The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Using privacy as a Members only club

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Using privacy as a Members only club Empty Using privacy as a Members only club

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:39 am

Geo04-01-2012 05:13 AM

Using privacy as a Members only club

Is anyone using the .Tel privacy features to reserve certain content for members only type access? I'm thinking on several fronts: family only, church only, paid members only. What are your thoughts? Can I provide numerous levels of privacy within the same .Tel, and how would it work in terms of providing that access to paid members? Let's suppose that I have a paid directory and a client wants client.directory.tel and this client wants to make some of their records private - is this possible / allowed to do? 

Another possibility might be to populate a .Tel with a bunch of records or notes listing the type of info available in the .Tel, but make the actual contact links private, and if the visitor wants to access the info they would have to email or register in order to get a password. That way the info would be indexed in Google, but the actual data protected. 

I'm not sure how useful privacy features are at this point - just wanted to get a feeling from others who have explored such possible uses already.

One very probable usage would be a church or company directory, using privacy to protect members contact info. Would this be a good use of a .Tel or an administration nightmare? Of course this wouldn't prevent a member from republishing the info. As for updating the contact info, an administrator with update privileges would be chosen and members could email any changes to him/her.

Thoughts?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-01-2012 02:31 PM

I don't use privacy but an interesting concept is to create hidden subdomains. 
    eg secret.y5.tel is visible only in the DNS if you know the exact subdomain name, but there are no links to it so Google won't find it. Under it you form your private pages.
    Mark

mikeseaton04-01-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 21552)
    I don't use privacy but an interesting concept is to create hidden subdomains
    eg secret.y5.tel is visible only in the DNS if you know the exact subdomain name, but there are no links to it so Google won't find it. Under it you form your private pages.

[size]
    This works well - I've used it myself in the past successfully.

More info re TelFriends and privacy can be found in the thread http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2371

Mike Seaton[/size]

TELcp04-01-2012 04:53 PM

The privacy for page content can be preserved only through TelFriends.
    At present visitors are required to register at TelFriends and must submit a request to view private data on a tel domain.

We have suggested an easier method to Telnic.
    See it in this forum - http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2371

This suggested method does not require visitors to register at TelFriends.
    Instead, the tel Owner creates a dummy/slave account (under main TelFriends account with limited functionality. i.e. Visitors can not edit password.) for a specific telpage content and give away to the selected group of people.
    So, visitors are NOT forced to create accounts at TelFriends.
    And the tel owner has the option to delete/edit the dummy/slave account.

I have no idea if Telnic is going to implement this or not.

tindaya04-01-2012 06:58 PM

i use private in http://gestion.tel and the big problem is that doesnt work the private search. so if you have a big private agenda, is a problem the search

Geo04-03-2012 12:23 AM

Thanks for the tips.

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 9:52 pm