The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+3
hobo
Bunjie
Alex
7 posters

Get online with Telnames for just £5

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Get online with Telnames for just £5 Empty Get online with Telnames for just £5

Post by Alex 2012-05-18, 6:23 am

With a .tel name from Telnames there is now a quick, easy and affordable way for you to benefit from being found on smartphones.

Use code VMFIVE at Telnames.com to get yours for just £5.00 (year 1).
    Alex
    Admin

Get online with Telnames for just £5 Empty Re: Get online with Telnames for just £5

Post by Alex 2012-05-18, 1:35 pm

The offer is valid for new registrations and transfers, but only until 31st July 2012!
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Get online with Telnames for just £5 Empty Re: Get online with Telnames for just £5

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-18, 6:55 pm

TelTalk wrote:The offer is valid for new registrations and transfers, but only until 31st July 2012!

Well I now own a telnames .tel modeler.tel thanks incentive!
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-18, 7:01 pm

Bunjie wrote:Well I now own a telnames .tel modeler.tel thanks incentive!
    Very nice! Until you find a nice picture to upload, perhaps you can use one of the default background pictures.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-18, 7:44 pm

TelTalk wrote:
    Bunjie wrote:Well I now own a telnames .tel modeler.tel thanks incentive!
    Very nice! Until you find a nice picture to upload, perhaps you can use one of the default background pictures.

My partners looking through her archives for something to use, I'll have a look through the defaults though.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-19, 11:11 am

Bought another dam it, switching my partners to 3dmodeler.tel and mine to modeler.tel as redirects work I can keep my subdomains on bunjie.tel with content and for development and have a better front page.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-19, 11:16 am

Nice move!

Thank you also for linking to TelTalk.org.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-19, 6:04 pm

TelTalk wrote:Nice move!

Thank you also for linking to TelTalk.org.

No worries I hope teltalk grows and fixes the whole 'under thumb' worries of the old forum, because .tel deserves to be the best way we can communicate who we are and theres no point communicating anything in an echo chamber that only echo's what I could refer to 'the party line', or 'the brand line' without having the ability to let bad ideas echo out and good ideas permeate through the pillars of telmasters.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-19, 7:26 pm

Bunjie wrote:No worries I hope teltalk grows and fixes the whole 'under thumb' worries of the old forum, because .tel deserves to be the best way we can communicate who we are and theres no point communicating anything in an echo chamber that only echo's what I could refer to 'the party line', or 'the brand line' without having the ability to let bad ideas echo out and good ideas permeate through the pillars of telmasters.
    Yes, I also see a lot of advantages in providing an independent .tel forum like public accessibility, allowance for criticism without banning members, a more flexible usage, a wider range of topics, easier access for newbies and starting alternative projects without dependency on and permission from Telnic.

Anyway the future of this forum depends on the future success of .tel as well. If .tel won't make a breakthrough, TelTalk won't find acceptance either.
    But perhaps we can support the right direction for success a little bit.

At the moment TelTalk is the only English active & public forum specialized in .tel domains.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-20, 3:30 pm

As for this £5 offer I think thats all telnames is worth with regards to one page etc, so I hope they decide to keep the coupon code active or completely reduce the £14 price to a straight £5 or £4.99 as we all know .99 is that illusion barrier with regards to sales more people are likely to pick up feeling it's £4 than £5, and so when the money rolls in it should be a success.

I can get a name.com .tel for £9.99 USD = 6.31310 GBP so it's the golden zone.. and they'd get more sales in cheap bulk than expensive singles.

So I own 3 telnames .tels

http://3dmodeler.tel/
    http://modeler.tel/
    http://furtainment.tel/

And that's as far as I'll go as I'm at my limit, it's a good offer and redirect works so I can still use my old domain urls I'll redirect to them and add some content and leave it at that, sit and see what Justin decides to do about the price.

Maybe it should be that whole 'price of a coffee' area where you can pick up your .tel from a starbucks, then use it to advertise your services as we all know farewell people are sitting in there using the wifi and writing books or job searching on laptops, that's your small business 'area' that require a great way to express who they are and what they can offer, and like I keep asking putting in that minutebox behind the video so they can have a live stream video link to them will save people money and allow .tel to be used on a direct one to one basis like all real world contact cards do.

And the virtual currency would benefit the registrars to be exchanges to cream some profit off the top, peanuts but it all adds up if .tel gets into the millions of registrations.

I'm also having massive Déjà vu I hate when this happens.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-22, 3:40 am

TelTalk wrote:Use code VMFIVE at Telnames.com to get yours for just £5.00 (year 1).
    If £5.00 is too little money for you, now you have a second option by spending this amount almost twice:

Use the exclusive code SMEHUB from B2 Business Hub and you pay £9.95.

(You still safe £5.00 in comparison to the original price at Telnames.)
    hobo
    hobo

Post by hobo 2012-05-22, 8:06 am

gobigcity wrote:I have a bad feeling that the .tel domains we bought to build directories will soon be worthless. Really pissed off at Telnic
    I has same feeling too. Dirty games are played by Telnic's director. Best thing, which people who want Telnic's success can do now - is boycotte products of Telnames. Don't buy anything from Telnames. Lets them go to banckroptcy as soon as possible. This will makes a chance to change Telnic director.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-22, 9:20 am

I don't think Telnic is playing dirty games; they are just confused themselves about the missing success and struggling in finding ways to change this.

Regarding Telnames we don't have to think about it too much: Telnames sells only about 10 .tel domains per day; so they don't have any significant influence at all.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-22, 2:26 pm

hobo wrote:
    gobigcity wrote:I have a bad feeling that the .tel domains we bought to build directories will soon be worthless. Really pissed off at Telnic
    I has same feeling too. Dirty games are played by Telnic's director. Best thing, which people who want Telnic's success can do now - is boycotte products of Telnames. Don't buy anything from Telnames. Lets them go to banckroptcy as soon as possible. This will makes a chance to change Telnic director.

TelTalk wrote:I don't think Telnic is playing dirty games; they are just confused themselves about the missing success and struggling in finding ways to change this.

Regarding Telnames we don't have to think about it too much: Telnames sells only about 10 .tel domains per day; so they don't have any significant influence at all.

I don't think the telnames proxy + brand will become the de facto for every other registrar as it's their custom proxy service tailored to professionals and business interests, however if you've tried a telnames CP with this cheap offer the number on it is like G3 https://manage.telnames.com/g3/login.action I guess it stands for generation 3 where as my name.com is G2 http://telhosting.name.com/g2/login.action generation 2.

On the 22nd May we saw http://androidandiphoneapps.tel/ registered with an update of the old theme used by all registrars (now hidden to a basic telnames theme) and it made me feel a little upset but I think I've figured it out, the G3 Telnames CP is the new control panel for everyone and that new theme teltalk spotted was part of the updated basic themes pack that everyone will get and they're using the telnames proxy to work on G3 CP bugs etc and the themes in a live environment.

So you'll likely get the G3 telnames control panel but probably without the backgrounds and the white theme telnames uses for it's branding, but with updated older still in use themes and get to keep your sub domains, so in conclusion spending money on a telnames is like donating to those who are doing the development work because that can go right into the pocket of artists and programmers behind it and so that's why I can't agree with boycotting them as you'll incidentally harm the work being done on our new themes.

And that's why I likely felt it was right to buy 3 of them without knowing fully why and why I think you should donate to them by using the £5 offer for some of the domains you would camp at name, then later transfer them back to name so that you give telnames developers more money to work on G3 CP and the themes pack.
    gobigcity
    gobigcity

Get online with Telnames for just £5 Empty fingers crossed

Post by gobigcity 2012-05-22, 6:10 pm

Well if someone builds out iphoneandadnroidapps.tel then my SmartphoneApps.tel may be worth something one day
    hobo
    hobo

Post by hobo 2012-05-23, 6:16 am

This is from other forum about what bad is in Telnames:

As far as I understand the situation is - for our money Telnik management created a new company that is using Telnik technology platform and is planning to act as a superstructure above it. Why I say "for our money?" - because Telnik employees instead of working on the development of standard solutions, work for a company Telnames.

In my opinion is no question of closing the .tel zone or something similar there, but here is the inadequacy of Telnik in having not a desire to develop standard products and to market .tel, but instead they play their game in the darkness with no respect to the users, and used repression that they arrange in their forum and actual moves which for me resembles attempt of fraudness - and it make me afraid. Now Telnik forum is becoming a mouthpiece of Telnames, due to some users who are clearly are paid posters.

Now becomes clear to many of the Telnik earlier moves: for example, the desire to make new functions without integrating them into a standard panel, which should force users to buy services of Telnames. Although the integration of such functions like advertising and video to standart panel is not a difficult job for a company if freelancers do this very quickly.

In any case, I think we must be prepared to act decisively in defense of our rights, and for this we must unite, as it is obvious Telnik go now far away from the direction of the original stated goals.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-24, 2:54 pm

hobo wrote:This is from other forum about what bad is in Telnames:

As far as I understand the situation is - for our money Telnik management created a new company that is using Telnik technology platform and is planning to act as a superstructure above it. Why I say "for our money?" - because Telnik employees instead of working on the development of standard solutions, work for a company Telnames.

In my opinion is no question of closing the .tel zone or something similar there, but here is the inadequacy of Telnik in having not a desire to develop standard products and to market .tel, but instead they play their game in the darkness with no respect to the users, and used repression that they arrange in their forum and actual moves which for me resembles attempt of fraudness - and it make me afraid. Now Telnik forum is becoming a mouthpiece of Telnames, due to some users who are clearly are paid posters.

Now becomes clear to many of the Telnik earlier moves: for example, the desire to make new functions without integrating them into a standard panel, which should force users to buy services of Telnames. Although the integration of such functions like advertising and video to standart panel is not a difficult job for a company if freelancers do this very quickly.

In any case, I think we must be prepared to act decisively in defense of our rights, and for this we must unite, as it is obvious Telnik go now far away from the direction of the original stated goals.

Well they did own telnames domain a while before all this and I always thought it was "for our money" which is why I screamed and shouted so I'm not just a paid mouth piece of or for them regardless of if I choose to try it out for a year to learn more about it for £5, I redirect so no loss, not knowing what something is on the inside makes it harder to articulate the truth, at least by trying it we can formulate a substantiated opinion about aka it gives us a better perspective.

I don't want to be seen as a sell out or a turn coat but I feel I have enough knowledge to say that from my own perspective I have to give them the time and the benefit of the doubt right now as even though I can't agree with some things they have chosen to do, we have a large gap in knowing whats going on and what all this costs and it's staggering compared to owning 1-30 .tel domains if they're not just a registrar in name only.

Anything anyone does is for profit? very few do it because it's their desire to see a better world, also they can't close the .tel zone that all other registrars use as that's a legal agreement with icann that they allow others to do such and I don't think that's in the interests of being fair play and not having an unfair advantage so telnames can't be the only 'provider', but if you want conspiracy you'd need to prove or suggest that they factored in that no registrar would do the development and they'd get to do it as it would show iccan, who would then let them turn a profit.

Anyway they have to have the public version but you might be right about them being seen as a layer on top but any registrar even telchina could be seen as the same, but telnames happens to be them and other registrars no matter how much we contacted them, shouted and screamed would not do this kind of development as the costs might be immense and their return is small though existing registrars had the advantage of capital being in place from other domains they sell in bulk but the costs they'd get back from running their own proxy is small unless they do what I suggested to act as a bank with a virtual currency plugged into their customers wallets, not literal wallets the virtual wallets they all ready have and cream a little something from every transaction, and let artists sell backgrounds and themes 'a tel store', I have no problem with paying once a year a little more to an artist that came up with a new way of displaying my information and if telnames or telnic or another registrar creamed something off of that transaction so be it, it's drives a micro economy and I get to look better.

When I wanted us to run a proxy I went to icann and looked up the requirements for myself you can see them here: http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/accreditation/financials

US$3,500 non-refundable application fee, to be submitted with application.
    US$4,000 yearly accreditation fee due upon approval and each year thereafter.

Applicants seeking initial accreditation must demonstrate the ability to procure liquid capital immediately available in the applicant's name at the commencement of the accreditation period in an amount of US$70,000 or more before the ICANN accreditation becomes effective.

US$77,500 just to get started and then you have costs for developer wages, tax, marketing etc so let's say US$100,000 - £50,000-60,000 aka 100,000.00 USD = 63,840.92 GBP http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=100000&From=USD&To=GBP

So just to be a registrar you need like $70,000 or more in the bank even to just apply so that you have emergency capital, now mark I believe he said they are using a loop hole to only look like a registrar and I don't see them on this list http://www.icann.org/registrar-reports/accredited-list.html so does this prove they're only a registrar in name and don't need US$77,500 just to get started? well that's in their favor and our favor I would guess as they avoid the need to be putting up large amounts of capital and fees, but that also means any money we give them goes direct to the developers and artists at this time and as that £5 offer is on they're not just getting £5 it's likely being back funded by the magazine that it's published in aka they make up the difference of £5-£14 so telnames aka telnic is getting the full amount, but after most of the main work is done they'll be raking in the profit but then that's the fault of the registrars who neglected us and might be the spark that pushes them to look at what they can do with .tel.

We have to be realistic no one else can and will do it so why not just let them carry on then roll over the code with different themes and slightly different CP theme to the regular proxy?

The only issue really is the sub domain issue, the cost of telnames and the new theme issue, the cost of telnames doesn't matter to us as I don't think we'll be forced to use them so that renders the sub domain issue inert so as we don't need to leave name.com and other registrars we should have nothing to worry about.

So anyway the point is any registrar has the ability to run and develop and attract customers to rake in profits, they haven't done so and they've truly abandoned us just like domainmonster did when they spent years not visiting the forums or gave us redirecting emails for .tels for double the cost of name.com, and if telnic want to do the development I say let them.

On top of what ever it's maybe costing Justin to fund the pay for developers and artists and marketing, getting a loan in this economy is tough he may have mortgaged his house and sold his car for all we know so because maybe the massive financial aspect is high, and we have to assume they can't take money from telnic as an alleged separate business for legal reasons then these running costs have to be met by someone somehow.

Or theres the other possibility of executives sitting at telnic doing nothing for the last 3 years when they realized it was not living up to the projected returns, then making massive income to funnel into telnames as the real goal or secondary goal to make their money back.

Either way business is business as long as we get what we're willing to pay for I can wait one more year before taking part in a lawsuit, how about you?
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-07-03, 5:55 am

So, just an update to this thread title, the Telnames discount offer was withdrawn.

Apparently we were not supposed to use VMFIVE as it was for a local promotion and not intended for the general public benefit.

Hope you used the incentive while it lasted, gone now.

Additionally, in case you were unaware, you cannot create an account and transfer to Telnames until you first make a purchase/registration directly first, at full price it would seem.

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-07-11, 7:52 am

telrific wrote:

So, just an update to this thread title, the Telnames discount offer was withdrawn.
    If you look at http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1wnxj/XLBusinessMay2012/resources/39.htm it quite clearly still says in the bottom right "Offer available to redeem online until 31/7/12"

If you can't read the small print easily then "View Source" and search for the word "until" (without quotes).

In business it's a good idea to honour commitments you make - I would hope Telnames will feel they should do this and keep their registration/transfer offer open to 31 July 2012 as stated in their advert !.

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Abh
    Abh

Post by Abh 2012-07-20, 6:55 am

the telnames group are taking a very long time to deliver a working solution on changing simple data with a mobile iPhone. no response for weeks on that subject

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 3:23 pm