The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+3
fustachio.tel
mikeseaton
Rambo
7 posters

We are wasting our time!

Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

We are wasting our time! Empty We are wasting our time!

Post by Rambo 2012-11-24, 7:35 am

Caused by the increasing number of discussions on this forum, again I got some interest to add my opinion here as well.
    But today I'm considering my involvement once again.
    With this forum Alex set up a very helpful resource for .tel, but will it change anything?

I doubt it and I've come to the following conclusions:
    - Telnic won't improve their product as it has been requested by their customers countless times.
    - The smallest enhancements for .tel take years to be developed.
    - The methods and actions how to lead .tel to success can be found on this forum visible for everyone, but Telnic just don't want to do the obvious.
    - Telnic is not even interested in what their customers have to say.
    - Telnic is following a broken business strategy by making customers and partners angry, forbidding every communication and creating strange company structures to avoid following ICANN regulations.
    - As long Telnic don't get a new management they will do everything to prevent the success of their own product.
    - It's unbelievable that people working on such a great business idea like the DNS concept behind .tel are not able to find the right business approach.

Hence this is my last entry on Teltalk until the CEO at Telnic has been replaced or I'll see a strong improvement in business strategy at Telnic by miracle.
    Should I ever write a comment about .tel in public before this has happened, please remind me not wasting my time for this project again.
    Thank you and good luck by running against walls!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

We are wasting our time! Empty Re: We are wasting our time!

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-24, 7:47 am

Rambo wrote:Should I ever write a comment about .tel in public before this has happened, please remind me not waisting my time for this project again.
    Thank you and good luck by running against walls!
    @Rambo - sorry to see you go - the .tel project has seen a large number of internet entrepreneurs give up in sheer frustration with Telnic !

Just remember this:

The nice thing about banging your head against a brick wall is when you stop doing it !

Hopefully Telnic will see the light soon, release the Telnames template to all their existing customers (via Telnic registrars), start the essential worldwide marketing, create a worldwide affiliate program using Commission Junction and/or TradeDoubler, stop ignoring reasonable customer requests, etc, etc ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-24, 8:54 am

I can see why you'd want to give up but if you want to be an entrepreneur then this should't stop you doing what you want and neither should anything else, teltalk is not just here to talk about tel domains and although that's what it's born out of I like to think that it's a home to talk about "start-ups" and "new business models" that might help entrepreneurs not give up and or find a right path.

I'm sure there are plenty of forums dedicated to "entrepreneurs" but I'd never be comfortable in those as I get the impression it would be full of egomaniacs who'd not be willing to try anything new just like most of those wont try to or support the use of a tel domain, and would only spout "what worked for them" even if it's an out dated business model that would lead me to fail.

I don't want to be anywhere I'm looked down upon because I choose a path different to others and shun some social networks, I prefer to be around those who are trying a similar path and as we're not corporations we're individuals with hopes, dreams and the desire to build something for ourself's that gives benefit to the small communities we will eventually provide for I don't think you should give up talking and offering ideas, and even re-selling domains is still providing a small community with a service like it or not..

I believe business models change quickly much like you seem to do and because we're in the internet age they have to change as fast as possible, and when they don't work we just have to keep on repeating it until they get it and fix it, so I agree that things need to be done quicker at telnames/telnic, but to be fair to them I've seen small changes implemented recently and one is the ability to have the map closed.

Which was suggested here and was necessary as it doesn't need to be open for people who prefer it closed, so anyway if you're tired of talking tel then stop but don't stop offering "out the box advice" as I'm sure you have a POV worth listening too or you'd not have posted a nicely laid out one above.

So here's a relevant quote I found today:

We believe that the digital community has the innovative spirit needed to make the world a better place #GivingTuesday

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/272218469263605761

Here’s how you can get involved:

On Tuesday, Nov. 27, give back to your community in any way you can.

Take a photo with your give. Write “I’m giving” followed by what you’re giving and to whom. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #GivingTuesday.
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2012-11-24, 10:10 am

new management will happen this is part of the reason i first got my dot tels just hankg on in there this lot will soon be gone.
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2012-11-25, 3:26 am

fustachio.tel wrote:...so I agree that things need to be done quicker at telnames/telnic, but to be fair to them I've seen small changes implemented recently and one is the ability to have the map closed.

Is that right? Are you talking about telnames?

I have always wanted the map to be automatically in the "opened" state (talking telnic original here) for directories sub domains and asked for that numerous times. Was always turned down.
    Did I miss something?

In anycase, the need for options exists on just about everything telnic provides as default. The default does not fit for all. This has caused enormous heartache over even the simplest of functions. The decision to force owners of a .tel to go this way (ie no other way) has been the biggest error to date (in my opinion).

3rd party tools are the answer. More options to be provided to those owners via 3rd party tools.
    Sure, telnic provides a default to all at time of setup, but let those that need flexibility have it.

Would solve a LOT.
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2012-11-25, 5:33 am

Boracay wrote:3rd party tools are the answer. More options to be provided to those owners via 3rd party tools.
    Sure, telnic provides a default to all at time of setup, but let those that need flexibility have it.

Would solve a LOT.
    Right, if Telnic don't want to develop, at least they could allow others to improve .tel!
    Telnot
    Telnot
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnot 2012-11-26, 6:53 am

I don't think we are wasting our time. This forum is very entertaining!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 1:44 am