The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

This is the problem of the TLD .tel

TelKing
    TelKing
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

This is the problem of the TLD .tel Empty This is the problem of the TLD .tel

Post by TelKing 2012-12-28, 7:44 am

Think about this: http://twitter.com/m1ket/status/284608788315635712

The problem with .tel is that the idea of this TLD is nice, but everything is carried out with very little effort.
    It would need only a skilled designer to create great results, but currently nothing is thought through.
    How .tel wants to survive in the domain world with thousands of web designers?

I have a serious question: Is anybody thinking the domains from Telnic look beautiful (either on computers or on mobiles)?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

This is the problem of the TLD .tel Empty Re: This is the problem of the TLD .tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-12-28, 10:11 am

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

This is the problem of the TLD .tel Empty Re: This is the problem of the TLD .tel

Post by maxi 2012-12-28, 10:32 am

TelKing wrote:I have a serious question: Is anybody thinking the domains from Telnic look beautiful (either on computers or on mobiles)?
    By my mind, only the very first, so called "Retro-style template" has a design. It is not perfect, but it has a design.

It is much easier to sell something, what looks nice and perfect. The product by its qualities - design and functionality - should temptate the customer to get it.

Also by my mind: it seems to me that all the other templates are just amateurish sketches, and they will not temptate anybody, who see them, to get his own TEL.

Now, when big pictures became available from Telnic, and second column of the text at the right is available from telmasters .com I will try to reverse my TELs to the "Retro Style" template - to something, which will looks like Portretas .tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-12-28, 5:31 pm

If they ever add money and a template framework, people will use tel just to make themes to sell to other members, tho ever = never so... eh, but in any sense they should have the ability for designers to submit themes even if it's a fixed framework, meaning you can't do X Y Z and as long as they validate/check and confirm to allow them to be sold to other members I don't see an issue.. other than the wish to not want to do so much.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-12-28, 9:00 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:...but in any sense they should have the ability for designers to submit themes even if it's a fixed framework, meaning you can't do X Y Z and as long as they validate/check and confirm to allow them to be sold to other members...
    fustachio, it is a nice idea!

I personally do not think that it is realistic selling such templates. But instead of selling them, they could be allowed for use for free - but with a mark that it was made artist whose TEL is this or this. In a word, on that template there would be that artist's TEL written (not a link to his TEL, but a sign of his TEL written on that template).

It (that artist's TEL written) could be there for some limited time only, for a year, for example. After that time the template would be allowed without sign with that artist's TEL. In this way the artist who would be busy in creating his new design would have a benefit of his own TEL advertizing, and Telnic would have designs for free.

It is pity, but I do not believe, that Telnic with its current unwillinness to do something will implement it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 5:04 pm