone screen?
    Q. How easy is it for us to adjust the size of the text within the bubble?

Why?
    ...because on an iphone, the mapping tool is STILL extremely powerful with "pinch to zoom" etc (with the tool automagically rescaling) and panning around the map/window with the swipe of a finger is just so natural.

but....
    (this is when specifically you restrict the size of the window width)
    the bubble THEN renders the same smallish size regardless. 
    So.... can we adjust the size of text inside the bubble?

or make the font pink? ha![/size]

henri06-23-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15672)
    Yes maps should be one of the answers to success on tel. It would be much better if the tel map icons were replaced by the (sub)domain logos to give a quicker indication of what might interest the viewer. I have proposed a mapping icon to be associated with each domain, but alas yet to hear back from Telnic on the visualization standards that are needed to take maps to the next (commercial) level.

Mark

[size]
    The way the maps javascript code works now is that only the LOC is grabbed to start with, which allows for markers to show faster. The full domain data (logo, etc...) is requested only when a user clicks on the marker to see more information.
    Having unique map icons for each marker would significantly slow down the mapping, which is already tough enough when you display over 50 markers.

As for visualization standards, I personally believe (not Telnic speaking here) that we're too early to standardize on those. I wouldn't want to see imposed standards from the top, rather "best practices" from the userbase.[/size]

henri06-23-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15676)
    ok, so rendering the "bubble" on a small smartphone screen?
    Q. How easy is it for us to adjust the size of the text within the bubble?

[size]
    Good point. I just made it easier for you. I added
    Code:
    [/size]

Code:
    class="dottelInfo"

[size]
    to the infowindow div.

So in your CSS stylesheets, you can decide the style you want for the infowindow by styling that class.[/size]

henri06-23-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 15675)
    I need to clear up a few issues before I start publishing the maps.
    Not all of my domains are showing.
    And one ballina.tel is linking to mayo.tel
    Any help appreciated.

[size]
    Not clear enough. Can you provide specific examples of your issues? Thanks.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-23-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15679)
    As for visualization standards, I personally believe (not Telnic speaking here) that we're too early to standardize on those. I wouldn't want to see imposed standards from the top, rather "best practices" from the userbase.

[size]
    By standards I mean new NAPTR records for visualization, eg
    MAPICON: URL to small icon to place on map
    COUPON: URL to image to display on map and within tel for that matter

With Telview, that is the only app from the user base ATM and it needs standards. What I did for displaying coupons on the map is a non-standard prototype. Same goes for how Telview displays different map icons, these are hardcoded in script but should be customizable at the .tel level.

Someone else could come along and have a different viewing model, so standards are needed now not later. 

And just to add this footnote, I submitted suggestions for mapping/visualization standards two months ago, and although either Aled or Justin saidTelnic is looking at it, still no word of the fate of that very important feature.

Mark[/size]

tel4rent06-23-2011 07:07 PM

Hi All,

All of that looks great. Can anyone explain to me how i could try it?

Thanks
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:00 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-23-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 15690)
    Hi All,

All of that looks great. Can anyone explain to me how i could try it?

Thanks

[size]
    Simplest way is to load this url into your browser ...

http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...=0&ml=200&md=5

change the domain to yours, play around with the ml=, sd=, info= settings

Mark[/size]

tel4rent06-23-2011 07:49 PM

Many thanks Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-23-2011 08:16 PM

Map Integration into Facebook

If you want to integrate your map into Facebook, this is how I did it...

Create a new folder on your own site, called FB, eg www.yoursite.com/FB/
    Install the "Developer" application into our Facebook profile.
    In the Developer app, click [Set Up New App].
    Edit the settings to include an icon.
    Under the Facebook integration tab, give your app a name (min 6 chars).
    The Canvas URL points to where your app code will live, eg www.yoursite.com/FB
    With a text editor, create index.html and place this code into it...

Code:
    <html>
    <iframe src='http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=[/url]yourdomain.tel&sd=0&ml=200&md=5' frameborder=0>
    </html>
    [size]

Save the file and upload to that same FB folder. Facebook will now look for your app at yoursite.com/FB.

Now you should be able to click [Go to App] and view it. Change the parameters like d=,sd=, info= as needed.

You may need to get a minimum of 5 users to actually use your app before you can publish it, so I'd be happy to be one of them. The rules may have changed, not sure. There also may be a way to just add an iframe quicker without hosting on your own domain first, but don't know how to do that.

Mark[/size]

boracay.tel06-24-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15693)

Mark

[size]
    thanks mark.
    that worked. great. 

so here's my first facebook page! 
    (its a concept only, but its php enabled... so it will be dynamic)
    just as soon as i build a graphical interface around the map at centre.
    (little icons you see there? they will basically send "category=hotels" or "category=resorts" to the facebook app which will swap the map at centre and display the relevant listings)

boracayApp ...facebook project

update:
    so anybody know how to force the links in the google bubble to open within the facebook canvas area itself?
    is it "iframe_canvas" being the target??? ...all the other links work great. basically running the ENTIRE .tel website inside of facebook now. just need to fix the bubble links. (currently have them opening in _top)[/size]

tindaya06-24-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15711)
    thanks mark.
    that worked. great. 

so here's my first facebook page! 
    (its a concept only, but its php enabled... so it will be dynamic)
    just as soon as i build a graphical interface around the map at centre.
    (little icons you see there? they will basically send "category=hotels" or "category=resorts" to the facebook app which will swap the map at centre and display the relevant listings)

[size]
    Very very interesting. How do you change the center of the map? is automatic, no? My great, great question is: How can I get the text of one text record .tel ( example=NOTE) and put it in my web. Where I can get the code to begin to text it?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-24-2011 02:28 PM

Boyet, that is an excellent app. The start of something big. Maybe we should start a new thread for Facebook Tel Apps and start listing everyone's work there?

Mark

boracay.tel06-24-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15713)
    Very very interesting. How do you change the center of the map? is automatic, no? My great, great question is: How can I get the text of one text record .tel ( example=NOTE) and put it in my web. Where I can get the code to begin to text it?

[size]
    Tindaya, i'm just experimenting...
    to see where things might lead us.

its basically an "index.php" page that I uploaded to a sister site called "boracay.in"
    that page was a dump of the .tel page ...try "view source" (any web-browser does that)

I inserted a few of these...

[/size]
    Code:
    <? echo $_GET['category'] ?>
    [size]

and then the magic starts to happen.
    not sure what to tell you, but start reading up a little on "index.php"
    thats where it all begins![/size]

dottel.net06-24-2011 02:41 PM

anyone else getting cross site scripting errors when attempting to view any of the facebook apps?

browser: ie8

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-24-2011 04:00 PM

I had same issue with ajax jquery and ended up switching to php curl.
    Mark

tony mayo06-24-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 15717)
    anyone else getting cross site scripting errors when attempting to view any of the facebook apps?

browser: ie8

[size]
    Yes with IE8 also.[/size]

Cedric06-24-2011 04:30 PM

Facebook Tel app tips and share

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15715)
    Boyet, that is an excellent app. The start of something big. Maybe we should start a new thread for Facebook Tel Apps and start listing everyone's work there?

Mark

[size]
    I agree with you, so let's go there: 
    http://www.nic.tel/forum/showthread.php?t=2128

Quote:
    [/size]

There also may be a way to just add an iframe quicker without hosting on your own domain first, but don't know how to do that.

Mark

[size]
    Yes, this is how NameCard.TEL app does. Use Bit.ly to make the long link passed by FB.

Also shared some tips on the new Facebook App thread.

Cheers![/size]

tindaya06-24-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Create a new folder on your own site, called FB, eg www.yoursite.com/FB/
    Install the "Developer" application into our Facebook profile.
    In the Developer app, click [Set Up New App].
    Edit the settings to include an icon.
    Under the Facebook integration tab, give your app a name (min 6 chars).
    The Canvas URL points to where your app code will live, eg www.yoursite.com/FB
    With a text editor, create index.html and place this code into it...

Code:
    <html>
    <iframe src='http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=[/url]yourdomain.tel&sd=0&ml=200&md=5' frameborder=0>
    </html>
    [size]

Save the file and upload to that same FB folder. Facebook will now look for your app at yoursite.com/FB.

Mark

[/size]

[size]
    Thanks a lot. Finally, me, also I have put a simple map in Facebook, is: https://apps.facebook.com/casasrurales/

Is the map that I was testing. Now, I think all will be the same.

Step 1---> overcome
    Now step 2[/size]

henri06-25-2011 06:24 AM

Ok then if no one sees any issues we'll upgrade the map scripts to the new version.

dottel.net06-25-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15759)
    Ok then if no one sees any issues we'll upgrade the map scripts to the new version.

[size]
    Two isssues I still see when accessing via IE8:

1. Cross site scripting error flagged by IE8

2. The following javascript error - this one appears more to do with the value passed into the info parameter. Details below:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)
    Timestamp: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 08:26:17 UTC

Line: 87
    Char: 77
    Code: 0
    URI: [url=http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=detailed.apartments.accommodation.boracay.tel&sd=0&info=%27

henri06-25-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 15763)
    Two isssues I still see when accessing via IE8:

1. Cross site scripting error flagged by IE8

2. The following javascript error - this one appears more to do with the value passed into the info parameter.

[size]
    1: The cross site scripting error should exist in the original version as well, no?

2: You forgot the closing single quote in your info parameter.[/size]

boracay.tel06-25-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15711)

update:
    so anybody know how to force the links in the google bubble to open within the facebook canvas area itself? ...its not "_top", "_self" or "_parent"

is it "iframe_canvas" that should be the target??? ...all the other links work great. basically running your ENTIRE .tel website inside of facebook. just need to adjust the bubble links. (currently have them opening in _top)

[size]

bump this up...

Henri, same situation as quoted above... but specifically about .tel proxy pages...
    is it possible to have the links in the popup bubbles "_target" back to the actual proxy window itself? (instead of occuring in the external link seperate window)

this would make a lot of sense. a seperate window stays open for maps, yet as you click each balloon, the result is reflected back on the actual .tel main page.

thanks.[/size]

dottel.net06-25-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15764)
    1: The cross site scripting error should exist in the original version as well, no?

2: You forgot the closing single quote in your info parameter.

[size]
    fyi - the apps aren't mine, i'm just clicking/viewing other forum members apps listed above. In this case boracay.tel

i haven't noticed it when clicking on cedrics app which I believe uses the old code?

further testing with examples:
    https://apps.facebook.com/casasrurales/ ->doesnt throw an cross site scripting errors
    https://apps.facebook.com/boracayapp/ -> does throw cross site scripting errors[/size]

henri06-25-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15766)
    bump this up...

Henri, same situation as quoted above... but specifically about .tel proxy pages...
    is it possible to have the links in the popup bubbles "_target" back to the actual proxy window itself? (instead of occuring in the external link seperate window)

this would make a lot of sense. a seperate window stays open for maps, yet as you click each balloon, the result is reflected back on the actual .tel main page.

thanks.

[size]
    You can control the 'info' parameter, which allows you to customize the bubble html code. The way then for you to control what the clicks target is to change (as you did by changing to "_top") the target of the link which defaults to "_blank".
    In order for you to precisely target the window that you want, you need to name that window, then change the target to be that window's name. I can't do that for you as the code doesn't know the setting within which it'll run.[/size]

boracay.tel06-25-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15768)
    You can control the 'info' parameter, which allows you to customize the bubble html code. The way then for you to control what the clicks target is to change (as you did by changing to "_top") the target of the link which defaults to "_blank".
    In order for you to precisely target the window that you want, you need to name that window, then change the target to be that window's name. I can't do that for you as the code doesn't know the setting within which it'll run.

[size]
    ok, so I guess we will find out the name of the facebook's window if there is one...

but are you saying that the .tel proxy windows cannot technically be given a name, no matter how covincing an argument we present to you? thanks for all you have done so far.[/size]

henri06-25-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15770)
    ok, so I guess we will find out the name of the facebook's window if there is one...

[size]
    You can in your app (if it runs within the facebook window) set the window name via javascript ('window.name="myname");

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15770)
    but are you saying that the .tel proxy windows cannot technically be given a name, no matter how covincing an argument we present to you? thanks for all you have done so far.

[size]
    No I'm not saying that The .tel proxy window should probably have a name. :)[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:02 am

boracay.tel06-25-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15771)
    You can in your app (if it runs within the facebook window) set the window name via javascript ('window.name="myname");

[size]
    i tried re-naming it. didnt work. i dont seem to be able to target that actual canvas area. anyway, the facebook app window area by default is returning "iframe_canvas" as the window name, but targeting that just draws into the iframe itself. hmmm

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15771)
    No I'm not saying that The .tel proxy window should probably have a name.

[size]
    whats the chances of that? 

Henri, now that we have (think imageAds links) windows popping-up all over the place (by default on, ok, but possibly could we have option to turn off) 

Anyway, a compromise maybe? .... please let us be able to reference back to the main "tel_proxy" window (the mapping tool bubbles are a perfect example of using a seperate window, to group little bubble snippets of info) and, clicking those snippets could force a redraw of the main proxy window with relevant targeted info. thats just one example.

the tel_proxy window really does need a name.[/size]

boracay.tel06-27-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15759)

[size]
    I have another issue. 
    Accuracy. 

Its very difficult to choose different PINS that are close by each other. Can we please reduce the clickable zone or "mask" area that defines each PIN.

thank you[/size]

dottel.net06-27-2011 12:16 PM

we should take a look at map clustering - this is the technology that allows you to group a number of points under 1 pin that gives some indication that there is more within a particular area (either through size of pin, indicating a number or diff color, etc) and you need to click to have it open up.

boracay.tel06-27-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 15809)
    we should take a look at map clustering - this is the technology that allows you to group a number of points under 1 pin that gives some indication that there is more within a particular area (either through size of pin, indicating a number or diff color, etc) and you need to click to have it open up.

[size]
    Excellent idea.

In the meantime, I am not waiting for telnic.... 
    (this tool has opened up .tel enormously for directories)
    I suggest you guys create categories, and copy around JUST the references that point to the specific underlying individual directory records. 

grouped into categories you can then create a Master php page that swaps the data groups into the map.[/size]

henri06-27-2011 01:26 PM

I'll add the telproxy window name to the wishlist.

boracay.tel06-27-2011 02:23 PM

Thank you Henri.

henri06-27-2011 06:21 PM

okay the mapcrawl2 is gone. The original mapcrawl has been upgraded to the new (backwards compatible) version.
    Please update your scripts accordingly. Thanks.

tel4rent06-29-2011 01:55 PM

Hi,

Tried to build my facebook apps with Mark's procedure but i am getting an error

"The requested URL /cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi was not found on this server."

Code:
    <html>
    <iframe src='http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=yourname.tel&sd=0&ml=200&md=5' frameborder=0>
    </html>
    [size]

Is the code above correct? 

thanks[/size]

henri06-29-2011 02:08 PM

@tel4rent please read my last message: replace "mapcrawl2" with "mapcrawl" in your url

tel4rent06-29-2011 02:34 PM

Oh yes! thanks Henri.

tel4rent06-29-2011 03:25 PM

It worked well but the frame is small. I tried to increase it by changing the variable but it does not affect it.

How to resize it?

Code:
    <iframe src='http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=southernafrica.tel&sd=0&ml=0&md=0' frameborder=1>
    [size]

I tried to increase sd, ml and md but no results.[/size]

tindaya06-29-2011 03:57 PM

Hi, I used this, and worked. The first widht is for the google map, and the second widht is for the window, so I changed at the same time. I don´t know is this is the method, but work OK. And also I changed the ml to 5000, and I had 300 register and read that 300, I think your map work OK.

[url=http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=southernafrica.tel&sd=0;ml=5000;mz=25;widt h=600;height=600]http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...600;height=600[/url]

My test map, I put in facebook, and down the code of iframe:

https://apps.facebook.com/caleruega/

Code:
    <iframe src="http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=caleruega.tel&sd=0;ml=5000;mz=25;widt h=600;height=600" height="600" width="600" frameborder="0" /></iframe>

henri06-29-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 15868)
    It worked well but the frame is small. I tried to increase it by changing the variable but it does not affect it.

How to resize it?

Code:
    <iframe src='http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=southernafrica.tel&sd=0&ml=0&md=0' frameborder=1>
    [size]

I tried to increase sd, ml and md but no results.

[/size]

[size]
    You need &width=600&height=600 for example.
    sd,ml and md are very different parameters. Please read the docs:
    http://telnic.org/tools-website-integration.html
    (scroll to the bottom)[/size]

tindaya06-29-2011 04:21 PM

I think one step more, is how to get the text records of ours .tel, and write them in our web, or facebook, all in php.
    For example, how to do a nslookup of caleruega.tel and to get the record txt, .tlb, 1, 100, 100 ---> the answer is "MAPA NEGOCIOS CALERUEGA", but I don´t know how to do in php

Get the first text record, and write it in our web.

Someone knows the PHP code, to get one text record and write it in the web?

henri06-29-2011 04:50 PM

See the developer forums on dev.telnic.org for sample php code.
    These are user forums, so let's please keep the dev discussion on the "other side".

Also I suggest that everyone who's reading this thread go check out the following post of mine. I think you'll enjoy it thoroughly...
    http://dev.telnic.org/trac/discussion/22/253

tindaya06-29-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 15873)
    See the developer forums on dev.telnic.org for sample php code.
    These are user forums, so let's please keep the dev discussion on the "other side".

Also I suggest that everyone who's reading this thread go check out the following post of mine. I think you'll enjoy it thoroughly...

[size]
    Thanks. Let´s go to study.[/size]

dottel.net06-29-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

[size]
    cool - good job.[/size]

tindaya06-29-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

[size]
    Sorry, only one question?

It´s possible to add 2, 3 or 4 subtypes, to get only un record. http://labs.telnic.org/json/[TYPE]?d=[DOMAIN] 

Can we select in the query of txt that only want the .tsm, or .tkw, or tlb

For example, in type--->txt tkw 1 ft 
    type----> txt ".tlb" "1" "100" "100"
    something like that, is possible?[/size]

tel4rent06-29-2011 06:54 PM

Tindaya, Henri...Thanks very much for your help...It worked very well.

Looking forward for more features

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-29-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

[size]
    That's the spirit Can't wait.
    Thx
    Mark[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:03 am

henri06-29-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15876)
    Sorry, only one question?

It´s possible to add 2, 3 or 4 subtypes, to get only un record. http://labs.telnic.org/json/[TYPE]?d=[DOMAIN] 

Can we select in the query of txt that only want the .tsm, or .tkw, or tlb

For example, in type--->txt tkw 1 ft 
    type----> txt ".tlb" "1" "100" "100"
    something like that, is possible?

[size]
    Well when you do the txt query you get everything. The way I've set it up is that the keywords are extracted into the 'keywords' dictionary, while the tsm go in the 'tsm' dictionary. As for the tlb, they're automatically mapped into the naptr records' label field.

I guess the only issue here is that you don't get the labels if you only do the txt query because they don't get mapped to any naptrs since these haven't been retrieved.[/size]

mikeseaton06-30-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

[size]
    "Hello everyone, we're thinking about exposing the .tel DNS data via HTML/JSON" - yes that sounds like a great idea - any estimate of timescale for this?

Mike Seaton[/size]

tindaya06-30-2011 06:36 AM

The idea is very simple, but I think useful. The user change the txt record with the TELcp.com , and we get that txt record and write it in the web .com. 

I must learn how to do it.

boracay.tel06-30-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15880)
    That's the spirit Can't wait.
    Thx
    Mark

[size]
    How do you see this being used? 

Maybe create scripts in a php page, such as, if a logo/picture does not yet exist for a specific directory record or a facebook entry does not yet exist for a specific directory record, then rather than need to actually touch the data in the .tel itself, the php page could render its own version of the .tel proxy, only it inserts a "temporary" logo and possibly an "add your Facebook here" in the places that data would normally exist (ie on other similar directory records)

So this is for people who want to do more with the .tel underlying database. The coming templates not enough flexibility for you? php your own maybe?

Just thinking out loud...probably way off track[/size]

dottel.net06-30-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15900)
    How do you see this being used? 

Maybe create scripts in a php page, such as, if a logo/picture does not yet exist for a specific directory record or a facebook entry does not yet exist for a specific directory record, then rather than need to actually touch the data in the .tel itself, the php page could render its own version of the .tel proxy, only it inserts a "temporary" logo and possibly an "add your Facebook here" in the places that data would normally exist (ie on other similar directory records)

So this is for people who want to do more with the .tel underlying database. The coming templates not enough flexibility for you? php your own maybe?

Just thinking out loud...probably way off track

[size]
    not off track - actually on track. this makes it easier for developers not wanting to query the dns directly (although there are libraries to help you do that anyway!) to build out further applications that use the data, be it another proxy with added content or simply querying the tel content to build out enriched maps, etc. Just makes it easier for many developers already familiar with json to get at the data in an easy way.[/size]

henri06-30-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 15904)
    not off track - actually on track. this makes it easier for developers not wanting to query the dns directly (although there are libraries to help you do that anyway!) to build out further applications that use the data, be it another proxy with added content or simply querying the tel content to build out enriched maps, etc. Just makes it easier for many developers already familiar with json to get at the data in an easy way.

[size]
    Yes, this is mainly for javascript-based browser apps that don't have the ability to query the DNS directly. It's obviously slower than DNS queries, but should be perfectly acceptable for such in-browser applications.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-30-2011 01:53 PM

I will certainly be using this function in both Telview and OnTheMap Facebook app.
    Mark

Florin08-14-2011 04:00 PM

I'm probably missing something very basic, but I can't get the info parameter to work.

Here is my code:

HTML Code:

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>MAP test</title>
    </head>
    <body>

<script type="text/javascript">
            var infoFormat = escape("'<div>' + r['dds'] + '</DIV>'");

document.write("<iframe src=\"http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=mydomain.tel&md=10&ml=100&sd=0&mz=16&width=600&height=600&info='");
            document.write(infoFormat);
            document.write("'\" width=\"600\" height=\"600\" frameborder=\"0\" />");
    </script>

</body>
    </html>

[size]
    Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.[/size]

tindaya08-15-2011 10:41 AM

I don´t know, but if it´s only to test the map, you don´t need the script, is only the iframe. I put the map and the contact in http://telrural.combut I don´t understand how work with script in php.
    Anyone can explain the difference?

henri08-20-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florin (Post 16775)
    I'm probably missing something very basic, but I can't get the info parameter to work.

Here is my code:

HTML Code:

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>MAP test</title>
    </head>
    <body>

<script type="text/javascript">
            var infoFormat = escape("'<div>' + r['dds'] + '</DIV>'");

document.write("<iframe src=\"http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=mydomain.tel&md=10&ml=100&sd=0&mz=16&width=600&height=600&info='");
            document.write(infoFormat);
            document.write("'\" width=\"600\" height=\"600\" frameborder=\"0\" />");
    </script>

</body>
    </html>

[size]
    Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

[/size]

[size]
    Change the way you escape in the infoFormat string.
    Make sure you wrap it in single quotes, not double quotes that interpolate the innards. And you don't want to concatenate with '+' inside the string, as it's already a string:

Code:
    [/size]

Code:
    var infoFormat = escape('<div>r["dds"]</DIV>');

Florin08-29-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 16902)
    Change the way you escape in the infoFormat string.
    Make sure you wrap it in single quotes, not double quotes that interpolate the innards. And you don't want to concatenate with '+' inside the string, as it's already a string:

Code:

Code:
    var infoFormat = escape('<div>r["dds"]</DIV>');

[size]
    Close but no cigar. I do get a map with markers, when I click on a marker I get a text balloon saying r["dds"] instead of the value.

BTW, is it somehow possible to change the look of the markers? Something without a .tel in it, would be nice, or perhaps even a custom image.[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:10 pm