The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
Tim Spears
maxi
6 posters

Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools Empty Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools

Post by maxi 2013-01-24, 1:36 pm

Here I open a common topic for found bugs and possible improvements for third-party tools and services for TEL.

I remember these main services for placing info, ads and images for TEL:

https://www.telmasters.com

https://www.telcp.com

http://teldomains.pl

If you will found bugs or ways to improve these services (and other similar services), please, post your ideas here, in this topic. May be it is better to have one topic for all such services, because then it will be easier to find all info related to this services.

Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools Empty Re: Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools

Post by Tim Spears 2013-01-24, 3:07 pm

Telmasters: the template colors get changed by updating contact data
    Telcp: an empty site without error message appears in case the Telnic control panel authorization for Telcp has been expired
    Teldomains.pl: no English (that's no bug of course)
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools Empty Re: Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-24, 5:43 pm

Teldomains.pl: no English? theres English when you start you choose http://teldomains.pl/reklamy/ Język / language: PL or EN but it would be nice to switch I guess or have it auto detect browser language or via geo ip location.
    Or do you mean the site is not English? not much he can do about that other than installing a google translate toolbar. http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/now-you-can-polish-up-googles.html http://support.google.com/translate theres a top bar that can added to your website that auto detects language and offers to translate it.
    Embedding on intranet pages

The Website Translator plugin will work if it's embedded on a web page that's hosted within a corporate intranet. However, since the Element cannot distinguish intranet web pages from normal web pages, intranet web pages are handled like normal web pages. So unless it is hosted on a secure server, a secure connection will not be used to send the content of the web page to Google for translation. As with the translation of normal web pages, Google may log a small portion of the text for translation quality purposes but not in a way that is associated with a Google Account. Please check with your system administrator or IT department before embedding the Translate Web Element on intranet pages.
    Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools 23hk5ex
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2013-01-24, 5:55 pm

I apologize, but my Polish was not got enough to find the English link.
    And I wouldn't use a service that works only with a translator.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-24, 6:22 pm

Tim Spears wrote:I apologize, but my Polish was not got enough to find the English link.
    And I wouldn't use a service that works only with a translator.
    Then it needs a dedicated sub domain and multiple language support.
    So ahould the community not be requiring that like telnic force/ask/require registrars to make it easy for a customer to find their control panel like telhosting.name.com or telhosting.something.com then 3rd party "telpplications" should have a standard uniform sub domain? if not accessible via the main URL? like idk "telservice"?
    Then people only need to type telservice.something.com if it's hard to navigate the main site due to language barriers and other things.
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2013-01-24, 6:56 pm

It's very good if .tel gets support in different languages, because not all Poles can speak English.
    But this service will be used only regionally.
    In general there is a bigger problem, because the services above are not connected to the registrars or the place where domains get sold.
    Only if the customer will get the needed service from a single source, it will be accepted and used.
    It's very kind of these websites to give their service away for free, but without the cooperation with registrars they will never be discovered.
    Only the Polish service seems to be part of a registrar, but I don't know how good the integration into the normal control panel is.
    TELcp
    TELcp
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELcp 2013-01-24, 9:01 pm

Tim Spears wrote:Telcp: an empty site without error message appears in case the Telnic control panel authorization for Telcp has been expired

This is NOT a bug.
    Blank page is displayed when the OAuth Token has expired.
    TELcp system then produces an ERROR code, and it is displayed.

This issue and how to reactivate the expired OAuth Token manually are explained under FAQs.
    This information has been available for almost ONE year.
    Please read the FAQs for .tel Owners.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re Improvements:

All further improvements are on hold until Telnic Publishes a Roadmap.
    Only attending to any security updates.
    See our post http://www.teltalk.org/t863-the-internet-of-things-tel-s-big-opportunity#4976
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2013-01-24, 9:34 pm

Thank you for the feedback and the great work!
    TELcp
    TELcp
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELcp 2013-01-24, 10:26 pm

TELcp wrote:All further improvements are on hold until Telnic Publishes a Roadmap.

Thought of clarifying above statement.
    What we mean by "Roadmap" in our posts here is not only referring to the common roadmap what is required by developers who populate .tel domains. There is no proper development "Roadmap" for developers of tools, apps and services for .tel.
    Developing tools, apps and services mean investing money, labour and time. Therefore, any developer of such services expect something in return (financial or otherwise) for the work. But, in order to develop such tools/apps/services developers need a guarantee that their end product(s) will be completed according to a schedule. What happens when there is no roadmap or whatever the guidance available is withdrawn all of a sudden? What is the level of trustworthiness? Who wants to get involved in such projects?

The .tel is not a complete product.
    It needs improvement/development.
    Telnic don't not have to listen to anyone (customers or developers).
    But they should stick to a Plan. And let others know when changing the plan. Otherwise, people will not trust what they say.
    This is one of the core problems of Telnic.
    Now it has come to a point where we can no longer believe what they announce and publish.
    So, we are compelled to just wait and see what happens next.
    Even if something happens next, can we trust them??????
    Something is wrong somewhere for sure.
    So, talking about this over and over again is wasting our own time.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-28, 1:50 am

If to add "search" function to every page of Telcp_com service, then it would be easier and quicker to find necessary sub-folder. Especially that could save time managing TEL-projects with big number of sub-folders.

Also, it could make managing easier if user could set the number of sub-folders shown, for example, 10 - 20 - 30 - 50 - 100 - 200.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-28, 1:59 am

In Telmasters_com I miss possibility to add Ads to all sub-folders at one click.

Very good thing is that at Telmasters_com it is possible to add 3 headers to a page. Sometimes it is necessary to have 4 headers. But I am not sure, is it possible to do or not?
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2013-01-28, 5:24 am

maxi wrote:In Telmasters_com I miss possibility to add Ads to all sub-folders at one click.
    ?

This is a power-user feature for a small fee. Works really well too. ...don't forget to try using the %% variable substitute tool. Takes the subdomain part of subdomain.yourtel.tel (ie your keyword) and can be used in a sentence to add SEO juice or another use is to reference hundreds of icons in a single pass. That is your icon might be located at http://yoursistersite.com/icons/"subdomain".youtel.jpg

Hope that makes sense
    Cheers
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-28, 7:28 am

Boracay wrote:This is a power-user feature for a small fee. Works really well too.
    Boracay, thanks! It is good to know that.

Boracay wrote:...don't forget to try using the %% variable substitute tool.
    Is that tool free or for a small fee?

Boracay wrote:Takes the subdomain part of subdomain.yourtel.tel (ie your keyword) and can be used in a sentence to add SEO juice or another use is to reference hundreds of icons in a single pass. That is your icon might be located at http://yoursistersite.com/icons/"subdomain".youtel.jpg
    http://yoursistersite.com/icons/"subdomain".youtel.jpg = Could not locate remote server

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-28, 8:10 am

By the way, today Telcp_com is not working on my computer.
    TelFan
    TelFan

Post by TelFan 2013-01-28, 8:18 am

maxi wrote:By the way, today Telcp_com is not working on my computer.
    On mine it's working fine.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-28, 9:21 am

I tried with Opera and Chrome, and it is possible to login and to see the list of my TEL-domains, but then I click "manage domain" it shows no subfolders, and is empty like this:

Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools Ddbbb54c12babc9f16d6a1227f8cce20
    TelFan
    TelFan

Post by TelFan 2013-01-28, 9:33 am

maxi wrote:I tried with Opera and Chrome, and it is possible to login and to see the list of my TEL-domains, but then I click "manage domain" it shows no subfolders, and is empty like this:
    Perhaps you have to check if Telcp has still permission to access your domain:
    Tim Spears wrote:Telcp: an empty site without error message appears in case the Telnic control panel authorization for Telcp has been expired
    If you are not sure, I recommend deleting the domain and adding it new.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-28, 9:51 am

TelFan wrote:If you are not sure, I recommend deleting the domain and adding it new.
    It is not possible now - no action can be made with domain now.
    TelFan
    TelFan

Post by TelFan 2013-01-28, 11:00 am

maxi wrote:
    TelFan wrote:If you are not sure, I recommend deleting the domain and adding it new.
    It is not possible now - no action can be made with domain now.
    Did you use the option "Remove from Telcp" or is that not possible?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-28, 11:30 am

TelFan wrote:Did you use the option "Remove from Telcp" or is that not possible?
    No, it is not possible - at my computer, at least. It is possible "to add domain". But to manage domains is not possible. Who knows, may be tomorrow something will change.
    TELcp
    TELcp
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELcp 2013-01-28, 1:21 pm

maxi wrote:I tried with Opera and Chrome, and it is possible to login and to see the list of my TEL-domains, but then I click "manage domain" it shows no subfolders, and is empty like this:

Please clear cache in the computer browser.
    It is possible that certain data is cached during transit.

Other reason could be due to a poor/slow internet connection.

Cheers!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-28, 2:03 pm

TELcp wrote:Please clear cache in the computer browser.[color=#1F497D]TELcp, thanks!

After cleaning the cashe the result is the same - after clicking on "manage domain" apeares the empty field.

Bugs & improvements of / for third-party tools Ddbbb54c12babc9f16d6a1227f8cce20

If the matter is with slow connection, then it could be checked tomorrow, then the another day will come.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-29, 10:48 am

Today service works normally. TELcp, thank you for the help!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-26, 8:10 pm

At Telcp service sometimes I see that after changing something at "image Ads", sometimes URL addresses change spontaneously - "Image Ad Source URL" to "Destination URL" and vise versa.

It happen not every time, but few times it happened to me. The last one was now. After I changed URLs to the right places, image Ads on that my TEL began to work again.

fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-27, 4:10 pm

My only complaint is short and small, that services meant to be for mobile updating your tel data on the fly so fast etc have their own login system, I do not use such services or return to them as I have trouble pulling out passwords even when saved in a keepass DB I have.

Multitasking on mobile devices is hard for me, perhaps its better for iphones would not know all I know is If i have to mess about to find, reset, get a password just for your service when it should be tel login openID/Oath I wont be using it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 3:03 am