The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Points and reward system for members at TelTalk

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Points and reward system for members at TelTalk Empty Points and reward system for members at TelTalk

Post by Alex 2012-10-22, 9:13 am

From now on the following points will be given to forum members:

• 1 point per day since registration
    • 20 points per new post
    • 30 points per new profile message (go to the profiles in the member list)
    • 50 points per new relevant subject
    • 100 points per new friend (go to the profiles in the member list)

This way specific activities at TelTalk get honored.

The number of points has been increased strongly in comparison to before, so members can benefit from it for all activities starting after this announcement.

I would like to introduce a reward system later, e. g. in cooperation with service providers for .tel.

At the moment no monetary benefit is created by this, but perhaps we can create something in the future in case .tel will be well-known in the world and the number of members at TelTalk will have been increased too.

I’m always open to suggestions.

You can find your current number of points next to your posts and in the statistics of your profile in the member list.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Points and reward system for members at TelTalk Empty Re: Points and reward system for members at TelTalk

Post by maxi 2012-10-22, 3:59 pm

TelTalk wrote:I’m always open to suggestions.
    My suggestion is to merge all sections of the forum together inside of these few big entries:
    .tel Domains in General
    Specific .tel Domains
    .tel Applications and Services
    .tel Domain Service Providers
    Special Sections
    Outside the Box
    Entertainment

International .tel Communities
    The result will be that without sections forum visually will become more user-friendly.

- Also then there will be no need to scroll that all current "Bible" of sections.

- Also, it will be easier to find something.

- Also, it will be easier to find right place for writing new topic, because big entries are less restrictive then current sections, which now specifies topics very strictly.

------------------------------

Second suggestion is not to put static info like "Total .tel domains" (you can see it at the left side now) and the same statistics and etc. at places where users see it all the time. It is boring.
    Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Points and reward system for members at TelTalk Empty Re: Points and reward system for members at TelTalk

Post by Spocky 2012-10-22, 7:16 pm

maxi wrote:My suggestion is to merge all sections of the forum together inside of these few big entries:
    In a way you're right, but I like that the topics are separated. I can go directly to the things I'm interested in. If I was away for a few days, I can see the latest topics or posts since my last visit and new posts are highlighted visually. If all topics of a section get merged, content from special sections as ".tel domain sales" can't be found easily anymore. And some section as ".tel domains in general" would grow too big, since they are already full with a lot of topics. The overview would suffer more during the next years when more members would join the forum.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-10-23, 4:44 am

Spocky wrote:
    maxi wrote:My suggestion is to merge all sections of the forum together inside of these few big entries:
    In a way you're right, but I like that the topics are separated. I can go directly to the things I'm interested in. If I was away for a few days, I can see the latest topics or posts since my last visit and new posts are highlighted visually. If all topics of a section get merged, content from special sections as ".tel domain sales" can't be found easily anymore. And some section as ".tel domains in general" would grow too big, since they are already full with a lot of topics. The overview would suffer more during the next years when more members would join the forum.
    Yes, every solution has its pluses and minuses. If more forum members would express their opinion about vision of the forum, then it would be easier for forum owners to modify it to the best of possible variants.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-10-23, 8:42 pm

The titles on the right under the avatar don't match the content ratings, having 1000 forum posts does not make someone a dot tel "expert" or "professional" it makes them "chatty or extremely social" or anti social possibly.

However having 1000 "liked" up ranked posts about dot tel topics that have been vetted by the community and adds value does make them a professional/expert if those posts were tagged with a particular keyword.

Aka not just "liked" but liked because it's a type of "response"/"reply"/"advice".

Also the title rankings for professional or expert should only apply to people who have more "reason is" "liked" posts than "social" posts.

As to ensure in the case of people who post heavily with nothing to add they can't just rank themselves up and fake having the ability to give "quality advice" on the dot tel subject.

Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-10-24, 9:33 am

fustachio.tel wrote:The titles on the right under the avatar don't match the content ratings, having 1000 forum posts does not make someone a dot tel "expert" or "professional" it makes them "chatty or extremely social" or anti social possibly.
    Thank you for the advice.

I've thought about something more reasonable and updated the ranking.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-22, 11:52 am

I wоuld likе tо prоpоsе fоr fоrum оwnеrs tо соnsidеr thе usеfulnеss оf hаving "Rеputаtiоn" in mеmbеrs’ prоfilеs.

In а usuаl еntеrtаinmеnt fоrum it соuld bе niсе tо hаvе it. But this fоrum diffеrs frоm fоrums fоr spеnding frее-timе in thаt thаt it is аbоut prоduсt аnd, соnsеquеntly, аbоut mоnеy. Bесаusе оf thаt hеrе, bеhind thе sсеnеs, соuld bе "intеrеstеd pаrtiеs" аnd hеrе аlsо соuld bе аttеmpts tо mаnipulаtе оpiniоns оf fоrum visitоrs.

Thаt "rеputаtiоn", if mаnipulаtеd, instеаd оf hеlping visitоrs tо dесidе whаt is whаt in thаt situаtion will mislеаd thеm. Tо mаnipulаtе "rеputаtiоn" is vеry еаsy - it is еnоugh tо rеgistеr а сlоnеd ассоunt аnd thеn оwnеr оf thеsе cloned ассоunts will put "likеs" tо еvеry his pоst in other his account аnd in this wаy vеry sооn will gеt his "gооd rеputаtiоn" in bоth of his accоunts.

Аnоthеr wаy, if соmpаny's еmplоyееs will bеgin tо put "likеs" tо еvеry pоst оf thеir соllеаguеs. Vеry sооn thеy аll will bесоmе "еxpеrts" with high rеputаtiоn. Аnd thеn this fоrum will bесоmе thеir fоrum whеrе thеir vоiсеs will bе thе dесiding оnеs.

In suсh situаtiоn lоsеrs will bе indеpеndеnt fоrum mеmbеrs аnd сustоmеrs whо hаvе оnly оnе ассоunt. Аnd it will bе thеy whо will bе mаnipulаtеd by оnе оr аnоthеr pаrty оr сlоnеs.

I pеrsоnаlly dо nоt sее аny rеliаblе wаy tо prеvеnt this еxсеpt оf rеfusing frоm "rеputаtiоn" аnd "pоints" systеms.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-22, 2:09 pm

All great points but if you have a "high" ranking arn't those people who link to their .tels more likely to be trusted by someone browsing? after all this is a .tel forum! and like when we're told to always ask for ID from visitors who knock at our front door, should it not be the same here as much as in any online space when reading anything? aka grain of salt and all that

I in no way think my opnion is better than anyone elses but the fact I display who I am should give weight that I am not just here to do X Y Z, I'm not asking for a Google style blanket name and shame situation, I'm basicly saying I understand you but I'm thinking and asking that extra features be turned off for people who don't link to a .tel, even if it's blank and the whois is some random name it's better than nothing! because it shows if a link was placed on it to their teltalk profile that they own a voice and is that not all we have online?

Twitter is anon to a degree but you are judged by others by what you say and followed = a vote of intrest/validation, so yes what people say here can give visitors impressions but if we're adults don't we question motives? reasons? and whos behind it? so we don't believe everything we read? I should think it's mostly kids who fall for "someone died twitter trending" but adults do too, however I think the simple solution would be to have a two tier membership, like guests and members, those who join are welcome to say anything they want within reason and law but those who display a .tel link and can prove its theres with a back link to their teltalk profile should get ranked by other members who also display their .tel ID and those who don't can't get ranked or even give any rank until they add a link to their account and show they are members of tel.

I'm all for anon voices and opnions but I don't believe this is the place for that, no one here is at risk of being exposed as X Y Z, you've all freely joined .tel by adding your contact infomation in a .tel page or sub page and that is avaible to everyone online and offline, and while I don't expect to know your name or want to from a privacy point of view linking to a .tel gives us an over view of who we're dealing with, In my case you may not like dealing with me but at least you know where I'm coming from, and if the issue is that you dont want to hold an account linked to your tel because you feel it would cause you issues vs what you can say then just ask teltalk if you can have two accounts, an anon one for when you want to rage and your legitamte one when you want to be taken seriously.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-22, 2:23 pm

So guest member and full member, usualy forums have ranks aka groups you can place people in, like mods and other things so why not do that here? there must be a way to make only a group have access to likes and ranking so that you can have your anon account = all new accounts and a legitimate one when you want to say something you want others to take serious = placed in a group by teltalk after you requested it. Not that I don't take what you say now serious I mean in the context of the topics at hand.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-22, 4:53 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:... if you have a "high" ranking arn't those people who link to their .tels more likely to be trusted by someone browsing?
    As fоr mе, I think thаt а fаct thаt а pеrsоn оwns а TEL will nоt fоrcе mе tо trust him оr tо rеspеct him. Trust аnd rеspеct dо nоt dеpеnd frоm thеsе things.

Nоr it will risе mу rеspеct whеn I will sее thаt sоmеbоdу hаvе а high "rеputаtiоn" in his prоfilе. If I will dеcidе thаt sоmеbоdу tаlks аnd dо wisе things, оnlу thеn I will rеspеct him. Cоntrаrу, if I will nоticе thаt sоmеbоdу tаlks аnd dо nоnsеnsеs thеn I will nоt rеspеct him. It аll dоеs nоt dеpеnd frоm numbеrs writtеn in thе prоfilеs in thе sеctiоn "rеputаtiоn". But it dеpеnd whаt rеаl rеputаtiоn thаt pеrsоn hаd еаrnеd in mу еуеs bу his bеhаviоr. I think thаt mоst pеоple wоuld аgree with mе in using thеse critеria for rеspеct or disrespеct оf sоmebody.

Bеcаusе оf thаt I think thаt аll thоsе writtеn pоints аnd еtc. will sеrvе оnlу fоr thе prоfit оf pеоplе whо wоuld likе tо usе thеm in thеir gаmеs, аnd will bring lоssеs tо nоrmаl hоnеst usеrs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 5:31 pm