The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Fact or Fiction Alexa's ranking

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Fact or Fiction Alexa's ranking Empty Fact or Fiction Alexa's ranking

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:05 pm

Cees01-22-2011 11:38 AM

Fact or Fiction Alexa's ranking

I cant believe this outcome. 
    I have a .tel with an Alexa traffic rank of 20,208,913 a .net.au site with exactly the same name except I'm .tel they are .net.au, they have an Alexa traffic ranking of 20,208,912 one whole number difference, this cant possibly be correct, it doesn't instil (for me at least), confidence in Alexa's numbers.
    Any thoughts on this?

Bunjie01-22-2011 04:55 PM

Fiction, alexa is supposed to be based on how many people visit a website with a tool bar they got from alexa or a 3rd party tool bar with some alexa code.

I'm not entirely sure but because there's no code of theirs in our site it's really hard for them to get accurate metrics compared to other services that tell us to embed code so they can track each and every visit, unlike Alexa that only provide a passers by metric.

I hope that Telnic will allow us in the future to add the 3rd party code trackers which will allow us to prove outside of Telnics sphere that our individual .tels rank well and even rival other domains.

It would be nice to see Telnic put up a traffic page with a simple ranking system, so we can see the top 100 .tels vs traffic and visits e.t.c

Cees01-22-2011 08:09 PM

Thanks Bunjie,
    I'm all for Telnic putting in place a robust tracking system.
    Given the odds based on the Alexa ranking figures I quoted I should buy a lottery ticket and retire.

dialaroom01-22-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 12297)
    Thanks Bunjie,
    Given the odds based on the Alexa ranking figures I quoted I should buy a lottery ticket and retire.

[size]
    Cees, as a result of the low usage for the Alexa toolbar, compared to the number of users on the internet, the statistics you will get from Alexa are miles out, in terms of the visits you are getting, the keywords used and even the country of origin for these visitors.
    [/size]

Source: Why Alexa Data is not an accurate source of information about your website | Vertical Leap Blog 

I installed an alexa toolbar for a while, noted the ranking on a couple of my sites, then visited each site about 20 times a day via alexa search, google search and direct links, my Alexa ranking improved by several millions in a single week, try it and you'll see.

Cees01-23-2011 02:29 AM

Thanks Steve,
    Everywhere I look I see smoke and mirrors!

Blunderer01-23-2011 05:46 PM

How often can you submit sites to the search engines, and how often should you?

dialaroom01-23-2011 09:29 PM

Its generally thought that you resubmit a domain to a search engine only when there is a significant change to the site or the URLs.

I sort of imagine the searchbots like hungry animals, the more you feed them (add new unique content) the more they come back
    they have an insatiable appetite for content, stop feeding them and the less intersted they become.

I don't think anyone believes you will be penalised for over submitting, but you are not doing yourself any favours if there is nothing new to index.

Blunderer01-24-2011 10:31 AM

Thank you, Steve.

Roy.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 5:28 am