The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Ranking on google has fallen for some .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Ranking on google has fallen for some .tel Empty Ranking on google has fallen for some .tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:46 am

Shahid09-11-2011 11:11 PM

Ranking on google has fallen for some .tel

hello,
    just noticed my ranking has fallen down or rather lost out of top 100 where as it used to be top 5 ( not pages )
    not sure if google is trying to degrade them or is down for a while i just purchased 2 domains and paid via escrow.com hope i don't lose out on them
    please let me know if anyone is experiencing such.

Shahid

mikeseaton09-11-2011 11:28 PM

Hi Shahid,

The recent changes at Google re their treatment of subdomains may have had an effect

Mike Seaton

Shahid09-12-2011 12:01 AM

hey mike,
    thanks for the update, i think we are XXXX here because of subdomains we had the strength and even support .tel in a way atleast hoping for best but now if this is killed what does a .tel stand for ?

tel the people who wont listen hahah

Shahid

mikeseaton09-12-2011 12:23 AM

Shahid, I agree any drop in Google ranking due to a change in the way they view subdomains is a nuisance to us all, but I still believe there is a bigger picture for .tel that really could change the way the world communicates.

It's only perhaps once or twice a decade that an opportunity comes along to change the way the world interacts - think what Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Amazon and Facebook have achieved by being in the right place at the right time and pursuing their vision 7 days a week until it is a reality!

When I first got into .tel I could see that opportunity and it looked as if Telnic were well on their way, but 2 years later I'm beginning to get concerned, since many other organisations (Google, Skype, Facebook, etc) could relatively easily offer, or buy in, a "Dial-By-Name" solution, that while it would not be as good as .tel's potential, would happen now and be offered free of charge to their millions of existing users.

I really do hope Telnic choose to give an informed response to the thread at http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2277 - the recent concerns many .tel users/investors/developers on this forum have expressed are reasonable and deserve a detailed reply.

Mike Seaton

Shahid09-12-2011 09:57 AM

Hello, thanks for your post. well yes we all do believe in it that is why we are here, infact we have gone beyond everyone in how to present or get use of .tel

we work/i work 7 days a week too to bring future to reality but then again when you see certain downfalls it kinda puts you down on how your trend is going, the basic motive of any product is advertisement not how good that product is ( when you advertise, you sell ) have given good ideas in past to Telnic personally on phone but noting from them so i guess one get quite after sometime as no response arises.

investors are on verge of letting go, developers have left ( most of them ) because some can't afford to invest. users are very few and mostly people who have ample of time lets hope for the best and hope things turn out well.

shahid

mikeseaton09-12-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid;17395...
    investors are on verge of letting go, developers have left...

[size]
    That is why I, and many others, keep stressing time is of the essence and we need a response to the reasonable concerns that we have put forward.

I hope Telnic will reply to http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2277 and give enough info to re-assure users/investors/developers into "keeping the faith" and not abandoning what is no doubt a brilliant concept that currently appears to be drifting !

Investors and developers currently with .tel do have other choices over how they spend their investment capital of money and/or time
    - .co is one that many are finding profitable - the new domain extensions coming in 2012 are another.

I don't believe Telnic want to lose the "ecosystem" surrounding .tel - but silence to genuine and reasonable concerns could lead to that !

Hopefully we will get a response today from Telnic ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

Simon G09-12-2011 03:23 PM

It is suprising how long this silence is going on for. One would almost imagine that they have been tying up loose ends before some sort of announcement. Once thing for sure is they are more concerned about something other than the community which they spent a reasonable amount of effort to nurture.

No: newsletters,
    blog updates,
    press releases, 
    new designs of templates,
    timeline 
    or "community manager" 
    there is probally no need to list any more examples.

They are either bootstraping for the long term or tying up loose ends for some sort big change/development. Hoping it is the latter as the .pro registry have tried the former and they have gone no where.

mikeseaton09-12-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 17408)
    They are either bootstraping for the long term or tying up loose ends for some sort big change/development. Hoping it is the latter as the .pro registry have tried the former and they have gone no where.

[size]
    I hope so as well Simon, because if not this silence from Telnic is likely to lead to the most dramatic falloff in interest / time / money from .tel developers and investors in the coming weeks.

I find it hard to believe that Telnic no longer care about the involvement of software developers and domain investors in their product, so I am assuming they are being legally gagged before some big announcement.

"Time will .tel" - but time is running out for .tel !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-12-2011 05:42 PM

But any word from a responsible organization reading this forum would be appropriate at this time. I know Justin said he doesn't respond often to forum comments but the pending force is overwhelming.
    Mark

Justin Hayward09-12-2011 06:33 PM

Please see my response on this thread, http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php...1&postcount=21

Shahid09-12-2011 09:38 PM

Thanks for replying justin.

Shahid

Cees09-13-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 17388)
    hello,
    just noticed my ranking has fallen down or rather lost out of top 100 where as it used to be top 5 ( not pages )
    not sure if google is trying to degrade them or is down for a while i just purchased 2 domains and paid via escrow.com hope i don't lose out on them
    please let me know if anyone is experiencing such.

Shahid

[size]
    Shahid, 
    Yes I've noticed that for the last few weeks, however the drop appears to very inconsistent, some of mine have disappeared from the radar whilst other's have not changed at all.[/size]

dialaroom09-14-2011 07:38 PM

Talking of Google inconsistency, couldn't find Snaith.tel a local geo I'm developing, in the first 1000 results of google for several weeks. Serps checkers kept showing it on page 6 or 7, but it wasn't there.

Just checked earlier and it appeared on page 7. Now it's disappeared again. Adding some more backlinks, hoping it appears again. Can only think there must be some sort of sandbox, and with google's ever tweaking algorithm I'm keeping fingers crossed.

Thought it might be the hidden root level folders holding it back, but Taxinumbers.tel has just jumped to PR2 and appears on page 1 of google.

N.B. Am using domain name without .tel in search to measure movement in serps.

Shahid09-19-2011 08:50 AM

Hello, hope your doing well.
    yes it seems like that but some of .tel are still landing on first page for example

New Marine Parts 

it has been up since i registered it.

try to link snaith.tel from any other .tel for a few weeks it will be visible on google.

Shahid

hopefully things should be good as far as seo.

Cees09-19-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 17488)
    Talking of Google inconsistency, couldn't find Snaith.tel a local geo I'm developing, in the first 1000 results of google for several weeks. Serps checkers kept showing it on page 6 or 7, but it wasn't there.

Just checked earlier and it appeared on page 7. Now it's disappeared again. Adding some more backlinks, hoping it appears again. Can only think there must be some sort of sandbox, and with google's ever tweaking algorithm I'm keeping fingers crossed.

Thought it might be the hidden root level folders holding it back, but Taxinumbers.tel has just jumped to PR2 and appears on page 1 of google.

N.B. Am using domain name without .tel in search to measure movement in serps.

[size]
    Dialaroom,
    At my end Sydney Australia.
    snaith.tel appears on page 10 and 11 variously.
    taxinumbers.tel on page 1[/size]

dialaroom09-19-2011 01:16 PM

@shahid - Thanks for linking
    @Cees - Thanks for info

Gentlemen thanks for help and info. Just checked on my tablet using Opera, google search puts snaith.tel on page 3. My old laptop does not have it listed at all, weird!

Shahid09-19-2011 11:20 PM

ranking has improved than it was washed away, ranking are coming back slightly but happy to know this.
    at least makes me happy and not upset over 2 domains i purchased.

Shahid

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 7:25 pm