The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Quick Setup Tool Launched

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Quick Setup Tool Launched Empty Quick Setup Tool Launched

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:08 am

Aled04-08-2011 10:02 AM

Quick Setup Tool Launched

As mentioned on our Blog and in a Press Release, we have this week released a "Quick Setup Tool". 

As I've explained in another thread, this will only be shown to new .tel owners who have not populated their .tel and do not have other populated .tels in their account, so most on this forum are unlikely to see it. One of our registrars has, however, put a movie together, so if you want to see the full process you can take a look here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8cP8eZWXdQ.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-08-2011 07:31 PM

Good to see the video, since as you say almost no one here would be able to use the wizard. At the end of setup, there is section about publishing and next steps. One suggestion for next steps would be to detect or ask if a business tel vs personal tel. If SMB, showing SMB how to create subdomains to help get more targeted traffic from (local) search results , one of the benefits being saving on advertising costs.
    Mark

boracay.tel09-15-2011 04:25 AM

just looking back over what we has been delivered recently. so, the quick setup tool...

I have just setup a new .tel in the "services industry" (that I have been thinking about for some time)
    its success will not rely on the broken mobile search tool thankfully. 
    but it surely will rely on an end-user update tool like telcp is about to bring to mobiles.

first thing i noticed.
    adding a logo. epic fail! 

this is the first thing a new domain internet user is confronted with.
    they cannot simply add their photo or logo (without jumping through major hoops)
    they wont have a clue about how to do anyway

just feedback. maybe none of us here have tried this quick setup tool.
    Overall, it was very simple to complete the form. It gave an instant internet presence, but the registrars default inserted contact record came up FIRST, and that made me need to find out where or how I could then remove it. very confusing. made the domain seem like somebody else's. why? I'm the first time user right? (at least make it come up LAST)

but the logo thing???. oh boy.
    (that needs to go to the very back of the form, or remove it)

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 4:49 am