The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

CardCloud.com - Is this a problem for .tel ?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

CardCloud.com - Is this a problem for .tel ? Empty CardCloud.com - Is this a problem for .tel ?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:53 pm

mikeseaton08-14-2011 11:11 PM

CardCloud.com - Is this a problem for .tel ?

I was watching BBC Click tonight (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online) and they did a piece aboutwww.CardCloud.com

How much of a competitor is this to .tel - given that it is Free and has been put in front of millions of BBC viewers tonight?

Why is .tel not being featured on BBC Click?

Mike Seaton

GoBigCity08-19-2011 05:31 PM

I have decided to take the big time optimistic stance on .tel. Rather than being concerned about the lack of information on the direction of .tel from Telnic as a negative, I am going to assume that the reason they tell us NOTHING is because there are HUGE deals in the making and they are under a gag order. I have some great local geo's and when the news breaks, I will be very busy with my directories. Get ready guys!!!!

marimax08-19-2011 05:46 PM

I hope BigCity is right. I also own quite a few geo domains

mikeseaton08-19-2011 06:02 PM

@GoBigCity - I thought you had been banned recently - welcome back anyway !

If .tel hits mainstream - or "Joe Public" as we would say in the UK - many forum members who have "kept the faith" are going to be very wealthy !

Yesterday I picked up http://FlyDrive.tel for under $10 - unbelievable - just need to find time to populate it with useful data and affiliate links.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton08-20-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16921)
    That is a very interesting statement! I cannot stop thinking about it!

What do you think how long it will take until this situation will happen?

[size]
    Jens, all you need to do is to apply 2 simple tests:

1. Go into a mobile phone shop in a High (or Main as they say in the USA) Street, discuss mobile phone contracts and ask whether any of the Telcos will include a .tel with the mobile phone contract.

2. Ask someone you've just met for their .tel, not their phone number.

When the above 2 tests are consistently met with a positive response, rather than a blank stare or "What?", you know you're well on the way (if you own enough high quality .tels) to choosing whether your next new car is a Porsche or Ferrari - though I'd probably just renew my BMW Coupe and buy a new boat with the money saved !

Seriously though, IMO the biggest threat to those in the .tel ecosystem is that before .tel reaches "critical mass" someone like Apple, Google or Microsoft (all who have billions of dollars tucked away ready to be spent) will buy up a site like http://www.CardCloud.com, or develop the software themselves, and offer it free of charge to their millions of existing users.

That's why I believe "time is of the essence" and Telnic must get "Joe Public" using .tel as naturally as they use their mobiles, even if it means doing a deal with the Telcos to give away millions of .tel domains for the first year of registration.

I know this would be controversial, and would need the registrars to agree to it, but think of the renewal fees after that first year and the new registrations that would happen if everyone who owned a mobile expected to have their own .tel.

Remember Bill Gates many many years ago when he had this vision of a computer (running Windows) on every desktop - he has successfully achieved this objective though Microsoft had to be prepared to give away things like Internet Explorer free of charge to get critical mass.

Bill looked at the "bigger picture" and judged it worth it !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Cees08-21-2011 12:58 AM

Mike, 
    I hope your right, I have and am keeping the faith, however the clock is ticking and I feel we are approaching the point where a review of tactics by Telnic is due, (I'm sure they must be working hard behind the scenes) otherwise this dream we all have will evaporate as others keep chipping away at the .tel features and leave us all in their wake.

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 9:34 pm