The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

July 2012 templates (initial feedback)

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

July 2012 templates (initial feedback) Empty July 2012 templates (initial feedback)

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:00 am

boracay.tel07-07-2012 10:31 AM

July 2012 templates (initial feedback)

iPad is showing inconsistency in redrawing template 6.

1 .tel logo - It's moving up and down the page about 1cm Per sub domain 
    2. Transparency of user logo/icon shows through making the white surround box look broken. (solution: make white box solid fill). It's important because transparency png transparent logos are used/needed on the mobile proxy.
    3. Main header should swap text to black when a lighter background color is used. (similar to how old templates worked?)

Will add as I find.

teltheworld07-07-2012 12:14 PM

Template 8 not over keen on the 'lobster' font, something like 'Verdana' would have looked better I feel.

Also very surprised the instructional PDF does not seem to contain much in the way of guidance for how to configure email or how to put on Videos and Photos.

I know there are Tools available but any newbie coming to tel who doesn't visit the Forum could be a little bit lost once they get past the basics.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-07-2012 01:12 PM

Again, a way to provide simple CSS or .TSM DNS record overrides would go a long way to appeasing everyone's requirements. Telnic needs to open up and speed up REALISTIC development before more competition arrives with the onset of new TLD's.
    Mark

Simon G07-08-2012 08:19 AM

If it's taken over a year for this. .tels future is not looking hot

boracay.tel07-11-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 24920)
    iPad is showing inconsistency in redrawing template 6.

1 .tel logo - It's moving up and down the page about 1cm Per sub domain 
    2. Transparency of user logo/icon shows through making the white surround box look broken. (solution: make white box solid fill). It's important because transparency png transparent logos are used/needed on the mobile proxy.
    3. Main header should swap text to black when a lighter background color is used. (similar to how old templates worked?)

[size]
    Aled, can you confirm that you are seeing these display issues please?[/size]

Aled07-11-2012 08:22 AM

Hello Boracay,

With regards to each of the points that you have raised:

1 - Yes, we are looking into this issue and working on a fix

2 - I can see your point, however, there are also situations where the user will have a light coloured logo which will not work with a white solid fill in the box. The transparency can be effective for these users. As such there are currently no plans to modify this box.

3 - There are no templates which automatically switch the colour of the text. Such automation would lead to inevitable complains with regards to exactly at which shade of a colour the change is made. We do have some templates with the same design but different colour text e.g. templates 3 and 5. Currently Template 6 (and all of the new templates) are only available in the specific font colours provided, but I note your request for options to have the title in black.

Thanks,
    Aled

boracay.tel07-12-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 24977)
    Hello Boracay,

With regards to each of the points that you have raised:

2 - I can see your point, however, there are also situations where the user will have a light coloured logo which will not work with a white solid fill in the box. The transparency can be effective for these users. As such there are currently no plans to modify this box.

3 - There are no templates which automatically switch the colour of the text. Such automation would lead to inevitable complains with regards to exactly at which shade of a colour the change is made. We do have some templates with the same design but different colour text e.g. templates 3 and 5. Currently Template 6 (and all of the new templates) are only available in the specific font colours provided, but I note your request for options to have the title in black.

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    Point 1. Ok
    Point 2. So nothing will change. Use as is.
    Point 3. considering change. 

Aled, thank you for the reply.[/size]

boracay.tel07-27-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 24977)

Aled

[size]
    any update on this issue please?[/size]

Aled07-27-2012 08:58 AM

Not currently I'm afraid. There are a few updates being included in the release that will correct this that are still being tested. I'll let you know when it is released.

boracay.tel08-17-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 25180)
    Not currently I'm afraid. There are a few updates being included in the release that will correct this that are still being tested. I'll let you know when it is released.

[size]
    any update please?[/size]

Geo08-17-2012 10:48 PM

Why not allow the large picture format (468x351) with all templates?

Why not put the social media links on all templates? 

As for template 8, I'd like to see the subdirectories put into a separate section from the contacts sub-heading to a 'Subfolders' or 'Customizeable' heading. 

Some cosmetic issues: - why does every color selection use the purple color as one gradient color - can't we have it so we can choose two colors or to turn gradient off?

dutchstreetdog08-20-2012 07:33 AM

Yes And pls other font characters

boracay.tel08-20-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 25349)
    Yes And pls other font characters

[size]
    why does the mobile template still NOT open the map "in-line"? 
    please, why?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-20-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 25331)
    Why not allow the large picture format (468x351) with all templates?

Why not put the social media links on all templates? 

As for template 8, I'd like to see the subdirectories put into a separate section from the contacts sub-heading to a 'Subfolders' or 'Customizeable' heading. 

Some cosmetic issues: - why does every color selection use the purple color as one gradient color - can't we have it so we can choose two colors or to turn gradient off?

[size]
    Totally agree with you on all these points and more.
    Mark[/size]

Gibran08-21-2012 03:36 AM

Social media links on new templates do not show on smartphones. Major omission

boracay.tel08-21-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibran (Post 25370)
    Major omission

[size]
    Perhaps there is an updated mobile template about to be delivered[/size]

Gibran08-21-2012 04:05 PM

I fell confident of this

boracay.tel09-06-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 25180)

[size]
    Perhaps the "back to top" link could also be added to the template number 6 in a future update.
    It's a very useful tool (as seen on template 7)
    Thank you for considering this request.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 2:58 am